PDA

View Full Version : CH HOTAS setup and other ?s

Trailryder
01-08-2006, 08:11 PM
It's been a while since I played PF. Used a Saitek X52 before. Just got the CH controls.

When trying to get them to work, I go to the HOTAS section in the controls panel and click on the axis and move the stick. It records the movement ok and assigns the axis to the stick/throttle. I don't remember, do I have to "clear" the key commands for using the keyboard to fly with before the HOTAS will work?

Like the Saitek X52s profile manager, Does the CH Manager have to be running in the background for the CH controls to work?

Also can't remember how to clear a button or axis of a key assignment, so that it's blank. ?????????

Is PF supposed to run in OpenGL or DirectX?

At the moment, I can't keep it running long enough without locking up to be able to adjust anything. I'm patched up to 4.02 Stand-alone. I think I had such trouble last time I had this game installed, just took time to troubleshoot.

Trailryder
01-08-2006, 08:11 PM
It's been a while since I played PF. Used a Saitek X52 before. Just got the CH controls.

When trying to get them to work, I go to the HOTAS section in the controls panel and click on the axis and move the stick. It records the movement ok and assigns the axis to the stick/throttle. I don't remember, do I have to "clear" the key commands for using the keyboard to fly with before the HOTAS will work?

Like the Saitek X52s profile manager, Does the CH Manager have to be running in the background for the CH controls to work?

Also can't remember how to clear a button or axis of a key assignment, so that it's blank. ?????????

Is PF supposed to run in OpenGL or DirectX?

At the moment, I can't keep it running long enough without locking up to be able to adjust anything. I'm patched up to 4.02 Stand-alone. I think I had such trouble last time I had this game installed, just took time to troubleshoot.

steve_v
01-08-2006, 08:42 PM
The CH Hangar (http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/) for your specific questions.

Best performance should be gotten in ogl, espically if you want to use the Perfect option.

You should not be having constant lockups. Suggest you start a new thread in Community Help and post your dxdiag there.

Tully__
01-09-2006, 04:25 AM
You don't have to clear the key commands if you plan to use an axis for control. If you plan to use the keys for control, I recommend you clear the axis commands (though it's not required)

To clear a command, assign a key or axis that's already in use for another function, repeat if there were originally two commands assigned, the re-assign the key back to its orignal function. for example to clear the fire machine guns command (default is Enter and Joystick button 1) assign G (landing gear) to fire. You will be prompted for comfirmation as G is already assigned to a different function. Click "Yes". "G" will replace one of the existing assignments.
Repeat the assignment. This time you will not be prompted and G will be the only assignment for machine guns remaining.
Scroll to the Landing Gear command and re-assign the G key there. Again you will be prompted for confirmation, click "Yes". "G" is now landing gear where it started and the Machine Guns command is blank.
A similar procedure applies to clear an axis command.

An alternative approach is to open the settings.ini file found in the ...\Users\{pilot name} folder and delete the key designations there.

WOLFMondo
01-09-2006, 05:52 AM
I started to use Il2sticks with my CH fighter stick and pedals but found it was far easier to change everythink in the conf.ini file in the stick setup to 100 and then use the CH control manager alone to configure all the stick sensitivity and input curve.

Its weird because my pedals show up in the FB config screen as roll and pitch and nothing in that screen will actually do anything to edit any of my controls. To change anything I need to use IL2sticks or the CH manager program.