PDA

View Full Version : Skins question

btasm
03-22-2011, 05:43 AM
New to this, so perhaps there is an obvious answer but. . .
I've noticed in quick missions (using 1946) that aircraft will retain the same nationality as the prior mission even though I've changed the planes. For example, after flying an I-16 over Smolensk, after changing to a later P51D and moving the location to Normandy, the P51 has Soviet textures instead of US insignia and invasion stripes.The same can be true for the ai aircraft.

This does go away after several switches, but is this common or am I messing something up?

Stiletto-
03-22-2011, 06:01 AM
Yes this is normal. It will always keep your last selection, meaning you manually have to change the nationality selection from Russian to USA or British, etc.

Alot of planes were flown by multiple countries, some by 3 or more nationalities, some on both sides of the war or more and there is no way the program is going to know that just because you pick the normandy map instead of the smolensk map that it should change the nationality assignment from Russia to US Army.

btasm
03-22-2011, 09:42 AM
How do you change nationality for a quick mission? I see an Axis/Allies option but not nationality. Thanks.

Boosher
03-22-2011, 10:42 AM
At the end of each aircraft selection line in the QMB there should be a gray circular button. If you click that button it will allow you to customize each aircraft on that line in the quick mission.

btasm
03-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Never noticed that. Will give it a try. Thanks.