PDA

View Full Version : The Official organizaiton of the Assassin and Templar groups?

Jexx21
10-18-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm wondering, when did the two groups officially organize into a group with a leader and Grandmaster according to the game's canon?

It is never explained in the games, but we do know that there were Assassins dating back to the first century B.C.E.

I have a small feeling that the two groups never really organized themselves until the Crusades. But that theory also seems odd, since people have been gathering in groups since the dawn of actual civilization.

I hope the encyclopedia will delve on this.

Krayus Korianis
10-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Possibly it will, but didn't we see that Brutus was an Assassin? That was like 44 B.C.

Sarari
10-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Wow, this is actually a very interesting topic. The Templars did seem very well organized during the crusaders.

They probably did have Templar groups in the first century B.C.E. but weren't very organized, which led them to no success.....maybe. I was just kinda guessing on the success part haha.

BK-110
10-18-2011, 08:20 PM
I think the oldest known Assassin is the Persian Assassin Darius, who assassinated King Xerxes in 465 BC (or 456, the Wikia has two articles that mention different years). And he has the Assassin logo on his sash...

Sarari
10-18-2011, 08:24 PM
I wonder how it would've been to be an assassin long before organization and strategy was ever really involved in peoples lives.

They were probably like "Kill the king, and get the hell outta there." hahahahahaha

Jexx21
10-18-2011, 09:14 PM
No nononoono

I know the Assassins and Templars both went way back into the first century BC, as I said before.

I mean I wonder when they became an official organized group. I don't think that either the Assassins or the Templars were full organized groups at the time of Darius or even Brutus.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Maybe the Templars were some what organized but the Assassins highly likely they werent. AC:B serves as an example, the Assassins were rarely in touch with each until Machiavelli organized the pigeon coops.

Jexx21
10-18-2011, 09:20 PM
I think the only time they became a fully organized group was in the Crusades when they occupied Masyaf and Alamut.

And then they split up again across the world.

I think the Crusades were the times when both the Templars and the Assassins were the most organized aside from the modern times.

Calvarok
10-18-2011, 10:19 PM
The Templar and Assassin factions probably originated within the TWCB themselves, since it seems like most TWCB originally embraced the Templar ideal of perfect control. Humans alligned themselves with the Assassin ideolegy when Adam and Eve broke their control, but some may have defected, or changed their minds after the war.

Either way, Templars and Assassins existed long before recorded history.

LightRey
10-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
The Templar and Assassin factions probably originated within the TWCB themselves, since it seems like most TWCB originally embraced the Templar ideal of perfect control. Humans alligned themselves with the Assassin ideolegy when Adam and Eve broke their control, but some may have defected, or changed their minds after the war.

Either way, Templars and Assassins existed long before recorded history.
I'm not so sure about that. Both groups seem to have points of view that appear to have originated from the human perspective, not that of TWCB.

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 05:14 AM
Oh my god.

I don't mean when they first became groups. I mean I wonder when they became strongly organized groups.

Sarari
10-19-2011, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Oh my god.

I don't mean when they first became groups. I mean I wonder when they became strongly organized groups.
LOL it's so funny how people are misunderstanding this whole thread, including me....at first.

I guess you can say that they became an official group during the crusades. But the problem is, we don't have any history with the game before the crusades. Besides the Truth video but that doesn't really explain much.

InfectedNation
10-19-2011, 06:24 AM
I think that the "templars" were probably dormant and unorganized from the "disaster" that crushed the Humans + TWCB until the discovery of an artifact in Temple Mount/Holy land in general - and at this point they infiltrated or formed the knights templar, to protect the christians on their pilgrims, but in secret, to find this artifact (the apple).

I'm probably very wrong though.

dxsxhxcx
10-19-2011, 06:47 AM
since both orders are based on real orders I would say they started as an "official" organization in the date they were created in the real world..

Hassassin/Assassins: 1080
Templar Order: 1119

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Yea, that's what I'd think.

I mean, Darius was the maker of the hidden blade, but there is no confirmation that the Assassins used it as their official weapon until the creation of the Hashashins.

I mean, it looks like the other BC Assassins didn't use it very often, if at all.

LightRey
10-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Yea, that's what I'd think.

I mean, Darius was the maker of the hidden blade, but there is no confirmation that the Assassins used it as their official weapon until the creation of the Hashashins.

I mean, it looks like the other BC Assassins didn't use it very often, if at all.
Where does it say Darius was the creator? Wasn't he just the first one to use one (historically)? I don't think there's any mention of him being its actual creator. I mean, William of Orange was the first person to be assassinated with a gun (historically) and his killer (Balthasar Gerards) wasn't the inventor of the gun, nor was it probably the actual first assassination with a gun, just the first one that we know of.

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 02:10 PM
err.. does it really matter?

LightRey
10-19-2011, 02:14 PM
err.. does it really matter?
Of course it does. D:
It's the defining weapon of the Assassins. I'd like to know when and how they first came up with it.

Sarari
10-19-2011, 02:34 PM
**SPOILER**

Altair created the hidden gun and Abbas was the very first person to be killed by it.

LightRey
10-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
**SPOILER**

Altair created the hidden gun and Abbas was the very first person to be killed by it.
Indeed, but we're talking about the hidden blade here. :P
That does mean however that in the AC universe the first assassination with a gun was that very one, and considering what Ezio's done before William of Orange's death (in 1584), his assassination wasn't even near the first one.