PDA

View Full Version : Once upon a time in the ready room.

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 02:56 PM
People talked about features they would like to see in a sim, either Il2 or the successors.

Here's one idea I had that I posted a few years back, and that Extreme one's post in the GD reminded me of.

He asked if it was possible to have pics after photo reconnaissance missions. Well that reminded me of my idea that would be to have some photo recon missions in FB. You would fly whatever plane they used for fot recon (Hmmm@ photo recon Mustang I or Spitfires for instance). Then you would fly your mission and run the pic equipment yourself.

Within the virtual war, photo recons would be carried out regularly, and your understanding on the front would not be immediate like you know everything, but it would represent some part of info coming from infantry units, other types of recon and so on, but also from your own recon work if you do any. Playing a campaign as a squad leader you would have to carry out many recon missions in order to keep your map updated. You'd have to check out for destroyed bridges to make sure they were not rebuilt and so on. It would also be nice to be able to update your briefing after a regular mission if you see something during it. Let's imagine you go fly a CAP mission and you discover an unmarked tank column. Then you would be able to report it, and it would be added on the map, maybe even leading to some missions to take care of it.

Well I think by now you get the idea. Old recon would become outdated as the ennemy may move and so on, and you squad would need to work to know the ennemy's situation.

Oh and what about a fly over ennemy bases to count their plane strenghts? How many bombers and fighters...

Well that's it.

If you managed to read all this you can get rid of your glasses.

Nic

http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/art/authorphoto/cookie.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 02:56 PM
People talked about features they would like to see in a sim, either Il2 or the successors.

Here's one idea I had that I posted a few years back, and that Extreme one's post in the GD reminded me of.

He asked if it was possible to have pics after photo reconnaissance missions. Well that reminded me of my idea that would be to have some photo recon missions in FB. You would fly whatever plane they used for fot recon (Hmmm@ photo recon Mustang I or Spitfires for instance). Then you would fly your mission and run the pic equipment yourself.

Within the virtual war, photo recons would be carried out regularly, and your understanding on the front would not be immediate like you know everything, but it would represent some part of info coming from infantry units, other types of recon and so on, but also from your own recon work if you do any. Playing a campaign as a squad leader you would have to carry out many recon missions in order to keep your map updated. You'd have to check out for destroyed bridges to make sure they were not rebuilt and so on. It would also be nice to be able to update your briefing after a regular mission if you see something during it. Let's imagine you go fly a CAP mission and you discover an unmarked tank column. Then you would be able to report it, and it would be added on the map, maybe even leading to some missions to take care of it.

Well I think by now you get the idea. Old recon would become outdated as the ennemy may move and so on, and you squad would need to work to know the ennemy's situation.

Oh and what about a fly over ennemy bases to count their plane strenghts? How many bombers and fighters...

Well that's it.

If you managed to read all this you can get rid of your glasses.

Nic

http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/art/authorphoto/cookie.jpg