PDA

View Full Version : Naval Warfare

JohnWaynzGhost
10-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Let me tart by saying I love this game. However I am a bit disappointed that there is no PVP naval engagements. I was really led to believe that there would be at least a couple maps that I could pound on a friend with a nice naval bombardment. I was led into this by videos I watched before the game was released. One in particular really caught my attention and was the one really responsible for my purchasing the game. The Bluff was the title. It showed these two guys sitting at a really cool touch screen table launching all kinds of stuff at each other. Please add some of this kind of content in the future because right now I didn't really get what I expected. Overall though the game is a gem. Thanx in advance, and probably in vein, your loyal fan, JohnWaynzGhost xb360, ps3, pc gamer.

InfiniteStates
10-12-2010, 03:49 PM
LOL you're not the first guy to moan about a lack of "promised" naval combat... Do people not check out about a game before investing 40?

Marketing departments love people like this. I hope you enjoy the game anyway dude - it's great with or without naval combat.

fattoler
10-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Just play hearts of iron if you wanted a game of grand strategy with ships and all the works.

angus725
10-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by fattoler:
Just play hearts of iron if you wanted a game of grand strategy with ships and all the works.

Jutland, navyfield, and battlestations series all based around naval warfare before and during WWII...

fattoler
10-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Yes I know but our dear friend Mr Wayne here wanted grand strategy, and it doesn't get any grander than conquering the whole of the USA... AS MEXICO... In 1940!!!

angus725
10-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by fattoler:
Yes I know but our dear friend Mr Wayne here wanted grand strategy, and it doesn't get any grander than conquering the whole of the USA... AS MEXICO... In 1940!!!

Mmmm, taking over France with China in EU3 is also quite challenging, but fun.

Brenbed
10-14-2010, 02:27 AM
Yeah it would have been SWEET to have Naval combat especially since Naval Support was used in the Demo...LOL...I actually thought there was Naval Support back when I first played the Demo since it was used to help the units take the beach.

Naval support is also used in the Campaign on one of the Missions where you have to take another beach and defend it

I almost feel as if they are Teasing us about it

LOL...but I still love this game..It is still a very Beautiful game no matter what..it's my Fav http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The only bad thing is that my Productivity has gone down like crazy since I started playing it...I spend all my off days (getting nothing else done) Playing RUSE....

Conpen
10-23-2010, 03:26 PM
I had a great idea last night while playing Ruse. If there is a sequel, it'll be in the pacific theatre. So navy units will have to be used. To start, you build a navy base on the edge of the water. You will then be able to build different classes of ships (Battleship, Destroyer, Patrol Boat, Cruiser, Submarine, etc.). The larger boats with artillery support will cost in excess of $150.

Submarines can only be detected by other submarines and some class of surface ship (I forgot what it is though...). They can only stay under for a set period before they have to recharge their batteries with their deisel engines. During this time, they can be attacked by all naval units and maybe by fighter-bombers. There might be a nuclear sub available if a research station is also present.

Aircraft carriers can carry a set amount of aircraft. They can't build them, you have to build them on land then send them to the carrier (Maybe they should be able to produce aircarft, i'm not sure.) Bomber's can't land on Carriers.

Maybe some light patrol boats might be able to navigate rivers and such where it is shallow.

Fighter bombers here might have to actually be torpedo-bombers, such as the Swordfish and the Beufighter.

Supply boats can land troops and tanks on beaches. They might also be used as some type of supply depots or something, i'm not entirely sure about it.

I really hope you devs can do this if you are making a sequel. I LOVE Ruse, and hope there will a continuation of the series.(Don't act skeptical, they made a Hawx 2! and the first wasn't even that good or anything.)

fattoler
10-23-2010, 06:58 PM
It would be cool If you could do a little fighting in Burma with the 7th Army as well as the war in China...

futureg1
11-02-2010, 09:57 PM
i completely agree and i also believe that a higher variety of infantry should be added such as snipers, mortar teams, mg squads, engineers, ang others. I also think that each unit should have a unique ability. for example, artillery could have an artillery barrage where a big circle appears on the map and if you select that area that artillery piece will fire shells in that general area. Another thing, if any of you have played halo wars then you know about the air strike. i think that our bomber's special ability should be to carpet bomb an area in any direction. these are only a few examples. another idea would be for Ubisoft to make a modern ruse. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

InfiniteStates
11-03-2010, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by futureg1:
...i think that our bomber's special ability should be to carpet bomb an area in any direction.
You already can - I routinely carpet bomb a line of 3 or more buildings in a row. You just have to group your bombers along the start line then send them at a target in the middle of the strike zone.

Warforger
11-12-2010, 03:50 PM
I have an idea for RUSE 2; not WWII.... Its an overused subject especially in video games, take CoD, it explored the depths of it until it just went to modern war then back again then back out again.

I say make a war where strategy and tactics were used heavily, like Iraq-Iran war, Six Day War, WWI etc. instead of staying in WWII.

DrumR0ll
11-13-2010, 04:55 AM
I personally would not be able to stand a pacific theatre. I am so BORED of hearing about it, let alone playing it.

I think a futuristic style future would be a good setting. not the hover car future but the grim world coming down around your ears kind of future, get what I mean?

quadzilla357
11-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Conpen:
I had a great idea last night while playing Ruse. If there is a sequel, it'll be in the pacific theatre. So navy units will have to be used. To start, you build a navy base on the edge of the water. You will then be able to build different classes of ships (Battleship, Destroyer, Patrol Boat, Cruiser, Submarine, etc.). The larger boats with artillery support will cost in excess of $150.

Submarines can only be detected by other submarines and some class of surface ship (I forgot what it is though...)from past games iv played destoryers or crusiers have underwater bombs called death chrages to destory subs. They can only stay under for a set period before they have to recharge their batteries with their deisel engines. During this time, they can be attacked by all naval units and maybe by fighter-bombers. There might be a nuclear sub available if a research station is also present.

Aircraft carriers can carry a set amount of aircraft. They can't build them, you have to build them on land then send them to the carrier (Maybe they should be able to produce aircarft, i'm not sure.) Bomber's can't land on Carriers.

Maybe some light patrol boats might be able to navigate rivers and such where it is shallow.

Fighter bombers here might have to actually be torpedo-bombers, such as the Swordfish and the Beufighter.

Supply boats can land troops and tanks on beaches. They might also be used as some type of supply depots or something, i'm not entirely sure about it.

I really hope you devs can do this if you are making a sequel. I LOVE Ruse, and hope there will a continuation of the series.(Don't act skeptical, they made a Hawx 2! and the first wasn't even that good or anything.)