PDA

View Full Version : joystick software

J.M.LLOYD
07-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Hi All.From time to time there are many questions regarding joystick selection,Im a Saitek x52 owner,but was obliged to because Microsoft would not support its sidewinder F/feed stick when XP conversion came along.My question is that still the case? is there no software around or is my old faithful stick to stay in its box. thanks Jeff[taffy]Lloyd

J.M.LLOYD
07-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Hi All.From time to time there are many questions regarding joystick selection,Im a Saitek x52 owner,but was obliged to because Microsoft would not support its sidewinder F/feed stick when XP conversion came along.My question is that still the case? is there no software around or is my old faithful stick to stay in its box. thanks Jeff[taffy]Lloyd

Gold_Monkey
07-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Win XP should recognize your MS joystick just plug it in, boot up, go to control panel/game controllers, and configure the joystick. I have been running a MSFFB2 on WinXP since day one without any software installation,and my stick works perfectly. These joysticks were made when win98 was in use. You don't need software to run your stick in WinXP

J.M.LLOYD
07-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Thanks for that G/M, I notice that you have a MSFFB2, I have the MK1 stick [force F/back] would that be the same with regards XP recognition,I shall plug and see. Thanks

Taylortony
07-02-2006, 01:26 AM
Also if you find the Force feedback to strong etc there are some ready made files for the game to alter this and indeed an editor for it look here under joysticks

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm

Buster_Dee
07-03-2006, 02:23 PM
I have the old gameport version of the FF running in XP Pro w/SP2. Works fine in PF. Sometimes the FF does drop out if I go to desktop. I think it happens when I respawn on-line too. Don't really remember. Anyway, if I stay in-game, it never drops out. Works great!

Bearcat99
07-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Ive been using my MSFFB stick since 2001.. (well not the same one.. I gave my old one to my son and started using my backup when Aces came out) Have since gotten another backup shortly before they became unsupported. XP runs it fine.

KaleunFreddie
07-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Generally it's all a question of what BILL decides to support ??
USB Human interfaces have been designed to support 6DOF (Degrees of Freedom)[Hmm FREEDOM is an interesting word] for some time to come. I have not seen much of 'FIREWIRE' in this regard. so if in any doubt....

Google ...'Human interface - USB/Firewire'

You'll get all the garbage ...and more than you want....
you'll have to be 'Patient' like me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

hshmulik
07-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Just to put some order to things:

MSFFB1 (game port) WILL work on WinXP, you just can't install its software (3.0x) to configure profiles, forces, etc. It wasn't ported from Win9x.

MSFFB2 (USB) also works on WinXP, AND you can install its software (4.0x) to configure forces.

That's it.