PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry - While You Wait

CaptainDEEZ
06-12-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm sure we're all getting hyped up with the news about Far Cry 3. But we've got around a year before the game actually comes out.

Does anybody plan on going back to any previous Far Cry games while they wait on FC3?

I have Far Cry 2 on ps3
or Far Cry Instincts/Predator on 360. (haven't played this one yet)
Anybody game?

LostGunner
06-12-2011, 11:10 AM
FC2 on the PC, have not got off it since it was first put on the shelves. ( well I don't mean 24/7 but close. )

I'm just a single player and a sniper as much as I can. No run and gun for me. Love to take my time.
No one to bother me playing as my Lady friend likes to kick FC2 mercs a$$ and does a real good job of it on a seperate computer game of her own.

Sometimes hard to get a meal around here though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

UNSCGENERALS
06-12-2011, 12:15 PM
yes i am playing farcry ip story all the way right now

DapperHayden007
06-12-2011, 12:36 PM
As always until FC3 I will be making maps on FC2 on the XBOX and 1 Or 2 on the PS3, not stopped yet!

Martythemerc
06-12-2011, 12:58 PM
I always have a Far Cry 2 game going - it's really amazing that I never really play the next time the same as the last even if I wanted to - different methodology each time. I'm also filling the gap with a little LA Noir, Alan Wake (fantastic graphics there, although it's linear as well), and 3rd time hanging with RDR.

dmax1315
06-12-2011, 01:46 PM
I have both FC and FC2 on my PC and play from time to time. There are no new FPSs at mom which I like.

Ilovepho
06-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Probably I'll play FC2 again on my PS3. Got it day 1 and I'm not tired of it yet (of course I take breaks).

This is the ONLY FPS I like atm. There are many FPS coming out this year: MW3, Battlefield, Rage, KZ3 ... but none of these interest me. maybe I'll get Rage to kill time but I'm not sure if I get it or not. I like the open world but I hate the gray/brown and the lack of trees, foliage in that game.

Leadstorm76
06-12-2011, 03:31 PM
I have a really cool map called sponza temple of the sun coming wich shows power of old cryengine 2 . I may rename it as sponza exzotica will see , almost done its a benchmark of any map ive done so far it was supposed to be for a compitiion but didnt finish it.

IceT-Bag
06-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Any 'old school' FC1 players (PC platform) who fancy re-living their past may want to look into trying out the unofficial 1.6 patch for Multiplayer.

http://www.farcrypatch16.de/

You may also want to install Cliveys Dynamic Patch Loader (gives you the option to launch different versions of FC).

Some of you may remember the v1.4 patch introduced unforeseen problems in the SP game, plus some people didnt like the MP changes so prefer to play v1.33 - Cliveys launcher will let you do all that without requiring multiple installations of FC.

Mr Cataluchi
06-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Far Cry 2 is the default disc I keep in my X-Box 360. The problem is that hardly anyone seems to play multiplayer anymore on weekdays. I'm sure there are people in the map making community who play -- but I'm still trying to work towards my achievements (Warlord and Soldier of Misfortune). I can only get those points if I'm in Ranked. And I refuse to boost, so I'm screwed.

I hope interest in the series will pick up since they announced FC3, so more people will be playing Ranked. (And all of you map makers can bring your nice new maps over if you know how to...Just make sure that they are easy maps to get multikills on!)

curtmantle
06-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Far Cry 2 is my favourite game of all time and I still play it regularly. Never get bored: I even like the travelling between locations that a lot of people didn't like about the game (I understand why people didn't like that though).

How can setting 9 landmines to blow up a convoy and watching the massive explosion from a safe vantage point ever get boring?

Can't wait for FC3 but there's plenty of enjoyment still to be had from FC2. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CaptainDEEZ
06-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Ilovepho
I feel the same way as you about Far Cry 2. It's the best FPS that I've played to last the test of time. Before that, there was only Goldeneye007.

Once I get my new ps3, I'll see you all on FC2.

CaptainDEEZ
07-04-2011, 06:18 PM
The perfect thing to do while waiting on Far Cry 3...
...have another Far Cry 2 mapping contest of course.
This will be the Far Cry 2 OWAB (Out with a Bang) contest. Available on ALL platforms.

More info here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1037696/m/7761068439 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3171037696/m/7761068439)

SICKSIX6_IOWA
07-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Lately we've been getting some good games of FC:IP on the 360. Rooms of 8 or more anyway, and for that old game that's a pretty good number. I'd be up for FC2 on the 360 as well. I'm an Xbox only player by the way. If anyone wants to get some games of Pred or FC2 just hit me up. My gamertag is SICKSIX6. I'm usually around in the afternoons and early evenings. Those are games I'll probably never get rid of even when FC3 comes out. I get too nostalgic for those age old maps, just gotta play em! So yeah, I'll be around to kill some time til FC3 graces our consoles.

SICK

Poetic03
07-05-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm addicted to Far Cry 2 right now, been playing it none stop since 3s announcement - both single and multiplayer.

spinetooth
07-05-2011, 06:48 PM
i very recently stopped playing far cry 2, and i can't enjoy far cry 1 as much as I used to. So, probably not.

Poetic03
07-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Yeah I tried to go back and play Far Cry Predator instincts, but it felt too dated.

InsanityPlea95
07-13-2011, 12:17 PM
all i know is spring 2012 so less than a year about 6 months give or take

xIxNxSxAxNxEx
07-19-2011, 11:57 PM
I am excited about FC3 but there is really no reason to go crazy about. I like how the mechanics work in FC2. I usually like to sneak around without sniping too much. (Its more of a challenge and sniping all the time gets boring FAST) I either use a silences pistol or the machete. Its fun to banzai charge people in that game! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

jealousofme
07-20-2011, 08:44 PM
I want to buy either Fc2 or FC:IP for the 360 but I just wanted to know is the online community still strong with either of these games before I make a purchase? Please let me know and add me if you so choose on the 360 Faintestidea is my GT

neokinesis
07-20-2011, 09:06 PM
It really depends on which system and what time zone you are in. 360 FC2 still have enough players to get a game going, but its hard to fill a room if you aren't a known mapper and want to host something you made. If you are just looking for games on regular Ubisoft maps you should be good to go. 360 or PS3

DapperHayden007
07-20-2011, 09:06 PM
@jealousofme

The Xbox360 side is still quite strong. + if you didn't know FC2 has a great map editor. As seen on the FC2 Map Community page http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif FC2 Is the right way to go. If you want to know info on FC2 my gamertag is "DapperHayden007" :P

jealousofme
07-21-2011, 05:23 AM
I know absolutely nothing about map making, let alone each game. I just didn't want to spend money to find out that online died months or years ago. I can learn the map making part in time, i just wanted to add people that play. So it looks like fc2 is the better option it seems?

jealousofme
07-21-2011, 05:31 AM
And I don't know where this map community page is

jealousofme
07-22-2011, 06:38 AM
Tried adding u dapper, said was full so sent a text. And this place isn't very active is it?