PDA

View Full Version : Block mods

Slate1
04-29-2010, 09:25 AM
I keep getting kicked out of rooms on hyperlobby. It seems to be do to the mods allowed. I don't use mods. Is there some way to simply block other people's in my game.

blairgowrie
04-29-2010, 09:31 AM
Fraid not m8. If the host is using mods, you would have to have them as well. Just about everyone is using them so perhaps you should think about installing them.

TinyTim
04-29-2010, 10:55 AM
What blairgowrie said. Plus - most popular mod packs come with simple version switchers, which enable you to switch between unmodded game and certain mod packs with a single click.

JG53_Valantine
04-29-2010, 10:59 AM
It could also be the patch version you are running: if yo uare still on 4.07/4.08/4.09beta then you'll be extremely hard pressed to find a server
V

Slate1
04-29-2010, 12:55 PM
I have mods. Just don't do anything with them. I read here that the mods where the problem with being kicked. I just came from a room that had mods disabled. Still got kicked. Guess that wasn't it.

Slate1
04-29-2010, 12:57 PM
BTW, this is always after flying a while.

RAF_OldBuzzard
04-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Slate1:
BTW, this is always after flying a while.

If you are getting into the game, flying for a few minutes, and THEN getting kicked, it's not the mods and/or version of the game you are running.

That sounds like you are getting kicked for excessive lag.

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-29-2010, 03:48 PM
What kind of ping are you getting in these servers? Is there a message with a reason for the kick or error message of any kind?

TinyTim
04-29-2010, 04:09 PM
So, if I get this right you are being kicked from a server you already successfully joined? This can't be mods then.

Are you on wireless connection? It might have something to do with the wireless zero configuration. I was having the same simptoms after I switched to wireless (being kicked a few minutes after joining the server). Essentially it's a pretty stupid thing that is constantly checking (every minute or so) for any other wireless networks in range other than the one you are already connected to. Nothing wrong with it apart from generating one hell of a lag every minute. So, after you are successfully connected to a network, try disabling the wireless zero configuration (via services.msc which you enter into the command prompt, the rest is self explanatory)

EDIT: All this under assumption your ping is otherwise normal (that is about or less than roughly 200). You can check ping by pressing S during an online game - that small white number in brackets is your ping in miliseconds. Servers are set to kick players with high ping, so if your usual ping is high already, you might be trying to connect to game on the other side of the world or something.

Hawgdog
04-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by blairgowrie:
Just about everyone is using them so perhaps you should think about installing them.

Maybe a short while ago, but from what I've noticed increasingly folks are abandoning the mods for the plain jane version.

Erkki_M
04-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Hawgdog:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blairgowrie:
Just about everyone is using them so perhaps you should think about installing them.

Maybe a short while ago, but from what I've noticed increasingly folks are abandoning the mods for the plain jane version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Theres at lest one full switch stock 409 server full of people every evening, plus WarClouds which has stock planes and maps but mods(including cockpit) allowed.

Slate1
04-30-2010, 09:55 AM
I have fiber optic cable connection. Ping depends on room of course. But, even rooms with excellent ping kick me. Sometime after a few minutes, sometimes I can last an hour. Nothing seems to make any difference. I have been "flying" for about 12 years, so I know to not have anything else running. System optimized, etc.

Slate1
04-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Oh, and it only started after last upgrade.

BillSwagger
04-30-2010, 10:26 AM
On occasion i get kicked for no apparent reason. No ping warning, and usually my ping is somewhere from 70-120.

The explanation i got was that the latest version of the game has a bug that causes this.
I'm not trying to perpetuate this rumor, because from what i can tell, it only seems to happen on one or two servers. I think it might actually be a server bug, and not a symptom of the entire game. I can't rule out that it is, but it's practically a non-existent problem on other servers by comparison.

Bill

Jumoschwanz
05-01-2010, 10:53 PM
There are a LOT of places to fly with no mods. WarClouds, which is one of the most popular IL2 servers does not require mods to join, and a lot of the pilots that fly there do not use mods.

CZ_AH_Dedicated is really busy too every day, and it allows no mods.

Riga Server, no mods and crowded every day.

Spits_vs_109s has a no-mod server that has people on it every day.

=GRiJ=Dedicado is another one, no mods and always busy every day.....

Also Aviar's coops, and many other spur of the minute dogfight and coops are run if you hang out in the HL.

There are many dozens of servers on Hyperlobby at any time, you just have to look through them to find one you can have fun on...

Crimsonpride
05-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Slate1:
I keep getting kicked out of rooms on hyperlobby. It seems to be do to the mods allowed. I don't use mods. Is there some way to simply block other people's in my game.

Another one of the resons i was dead set against them for so long. But even i have to admit that if you want to play online (and i do) then that's the way to go. Hate it but such is the state of the game today. now 5 years ago there were mods and rumors of mods but you never had a problem finding a game on line to join. Between that and the introduction of the F-86 is enough to make me reverse my opinion.
That and there's a pretty good group of ppl working with them now that i would be more trusting of to ensure fair play.

hispeedirt
05-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Try closing the ingame chat window so no lines show. Had the same problem. I use it sparingly right now and haven't had a kick in weeks. Miss the banter but I don't miss getting kicked sitting on someones six ready to pull the trigger!

VW-IceFire
05-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by hispeedirt:
Try closing the ingame chat window so no lines show. Had the same problem. I use it sparingly right now and haven't had a kick in weeks. Miss the banter but I don't miss getting kicked sitting on someones six ready to pull the trigger!
Must be the placebo effect... because that makes no technical sense to me. You're still receiving the messages so what would reducing the size of that chat do other than make it difficult for you to use and others to communicate with you?

A lot of people who have connection issues use wireless and although wireless makes things simpler in terms of less wires and the technology itself is getting easier to use... it's still not really optimal for gaming. There are too many influencing factors.