PDA

View Full Version : Regarding in game 'assassination' cut scene

Num3n
01-31-2007, 09:21 PM
while watching the demo at e3 i noticed that the assassination was sort of a pre written script.. sort of like in gears of war when you chainsaw someone, it is a pre writen movement of actions.. in gears it looks great, in assassins creed it looked absolutely stupid...

does anyone agree with me, that when altair (i think his name is) assassinates that guy (when he stabbed him in the neck) it looked completely fake and not next gen at al??

The_Sphinx
02-01-2007, 02:14 AM
It was the first gameplay trailer ever, give it a break..

There are other things in that trailer that aren't too good (the clipping, for instance. Especially during the climbing) but I'm sure it will be taken care of in the final build.

Asmodai1988
02-01-2007, 07:48 AM
I think Num3n is right about that assasination(it doesn't look so cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif and I also agree with Adnocana that it will be taken care of. But I didn't spot any defects during the climbing???

balmazer
02-01-2007, 09:26 AM
you do realize that most/all of that video was CG and not in-game

princeofyo
02-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by balmazer:

What are you talking about? All of it was in-game...

And the part where Altair stabbed his target didn't look stupid. It looked pretty good.

The_Sphinx
02-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Asmodai1988:
I think Num3n is right about that assasination(it doesn't look so cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif and I also agree with Adnocana that it will be taken care of. But I didn't spot any defects during the climbing???

After the fight with the guards, Altair leaps towards a wall where his hands clip right through the wooden beam.

That's all I noticed though. I'm talking about the X06 trailer by the way.

sweetlou280
02-01-2007, 10:23 PM
the only thing that didn't look good about the assassination was the weird red lines that came from the area that was being stabbed, and the freeze frame thing when the blade is in his neck, besides that i think it looked fine.

WildDog9
02-02-2007, 12:59 AM
I have no problem with it, but it can be improved.

randolfphe
02-02-2007, 05:19 AM
if by stupid you mean highly stylized and juvenile? then yes, i agree. it's sort of hard to believe this guy's a highly skilled assassin when he does novelty acrobatic moves like that to achieve a kill otherwise accomplished by a simple action. the kill moves look really really stupid and embarrassing to watch

noobfun
02-02-2007, 01:03 PM
it's sort of hard to believe this guy's a highly skilled assassin when he does novelty acrobatic moves like that to achieve a kill otherwise accomplished by a simple action. the kill moves look really really stupid and embarrassing to watch

novelty acrobatic moves?? which simple action?

he kicks the guy in the back of the knee dropping him to both knee's (prevents the target struggaling or trying to escape) the forces the blade down through the neck severing the spinal column meaning his heart and lungs stop working,

also with the blade attached to his wrist his options are limited to how he can strike the enemy

what would you suggest? stab through the rib cage between the 3rd and 4th rib to hit the lungs and heart? his armour may turn the blow or you could strike the rib its self

he struck an unarmoured area in a way that ensures an clean kill so erm.... yeah like a master assasin would

Lhorkan
02-02-2007, 01:58 PM
It's a WIP, it'll be improved.

I hope. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Num3n
02-03-2007, 08:11 PM
ok sry maybe i didnt make myself clear, i meant that when Altair assassinated that guy, the guards just stood and watched... quite litterally..

i hate to use gears of war as an example again, but using gears of war: when you chainsaw someone no one can do anything so they just sit and watch... this is completely unrealistic and takes away horribly from gameplay..

i noticed the same thing with the assassination, he stabs the guy then it does some dumb little pre formated stab motion.. and in that time, the guards just stand there like lemmings... then a few seconds later they react..

WildDog9
02-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Oh my god, not having people attack you while you put a spike in a guys head makes life a lot HARDER. Noooo!

Lhorkan
02-04-2007, 03:16 AM
Numen, it's a WIP. It's being worked on. Jade Raymond said it herself in the beginning of the clip; sometimes it seems that it's really better not to release any early vids because you always get this. -.-

noobfun
02-04-2007, 04:59 AM
ahh you mean the 1-2 seconds when the guards finished drawing thier swords and fanned around behind you rather then just jumping in and trying to cut you to ribbons

ive heard in interviews that the few seconds of the kill are what connects the player to thier target as people so drawing out the split second moment is a way of doing that

theres also somthing about thier last words on thier dying breath advancing the story line uncovering the consipracy and conspirators so you need to be around long enough to hear it despite the fact you just severed his spinal column and he cant do anything other then blink if he didnt die outright

princeofyo
02-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Num3n:
ok sry maybe i didnt make myself clear, i meant that when Altair assassinated that guy, the guards just stood and watched... quite litterally..

i hate to use gears of war as an example again, but using gears of war: when you chainsaw someone no one can do anything so they just sit and watch... this is completely unrealistic and takes away horribly from gameplay..

i noticed the same thing with the assassination, he stabs the guy then it does some dumb little pre formated stab motion.. and in that time, the guards just stand there like lemmings... then a few seconds later they react..

Didn't I already answer this in another thread? Anyway, since you can only take one hit, and if the guards attacked you while you were in the middle of assassination then it would be basically impossible to beat the game....

Besides, get over it, it's the smallest detail. It's not going to ruin the game...

noobfun
02-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by princeofyo:

Anyway, since you can only take one hit, and if the guards attacked you while you were in the middle of assassination then it would be basically impossible to beat the game....

why do people keep saying this? its not a sniper film 1 hit 1 kill. all that was said is its more realistic (so not 1 hit 1 kill then) then other games that allow you to get hit time and time again e.g. sword to the head will kill you sword to the foot wont kill you

princeofyo
02-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by noobfun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by princeofyo:

Anyway, since you can only take one hit, and if the guards attacked you while you were in the middle of assassination then it would be basically impossible to beat the game....

why do people keep saying this? its not a sniper film 1 hit 1 kill. all that was said is its more realistic (so not 1 hit 1 kill then) then other games that allow you to get hit time and time again e.g. sword to the head will kill you sword to the foot wont kill you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O yea, because a guard will attack Altair's foot instead of his head or body... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

If you've scene the demo, you'd have noticed that the guards swing their swords towards Altairs body, which would kill him instantly. Not at his feet...

I hate it when people nitpick at a video game...I think it's much better that the guards don't attack instantly for two reasons. One, the killing of the target is supposed to be emotional. If a guard attacks during that time it sort of ruins it. The second reason is what I explained earlier: Altair could get killed intstantly, but if he managed to block it would destroy his chance of escape since the guards would have time to surround him. Altair should at least be given a greater chance for escape....

xasspenx
02-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Guess what! Maybe they're fixing this problem!!! SO chill out people...they delayed the release of this game for a reason. Maybe this reason...

SpyderNynja
02-04-2007, 10:34 AM
someone should close these nitpicking threads, they're numerous and equally pointless since they all lead to everyone saying the same thing restated by another user just in different words as not to seem redundant.

'Nuff said

WildDog9
02-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Opinionated topics are allowed, Swiftslasher, and it arousing discussion. Why close such a good topic?

xasspenx
02-04-2007, 03:53 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

SpyderNynja
02-04-2007, 09:26 PM
it was good at first, til the nitpickiness http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ok we're http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif

it doesnt bother me that the animation is scripted, it looks cool.

sweetlou280
02-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Ok first thing, how would you controll that motion...(360 controlls) A-to kick his legs out, B to grab him, B push him down, X to stab him, B to lay him down, B to close his eyes...button mashing wouldn;t suit this game. It could use some work, but it looks fine. How else would you kill someone from behind...? Run up the wall, do a backflip, land in front of him and stab him in the face. It works for the game.

Lhorkan
02-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by sweetlou280:
Ok first thing, how would you controll that motion...(360 controlls) A-to kick his legs out, B to grab him, B push him down, X to stab him, B to lay him down, B to close his eyes...button mashing wouldn;t suit this game.

More probably, it's A to activate the whole move. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

noobfun
02-05-2007, 10:20 AM
the kill has to have some scripting theres only so many ways to bypass an armoured targets defences for a fast kill,

theres a good chance the throat is protected usually a plate mounted on the left breast of plate armour so attacking the throat may not work, going for the spine from above or through the arm pit are the easiest ways

the same with the general combat block then step through thier defence and counter at a weak area

if you think its embarrasing to watch then go back to watching you highly realistic films (s******)

AltairKatzimo
02-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by noobfun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it's sort of hard to believe this guy's a highly skilled assassin when he does novelty acrobatic moves like that to achieve a kill otherwise accomplished by a simple action. the kill moves look really really stupid and embarrassing to watch

I completely agree with " noobfun " . just the kill itself seems so professional! I cant really see why most of you are so negative about the game !

novelty acrobatic moves?? which simple action?

he kicks the guy in the back of the knee dropping him to both knee's (prevents the target struggaling or trying to escape) the forces the blade down through the neck severing the spinal column meaning his heart and lungs stop working,

also with the blade attached to his wrist his options are limited to how he can strike the enemy

what would you suggest? stab through the rib cage between the 3rd and 4th rib to hit the lungs and heart? his armour may turn the blow or you could strike the rib its self

he struck an unarmoured area in a way that ensures an clean kill so erm.... yeah like a master assasin would </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

likeitsme
02-10-2007, 08:39 PM
What are you guys talking about?!

I was positively orgas... drooling when I saw that assassination! It was amazing and it was really cool!

I mean, sure, it's stylised and unrealistic, whaddya expect http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I'd rather have that than have something totally realistic and unbelievably boring.

Benja69
02-11-2007, 12:18 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

NecroNetics
02-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I think if the assassinations are scripted, then they'll be more than one animation, but it would be pretty cool to combo the buttons making your own unique assassination. And about the guard thing, remember that they didn't even see Altair coming, so how could they jump the gun that quick? I know if I was one of the guards, I'd freeze up for a sec to regain myself, and then get ready.

zoozilla
02-11-2007, 02:08 PM
What if it was like PoP:The Two Thrones, where you have to hit certain buttons at the correct time to successfully make a stealth kill?

The_Sphinx
02-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by zoozilla:
What if it was like PoP:The Two Thrones, where you have to hit certain buttons at the correct time to successfully make a stealth kill?

Good point, but since you can't rewind time like in PoP you're screwed if you don't push the button on time.
That would make the trial & error pretty horrible in my opinion.

quicksilver_502
02-12-2007, 08:48 AM
the sequence was ok but altair should yell "you just got owned" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

RetiredHatch
02-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Adnocana:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zoozilla:

Good point, but since you can't rewind time like in PoP you're screwed if you don't push the button on time.
That would make the trial & error pretty horrible in my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly don' like that idea at all (timed button pushes to shove your sword into a guys neck doesn't seem very ehh...) but if it did happen i'd imagine it'd be alot more lenient then prince of persia just because you don' have the rewind time thing like you said

OH_DragonBoy
02-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by princeofyo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by balmazer:

And the part where Altair stabbed his target didn't look stupid. It looked pretty good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It looked full of itself. The direction was hardly good enough - just flashes? Come on, all this build up and that's all I freaking get?
Come on...

Now, I'd have done it zooming in from a distance with big, epic music gradually building up. Drums, male-voice choir...That sort of thing.

But that's just me. Me, being, someone who plays WAY TOO MUCH God of War.

The_Sphinx
02-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by OH_DragonBoy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by princeofyo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by balmazer:

And the part where Altair stabbed his target didn't look stupid. It looked pretty good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It looked full of itself. The direction was hardly good enough - just flashes? Come on, all this build up and that's all I freaking get?
Come on...

Now, I'd have done it zooming in from a distance with big, epic music gradually building up. Drums, male-voice choir...That sort of thing.

But that's just me. Me, being, someone who plays WAY TOO MUCH God of War. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I kind of agree with you, I was quite disappointed with the 'assassination' cut scene as well. But I have good faith that it will be much better in the final game.
Remember the X06 gameplay was a work in progress, a lot of animations weren't polished yet (like the hick-up when Altair pushes someone).

It will improve, I am sure of it!

(or I'm in for quite the disappointment..)

DARKmaster702
02-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Well yea the guards just stood there. i mean it would be pretty hard to assassinate someone, like when you kill the guy he does the dramatic scene where he stabs him lays him down and closes his eyes. i mean if it was realistic then you would get killed instantly after you kill someone.

Dark_Assassin92
02-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Yeah I think that the assassination cut scene is pr-rendered because you notice that whe nyou do it he kinda moves funny right when you start assassinating you know that strange movement... anyway, I think the one in the XO6 demo looked crappy... mainly because of the blood drops that flew out... I liked how it was like snap shots thow that was kinda cool...

adio540
02-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Num3n:

on the contrairy they can run up and start chainsawing you as well and start shooting u cuz it hurts u just doesnt kill till after chainsaw is over