PDA

View Full Version : New Myst V Preview from Just Adventure

mszv
06-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Here's a new preview of Myst V, from Just Adventure. It's good.

Myst V Preview from Just Adventure (http://www.justadventure.com/Previews/MystV/MystV.shtm)

mszv
06-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Here's a new preview of Myst V, from Just Adventure. It's good.

Myst V Preview from Just Adventure (http://www.justadventure.com/Previews/MystV/MystV.shtm)

bowendesign
06-21-2005, 12:37 PM
No kidding, Mary!

Love this quote -

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The age I saw was beautiful . . . in fact, the word beautiful may not seem to be the right word at all. This age was alive, in that each blade of grass moved with the wind, the waves rolled in and out, and I could watch a flock of pelican-like birds on a nearby island as they squawked and sunned themselves on the rocks. I was able to meet Esher, the new D€ni character that Rand explained will take on a huge role in this final chapter of Myst. Now, I was as skeptical as most when I heard that the in game characters were going to be animated. I€ve always loved how the Myst games have been able to integrate actors into the scenery, adding that extra sense if immersion. Saying that, I was beyond impressed with Esher€s animation. The movement of his robe as he paced seemed completely natural. His facial expressions were completely life-like. I€m anxious to see more of these physics in action when I get my hands on the complete game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOW I'M EXCITED. Well, I was before. But now even more!

Boyue65
06-22-2005, 12:57 AM
I must admit, I would very much like to see the Cyan writers creating Esher with something other than a black hat on. Seeing as Yeesha is an established character and all -- essentially a prophetic figure -- it seems to be the height of madness right now to do anything other than what she says.

Of course, she's not entirely sane herself.