PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2 online mode revealed

sm312
07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
I don't know if any of you guys saw this but here's what AC2 online component will be http://www.thesixthaxis.com/20...s-creed-online-mode/ (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/06/08/assassins-creed-online-mode/)

Ezio_475
07-14-2009, 04:35 PM
This is complete crap, no one wants to decorate a room in assasins creed, if they want to do that they'd play the sims 3. No one will ever go online or ever try it out.

caswallawn_2k7
07-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Ezio_475:
This is complete crap, no one wants to decorate a room in assasins creed, if they want to do that they'd play the sims 3. No one will ever go online or ever try it out.
they said that about home yet millions of people use it and MS is working on cloning it for live http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

moqqy
07-14-2009, 04:45 PM
It's not lame. It makes sense.

It's basically a room showing what you've achieved in the game (e.g, found all the flags...) and you can invite your friend to watch it and then talk about the game. Nothing more, nothing less. Not a big deal.

If it even is in the game.

OniLinkSword
07-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by moqqy:
It's not lame. It makes sense.

It's basically a room showing what you've achieved in the game (e.g, found all the flags...) and you can invite your friend to watch it and then talk about the game. Nothing more, nothing less. Not a big deal.

If it even is in the game. Sounds lame to me. It may be good as a lobby feature.

Zackebacke
07-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Aw, you got my hopes up.

sm312
07-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Hopefully there's more I think we should have a PSN/XBL user name trading thread around the games release so we can all talk about AC2 and chill

Cornik22
07-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Wow, it looks like the info finally got out. If you want my opinion, I never liked the idea. But anyway, maybe it is funny, who knows...

AetosEagle
07-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Wow, that totally sucks. "hai guise come look at my living room put ur feet up i maek u a refreshments!" That's the message that's going to be spammed over PSN and XBL for the entire AC2 period. Everyone will show off and parade around when it honestly isn't doing any good. Why Game Developers!? Why!?

whitewolf111
07-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Yuck. To me, this isn't a good idea at all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

AC is one of those games that is just a single player. Some games are like that. For example, who would want to play Zelda online? Or Oblivion? AC was good as a single player, and should be ruined because of a horrible multi

ThePheonix1030
07-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Better than no online modes at all. I'm not complaining.

EDIT: I never thought multiplayer was a good idea, either. But since oh so many people begged for it, we get this instead. Makes me laugh.

meleh1987
07-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Ubi seriously if that is what the online mode is
FORGET IT

THAT makes no sense, we want an online AC experience not playstation home with AC2 skins

or THE SIMS

If that is the online then drop it and concentrate on refining the game

online modes should be something FUNNER LOL
ie: templars vs assassins in multiple game modes or something

this thing is nonsense it is supped up achievements and trophies

Velvit
07-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Why are you guys hateing on it I no it's not want we wanted but their not forceing you to use it assassins creed combat wouldn't do to well online capture the flag would be fun though

ThrasherX11
07-14-2009, 09:09 PM
if its more than just a room...saaay like... a city to just run around and climb with friends then that would be great! HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OniLinkSword
07-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by whitewolf111:
Yuck. To me, this isn't a good idea at all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

AC is one of those games that is just a single player. Some games are like that. For example, who would want to play Zelda online? Or Oblivion? AC was good as a single player, and should be ruined because of a horrible multi You do know that there was a fun multiplayer mode for Zelda? They also made an online mode for the DS game. What about Splinter Cell? Splinter Cell was only single player and it was adapted to a great original multiplayer game.

Your logic has failed you.

EmperorxZurg
07-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by OniLinkSword:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whitewolf111:

AC is one of those games that is just a single player. Some games are like that. For example, who would want to play Zelda online? Or Oblivion? AC was good as a single player, and should be ruined because of a horrible multi You do know that there was a fun multiplayer mode for Zelda? They also made an online mode for the DS game. What about Splinter Cell? Splinter Cell was only single player and it was adapted to a great original multiplayer game.

Your logic has failed you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Owned!
but I think the multiplayer would have been better if they just added some sort of co-op

Danvish
07-15-2009, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by OniLinkSword:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whitewolf111:

Your logic has failed you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's an ouch!

I also think it's a stupid idea: you come out from a mission in which you just killed 30 guards, passed half Italy, killed another target without even being seen, and then what?
You go dress like a lady and serve tea to your friends?

SWJS
07-15-2009, 12:43 AM
"However, I could be completely wrong due to the article mentioning Xbox and PC as well. If any of our Spanish readers could help us out it would be appreciated."

They got their info from a magazine they couldn't even translate. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Man, you're telling me you guys got so mellowdramatic over an artile by a third party publisher that probably doesn't even know what it's doing? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Danvish
07-15-2009, 12:51 AM
I don't think anyone's getting mellowdramatic... we're just discussing the options..

SWJS
07-15-2009, 01:14 AM
I've seen several posts in this thread complaining about info from a third party site that got their info from a spanish article they could barely translate.

If you ask me, there are over 400 people working on the game, there are still a few months between us and the release, and it's WAY to early to be complaining about possible, but not probable, online gameplay.

I do believe I also heard Patrice say something about not having any ideas or concepts for Multiplayer yet, so the article is probably wrong.

As for my views on Multi in AC2, a mode like what was stated above would be just what I need. Xbox live and PSN are both full of little kids and jerkasses. If I could invite specific friends into my own customizable corner of the Reniassance, where we could chat, catch up, and talk about how awesome AC2 is, I'd love that.

Personally, I believe online co-op and stuff like it is best reserved for FPSs, like Halo 3. I must say, when I first played Halo 3 with 3 other people, it was an absolute blast. AC is a single player series. The controls would conflict online, plus, imagine trying to catch you buddy and kill him when you're out of bullets and knives, and he's ahead of you. It would go on for hours and it would be tedious and boring. Maybe a "Assassins vs Templars" kind of mode would be ok, but the templar side would probably be at an unfair advantage.

Ultimately, I say take a break from faffing about with your friends online, and take in some nice, stress-relieving, blood-spewing, badass "Me" time and take in the sights of Venice.

Danvish
07-15-2009, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
I've seen several posts in this thread complaining about info from a third party site that got their info from a spanish article they could barely translate.

If you ask me, there are over 400 people working on the game, there are still a few months between us and the release, and it's WAY to early to be complaining about possible, but not probable, online gameplay.

I do believe I also heard Patrice say something about not having any ideas or concepts for Multiplayer yet, so the article is probably wrong.

As for my views on Multi in AC2, a mode like what was stated above would be just what I need. Xbox live and PSN are both full of little kids and jerkasses. If I could invite specific friends into my own customizable corner of the Reniassance, where we could chat, catch up, and talk about how awesome AC2 is, I'd love that.

Personally, I believe online co-op and stuff like it is best reserved for FPSs, like Halo 3. I must say, when I first played Halo 3 with 3 other people, it was an absolute blast. AC is a single player series. The controls would conflict online, plus, imagine trying to catch you buddy and kill him when you're out of bullets and knives, and he's ahead of you. It would go on for hours and it would be tedious and boring. Maybe a "Assassins vs Templars" kind of mode would be ok, but the templar side would probably be at an unfair advantage.

Ultimately, I say take a break from faffing about with your friends online, and take in some nice, stress-relieving, blood-spewing, badass "Me" time and take in the sights of Venice.

Alright, but what about an online scenario where different assassins team up to complete a very diffucult missions, like in Diablo 2. Let's say you and me log in to the same game, we're both assassins and we can work together to accomplish numerous targets, that you can't do when playing alone. i.e: One of your targets is located inside a house that has a secret tunnel he can escape through if he hears someone's about to assassinate him. The house is guarded by an archer, and 2 melee guards, and they are always looking on each other, so you have to kill them all in the same time. Alone? impossible, 2 players however can accomplish it. It's like in the ghillie mission in COD4. Get my point?

And about inviting some friends to just talk and chill, you can do it in anyday Messenger/Skype or even here in the forums.

meleh1987
07-15-2009, 07:07 AM
exactly danvish is right no need for a chilling room lol that is what forums are for

ALL THESE ARE IDEAS THROW IN YOUR IDEAS TO IMPROVE THE MODEL PLZZZZZZ

But the Idea that I suggested about assassins vs templars was exactly that

ONLINE PLAY SIMILAR TO COOP IN RESISTANCE 2

A HUGE WAR templar (CPU's) vs a handful of assassins MAYBE 3 or 4

with different objectives to aid there brothers to infiltrate a fortress protected by countless guards (50-100)

for example one of the 4 must open a gate to let your brothers in, while another must eliminate archers so that you are not spotted
others can set fire to armories to make it easier to fight the guards little objective like that

killing a camp of enemies to move forward

all assassins would start at different location 4 corners of the fortress

objective is to kill a target, could be done though brute strength or stealth

side stories that support the war between Templar and assassins (not ezio playing)

time limits: for example the team must complete the task in one day putting pressure on the assassins

ThePheonix1030
07-15-2009, 08:03 AM
If we do get any multiplayer, all I want is free-roaming. Different modes would suck, IMO.

Raide
07-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Hello All,

The article linked is still a rumour and we do not comment or speculate on rumours. The Ubisoft Development team is working hard to make Assassin's Creed 2 an amazing experience for Assassin's Creed fans.

EmperorxZurg
07-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Raide:
Hello All,

The article linked is still a rumour and we do not comment or speculate on rumours. The Ubisoft Development team is working hard to make Assassin's Creed 2 an amazing experience for Assassin's Creed fans.
Thank God! I knew Ubisoft wouldn't do something like that!

SWJS
07-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Danvish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:

Alright, but what about an online scenario where different assassins team up to complete a very diffucult missions, like in Diablo 2. Let's say you and me log in to the same game, we're both assassins and we can work together to accomplish numerous targets, that you can't do when playing alone. i.e: One of your targets is located inside a house that has a secret tunnel he can escape through if he hears someone's about to assassinate him. The house is guarded by an archer, and 2 melee guards, and they are always looking on each other, so you have to kill them all in the same time. Alone? impossible, 2 players however can accomplish it. It's like in the ghillie mission in COD4. Get my point?

And about inviting some friends to just talk and chill, you can do it in anyday Messenger/Skype or even here in the forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I seriously doubt Ubisoft would add missions only accessible and passable through online co-op. Anyone who can't get Live Gold wouldn't be able to finish the game. A mission like the would be possible to do alone as well. You have the means to assassinate guards quietly and you have the means to hide the bodies. If the two melee guards are standing beside each other, you could easily take them both out with double assassination. Also, thanks to new parkour mechanics, scaling the walls and getting inside without the target knowing would most likely be very easy, ecspecially if the mission is at night and they're asleep. There are many ways one person could complete that objective.

And no. The afformentioned online mode would allow you to interact with friends in your own customizable Reniassance home with the addition of voice. Forums and MSN only let you communicate through text. Sure MSN has webcam, but really, I'd rather share my experiences with someone in my own little slice of AC2 than on a tiny screen on a slightly bigger screen. Plus, I'd love to see a customizable forum. Ha! that would be hilarious. If there is a forum that could let me control my own assassin in my own customizable room, then by all means point me to it.

Even if it isn't real or is just a rumor, I'd like it better than akward gameplay modes that are more suited to splinter cell.

AetosEagle
07-15-2009, 03:25 PM
I also think it's a stupid idea: you come out from a mission in which you just killed 30 guards, passed half Italy, killed another target without even being seen, and then what?
You go dress like a lady and serve tea to your friends?

Lmao! My thoughts exactly. You pass amazing scenery, spend fun filled hours touring the amazing structures of the Italian Renassaince, have an in-depth insight to huge characters in the game such as Da Vinci, then:

Pause.
Main menu.
Assassins Creed Home.
(Open message send) *Hey everyone, tea party at my place! I'll give you a tour of my flag collection, and then you can see my nice new wallpaper!! Who takes sugar in their tea?* (Send message to: All. Send.)

Yeah, awesome.

sm312
07-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Oh sorry Raide I thought this was confirmed my bad and multi I think free roam only would be awesome other modes like deathmatch I don't really care about but imagine like you and a couple of friends/people exploring/ messing about in Italy that would be awesome

Serpentskull
07-21-2009, 09:02 PM
still the idea of your own house would be sweet if u could freeroam with ur friends and then just find ur house in the city and invite them over. You should be able to kill eachother aswell so you could yell at ur friends and say, "HEY no blood on the couch!" even if they didnt add houses though they should add free roam like in gta4 and templars vrs. assassins wouldnt be bad either

Cpt_Yanni
07-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Don't you guys wonder why only two sites mentioned the "online-mode"... Large sites (like IGN) mentioned nothing about this news... And believe me, if this really is true then we would have heard more about this...

Serpentskull
07-22-2009, 10:35 AM
maybe but they might not announce the online until later and they were pressured to add it because of everything the players said about the first game.

Danvish
07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:
Don't you guys wonder why only two sites mentioned the "online-mode"... Large sites (like IGN) mentioned nothing about this news... And believe me, if this really is true then we would have heard more about this...

As I do have some experience in journalism, usually it's the unknown sources who bring the biggest news, but ofc it could be wrong.

Cpt_Yanni
07-22-2009, 12:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:

As I do have some experience in journalism, usually it's the unknown sources who bring the biggest news, but ofc it could be wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you have experience in journalism, then you can follow me in the fact that Patrice Desilets told everytime almost the same thing on E3 and the other interviews between E3 and now. He never mentioned anything about this online feature in the game. If you followed all the news of Assassin's Creed 2 then you know that Patrice Desilets told us that there isn't (at this moment) a online feature in development for AC2 but they are discussing it...

And if this "news" of this online feature is true, i don't think it will be a real feature of the game but a part of Playstations 3's Home.

EmperorxZurg
07-22-2009, 12:37 PM
it can be for the 360 too! Don't leave us out. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Danvish
07-22-2009, 12:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danvish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:

As I do have some experience in journalism, usually it's the unknown sources who bring the biggest news, but ofc it could be wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you have experience in journalism, then you can follow me in the fact that Patrice Desilets told everytime almost the same thing on E3 and the other interviews between E3 and now. He never mentioned anything about this online feature in the game. If you followed all the news of Assassin's Creed 2 then you know that Patrice Desilets told us that there isn't (at this moment) a online feature in development for AC2 but they are discussing it...

And if this "news" of this online feature is true, i don't think it will be a real feature of the game but a part of Playstations 3's Home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've read all Patrice's interviews, and he's right, he never admitted having an online mode, but as you said, he admitted they are DISCUSSING it, and with the game getting closer to the step of splitting it to the 3 consules, I think they have already decided if there's an online mod or not.

Cpt_Yanni
07-22-2009, 12:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danvish:

And if this "news" of this online feature is true, i don't think it will be a real feature of the game but a part of Playstations 3's Home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've read all Patrice's interviews, and he's right, he never admitted having an online mode, but as you said, he admitted they are DISCUSSING it, and with the game getting closer to the step of splitting it to the 3 consules, I think they have already decided if there's an online mod or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well the mutliplayer is (for me) completely unnecessary in . I prefer that they use their time to improve the singleplayer... And besides ... A multiplayer ... How they are going to fix a multiplayer "like everyone wants it"? Because everyone wants to be "the hero (= an Assassin) and not a guard that chases an Assassin or protects a target... Right?

EmperorxZurg
07-22-2009, 01:13 PM
well u never know, there are always those people who just love being on the locust side for Gears of war, even tho they're mad out as horrible creatures, my friends love being the locust way more than the cogs, who are the good people protecting humanity

Backadd
07-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Yea, but i don't think it would work with "assassins vs guards" cuz guards are to easy to kill and if they where as strong as the assassins it would be to hard to kill each other :P would be best with some kind of free mode, maybe as the multiplayer mode in fable 2?

Serpentskull
07-22-2009, 02:28 PM
they should have a free roam mode atleast where you can run around with your friend and maybe even co-op with two random assassins or even like if there was a glitch in the animus and altair and ezio get stuck together then you could have some sort of co-op going on there

EmperorxZurg
07-22-2009, 02:32 PM
what they might do is the first player is Ezio and the second player can be part of the affiliates who help, so u have like a permanant thief or mercanary helpin u out. Wouldn't destroy the plot or story of all of it and we get co-op which is the most of multiplayer I would want

Serpentskull
07-22-2009, 02:55 PM
yea but everyone wants to be an assassin no one really wants to be a theif. Co-op and freeroam with your friends would be the most fun in AC2 but i also think that they could may be have an online co-op were you could invade some house or some castle surrounded by guards and you could just charge or go stealth and try to assassinate someone they were protecting. I agree that if some sort of online was added it would definetly increase the lifespan of the game because after you've beat the game you still want to play it so why not go online with your friends? Even if they dont add online though i think there should be some type of multiplayer because playing the game alone is fun but how awsome would it be if you sneak up on the guy your supposed to kill and he notices you. he starts to walk backwards slowly and then turns to run but sees your friend right infront of him. (Slash) Its still gonna be awsome though

obliviondoll
07-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Serpentskull:
yea but everyone wants to be an assassin no one really wants to be a theif.
You never played Thief: The Dark Project, did you?

I want to be a thief. A lot of people enjoy occasionally playing a support role instead of the main character. I think the suggestion of 2-player co-op with 2 assassins and missions where 2 players are needed is good, but I think a support player mode would be nice too, and alternate who is Assassin and who is supporter. You could play as a Courtesan and go be sexy in front of a target while Ezio sneaks up on them...

OK.. Maybe not, but still... it's not a TOTALLY bad idea... I can think of people who'd enjoy that one...

Danvish
07-22-2009, 11:29 PM

I've read all Patrice's interviews, and he's right, he never admitted having an online mode, but as you said, he admitted they are DISCUSSING it, and with the game getting closer to the step of splitting it to the 3 consules, I think they have already decided if there's an online mod or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well the mutliplayer is (for me) completely unnecessary in . I prefer that they use their time to improve the singleplayer... And besides ... A multiplayer ... How they are going to fix a multiplayer "like everyone wants it"? Because everyone wants to be "the hero (= an Assassin) and not a guard that chases an Assassin or protects a target... Right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gugards Vs. Assassins won't work since AC's fighting system is based on turns. Try to that online with lag, and you're done.
The only mod that will work is Co-Op.

Serpentskull
07-23-2009, 10:18 AM
yea I agree co-op is the best type of multiplayer for AC2 but i still think they should make some online missions were like 4 people have to try an assassinate someone who is guarded by a lot of soldiers(npc's) and you would have to work together to get him. I also think that capture the flag would be amazing because you could easily make that happen. Everyone could be an assassin or theif or watever but then if someone gets the flag and is running to their base and they are like 2 feet ahead of someone then its impossible for the person 2 feet behind them to catch up. They should make it so that if you have the flag you dont run as fast as you used to and in order to get back you have to go stealth on your way and hide from the other team. I think that would be awsome.

mazorr
07-23-2009, 11:06 AM
i was looking forward to reading when i saw that post but when i cliked on the link and read i was speechless that could be so boring at such a great feature

Serpentskull
07-23-2009, 11:12 AM
well they should atleast have freeroam in it just to mess around with your friends

Serpentskull
07-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Assassin's Creed is an awsome game but i think it could be better with some type of multyplayer. If they haven't already added it to the game and they dont have enough time to i dont mind playing the single player aslong as it has a longer storyline this time but still multyplayer would be awsome

averagejoe620
07-23-2009, 05:01 PM
I think that would only be good if it was used as a split between missions

Serpentskull
07-23-2009, 07:34 PM
I found this site where this guy talks about assassin's creed 2 maybe having multiplayer because at e3 some reporter kept asking about that and all they did was grin and get off that topic and eventually they said they wont release any multiplayer details yet. What do you guys think?

Serpentskull
07-24-2009, 05:20 PM
I've found so many sites talking about DLC and how the dev team is thinking about all the possibilities of MP that can be put into the game such as races and to see who can assassinate the objective first and so on so i think that there will most likely be MP!

KingPebbs
07-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Man I wish you could run around the city with your friends killin' things.

But like said earlier it's better than no online at all and it might be nice to just relax in your house. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif

dotdrew
08-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Here's my two pennies: A CTF mode, where the person with the flag can't use any weapons and just has to run from the persuing players. Think about it. You're running for your life from a person, the moment he's near you, you're boned. It would be so intense. They could also add a mode with an NPC target and the first person to kill him gains a point, then another targer is placed in the game, or several targets and the first to get to a certain amount of points wins.

Come on, get the creative juices flowing.

Azugo
08-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by KingPebbs:
Man I wish you could run around the city with your friends killin' things.

But like said earlier it's better than no online at all and it might be nice to just relax in your house. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif

Yep, that would be so good.

And I agree with you on the second paragraph there.

dilovar1992
04-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by AetosEagle:
Wow, that totally sucks. "hai guise come look at my living room put ur feet up i maek u a refreshments!" That's the message that's going to be spammed over PSN and XBL for the entire AC2 period. Everyone will show off and parade around when it honestly isn't doing any good. Why Game Developers!? Why!?

Murcuseo
04-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Holy thread resurrection Batman!