PDA

View Full Version : Back for more SH3 goodness

khrushchev75
07-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Hi. I got SH3 when it was released and played it for many, many hours. I then sold my computer to concentrate on studies. I have just got a new rig and want to get back into SH3 but find myself lost amongst all the mods that have been released, so what I need is for someone to tell me which mod or mods to put on. I am not very technical so the easier to use the better.

I think I put a mod on for torpedoes or something last time. I have bought the Thats Hot version of SH3 (budget) and I think that it is patched to 1.4b or something, so are there any other patches, community or official, that I have to put on. I know there are topics covering this but I am a bit lost amongst the posts and threads and would appreciate the help.

If that is not acceptable then I'll say sorry now and wait for thread lockage!

Cheers.

hetsar
07-26-2007, 01:30 AM
hi can you tell me how to get an embelm on your u boat on sh3? thanks hetsar

khrushchev75
07-26-2007, 01:38 AM
ok.

hetsar
07-26-2007, 01:40 AM
thanks so how do you do it

VikingGrandad
07-26-2007, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by khrushchev75:
...so what I need is for someone to tell me which mod or mods to put on.

Well, that's kinda hard when there are so many mods that affect the game in many different ways. What aspects of the stock SH3 game are you wanting to change? Graphics? Extra ship/aircraft models? Skins? Sounds? AI behaviour? Game interface?

Take a look through some of the mod website links in the 'SH3 - Community Manual, tools, mods & online teams' sticky thread in this forum - you should start to get some ideas of what mods are available and which you'd like to try.

I am not very technical so the easier to use the better.

Very few mods come with their own installer software, so I recommend getting to grips with JSGME, which is a tool to help you manage your mods.

There is a link to download JSGME in the 'SH3 - Community Manual, tools, mods & online teams' sticky. It's worthwhile reading the instructions so that you understand how it works, but if you get stuck there is some advice available in the SH3 Community Help forum, in the 'SH3 - Problems and solutions list' sticky thread.

One mod that does have its own installer is GWX (a supermod that combines many different mods) - that might be a good starting point for you.

I have bought the Thats Hot version of SH3 (budget) and I think that it is patched to 1.4b or something, so are there any other patches, community or official, that I have to put on. I know there are topics covering this but I am a bit lost amongst the posts and threads and would appreciate the help.

Check the 'NEW TO SH3? Patch guide' in the SH3 Community Help forum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AbleMaster
07-26-2007, 05:46 AM
Hi VikingGrandad has covered it very well, i myself have WAC and GWX loaded which are both great mods and enhance SH3, i guess you could say they are the super mods and are used by most players, check subsim.com out for downloads, and as has been said already JSGME is a must as is sh3commander, have fun, and welcome back to sh3.

khrushchev75
07-26-2007, 05:51 AM
Thanks for your responses. I'll certainly check out the mods you mentioned.