PDA

View Full Version : Throw Bombs, Head Key???

iN3krO
06-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Well people, i would like to know what you think about using the head's key to throw bombs instead of using the bombs like how it has been since ac2 (chosing from weapons menus)...

What does "Throwing Bombs" has to do with the "Head"?...

crash3
06-01-2011, 09:25 AM
hey dan, im easy on whatever button they choose for throwing bombs, i just like the new gameplay move, itll be more realistic, i was amazed ezio didnt choke after throwing smoke bombs at his feet (as cool as that move was)

however i would liketo see some kind of aiming mechanism for throwing bombs and knives and shooting crossbow bolts, bullets and poison darts instead of the lock on system that garantees a hit

GunnarGunderson
06-01-2011, 09:36 AM
by this point they've kind of abandoned the puppeteer concept

iN3krO
06-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
hey dan, im easy on whatever button they choose for throwing bombs, i just like the new gameplay move, itll be more realistic, i was amazed ezio didnt choke after throwing smoke bombs at his feet (as cool as that move was)

however i would liketo see some kind of aiming mechanism for throwing bombs and knives and shooting crossbow bolts, bullets and poison darts instead of the lock on system that garantees a hit

I disagree about the aiming mechanism...

What i'm saying is what BradKinn said.. they have abandoned the puppeteer concept when it's one of the most original things i've seen in the whole series...

JonnyQuickShot
06-01-2011, 09:54 AM
The controls were the most original? Not going back in time using DNA? Not jumping off of tall buildings into stacks of hay? Not stabbing people with a wrist mounted blade?

iN3krO
06-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
The controls were the most original? Not going back in time using DNA? Not jumping off of tall buildings into stacks of hay? Not stabbing people with a wrist mounted blade?

Have you ever seen a game that said:

This button is for head, this for armed hand, this for free hand and this for foot?

Going back using DNA is story things.

Jumping off of tall buildings is a "myth" called Leap of Faith (which i don't believe ppl used to do it)...

In the gameplay features, FOR ME, the controls was what i've loved the most... (hate prince of percia controls LOLOL)... i mean, i think it's the first game that have many things to do with the same key (besides to sport games like pes)

Gasketfuse
06-01-2011, 06:16 PM
And if bombs are taking up our head key, how will we use Eagle Vision/Sense? With our feet?!

kriegerdesgottes
06-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah I have to admit it concerns me that they are messing with the controls because I really like them the way they are and I especially liked the way in Brotherhood you could choose what buttons did what. Maybe they will surprise us and it won't make any big difference but one of my favorite things about AC are the controls and I don't really like or see why they are making the triangle in my case for bombs. Like someone said, how do I use eagle vision then? or can I still whistle for my horse then? I don't see why they didn't just use the old method of throwing bombs. I do like that you can craft different bombs though I'm just worried about them messing with the controls that I already think are great.

CRUDFACE
06-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Yeah I have to admit it concerns me that they are messing with the controls because I really like them the way they are and I especially liked the way in Brotherhood you could choose what buttons did what. Maybe they will surprise us and it won't make any big difference but one of my favorite things about AC are the controls and I don't really like or see why they are making the triangle in my case for bombs. Like someone said, how do I use eagle vision then? or can I still whistle for my horse then? I don't see why they didn't just use the old method of throwing bombs. I do like that you can craft different bombs though I'm just worried about them messing with the controls that I already think are great.

It's not that bad, and it flows with combat way easier, the puppeteer concept is still partially there. It doesn't involve Eagle sense since it was changed in AC2 to be hold down Y/X to be used. It's jsut a simple tap which will probably correspond to the lock on target. Like this over selecting it in the menu, and it'll flow when in use.

kriegerdesgottes
06-01-2011, 08:25 PM
That's kind of what I'm hoping but then there is also the issue of why the O button is now for the hook. I guess it's to make it work faster than having to go through the wheel but can I still push past people? Does that button still pick up/drop weapons?

CRUDFACE
06-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
That's kind of what I'm hoping but then there is also the issue of why the O button is now for the hook. I guess it's to make it work faster than having to go through the wheel but can I still push past people? Does that button still pick up/drop weapons?

Easy, it'll change when in combat or close to a zipline. Hold it down when outisde of combat to push people out of the way.

AMuppetMatt
06-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Low profile: Gentle push (Although it's not gentle any more... compare it to AC1 it's like some sort of molestation shove http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif _

High profile: In combat=grabbing guards
Out of combat = Tackle
Out of combat near Zipline= Use zipline

I'd imagine It'll be like that ^