PDA

View Full Version : history of assassins

assassin12346
07-27-2010, 04:18 PM
the pieces of eden.ancient objects filled with powerful energy.for ages assassins and templar have been fighting. the pieces of eden were first found by corrupt leaders in ancient greece they knew its power would give them control so they drawed a truce so each of them would keep a piece this secret alliance was named templar for years they ruled with an iron fist but they were corrupt,evil and ruthless.all in the land were sick of their rule and few were brave enough to stand up against them.they worked in the shadows becoming masters of stealth and they were the first assassins.they fought bravely and their skills were mythical.but it wasnt enough they were outnumbered and most of all the templars possessed more pieces than assassins.shortly after greece's fall the ancient egyptians learned of this and the same thing happened the leaders would start collecting pieces of eden and they continued the reign of templar and they were assassins too.this kept spreading all over the world.from egypt to the roman empire,from the roman empire to asia from asia to europe(medieval ages) thats where we learn of altair,from the medieval to the rennoisance italy.from rennoisance italy to spain from spain to the americas.by then it was almost everywhere in the world.and it kept going till our age,the modern age.we still fight each other secretly.all corrupt dictators in history were templar.and the people trying to stop them were assassins now most of the pieces in the world are possessed by templar.we must stop them.all assassins in the world must come together to stop them it doesnt matter where u live. we must put our petty differences aside to stop the templar.we must come together and fight alongside each other.

ArtofParkour
07-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Either you just discovered the Assassin's Creed wiki, or you've been smoking it up far too much.

Chris199930
07-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by assassin12346:
the pieces of eden.ancient objects filled with powerful energy.for ages assassins and templar have been fighting. the pieces of eden were first found by corrupt leaders in ancient greece they knew its power would give them control so they drawed a truce so each of them would keep a piece this secret alliance was named templar for years they ruled with an iron fist but they were corrupt,evil and ruthless.all in the land were sick of their rule and few were brave enough to stand up against them.they worked in the shadows becoming masters of stealth and they were the first assassins.they fought bravely and their skills were mythical.but it wasnt enough they were outnumbered and most of all the templars possessed more pieces than assassins.shortly after greece's fall the ancient egyptians learned of this and the same thing happened the leaders would start collecting pieces of eden and they continued the reign of templar and they were assassins too.this kept spreading all over the world.from egypt to the roman empire,from the roman empire to asia from asia to europe(medieval ages) thats where we learn of altair,from the medieval to the rennoisance italy.from rennoisance italy to spain from spain to the americas.by then it was almost everywhere in the world.and it kept going till our age,the modern age.we still fight each other secretly.all corrupt dictators in history were templar.and the people trying to stop them were assassins now most of the pieces in the world are possessed by templar.we must stop them.all assassins in the world must come together to stop them it doesnt matter where u live. we must put our petty differences aside to stop the templar.we must come together and fight alongside each other.
You see I know ancient Greek history.This men were called <Tyranoi>=Tyrants and there were many of them.They tricked the people into believing they were best for ruling the city-states,grabed power and become tyrants.And,there were many who stood against them.And were killed.In Athens,two men,Armodios and Aristogeiton were named killers of tyrants,because they led a revolution against the 2 tyrants that were ruling over Athens.Remember what Al Mualim said:A greek goddess used the POE to start the Trojan war.The glyphs talked about the Egyptian sovereigns,the Pharaos.Remember the Villa sancutary,the assassins who killed Alexander the great,Kalligula,Kleopatra,Jenghis Khan,The first Chinese emperor and another one which I don't recall right now and passed to legends.Not all dictators in history were templar.Savanalora's mortal enemy was Rodrigo Borgia.But yes a great number of them were.They might not realize it,but they were.Yes,brothers.The templars seek to oppose all we have sought to uphold.Peace,freedom,democracy!Brother Assassins unite once more and let it be seen,that the assassins were,are and always will be the upholders of justice and freedom!For peace!For glory!For the creed!

El_Sjietah
07-27-2010, 05:04 PM
You do realise justice and freedom contradict each other, right?

Chris199930
07-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
You do realise justice and freedom contradict each other, right?
No they don't.To have freedom,you must have justice.Freedom without Justice is chaos and anarchy.

El_Sjietah
07-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Justice requires rules. Rules restrict freedom.

Chris199930
07-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Rules restrain bad people.If we had not rules in the forums,everything would be out of control.Freedom is the abillity to speak freely,to express your ideas,your feelings.But some people's feelings are rage and saddnes.Rules try to restrain those people too express with violent ways.

El_Sjietah
07-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Rules restrain everyone in order to keep the amount of "bad people" at a minimum.

Chris199930
07-27-2010, 05:46 PM
And that's bad,because what?If the rules were like"You killed 988 guys?Oh that's okay!"we would not be intelligent beings.

assassin12346
07-27-2010, 06:04 PM
hey ghbfjvigjuitgjjgitjgilrfjg.rugjitegjuitjglet.gjitl .hikjguiltjgioitj;tgitjitjitjikjfbigujb

assassin12346
07-27-2010, 06:09 PM
hey guys who here is an assasin? join us if u want.if u have skill we need u in this war.

El_Sjietah
07-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Chris199930:
And that's bad,because what?If the rules were like"You killed 988 guys?Oh that's okay!"we would not be intelligent beings.

I never said it's a bad thing, I said freedom and justice cannot coexist.

itsamea-mario
07-28-2010, 02:57 AM
oh the bittersweets taste of freedom.

and you two guys assassin and chris, you do realise that the whole tempar assassin piece of eden thing is pretty much fiction.

Abeonis
07-28-2010, 03:23 AM
Am I the only one who stopped reading this after the first full stop, when it became obvious the OP has no grasp of grammar?

SlimeDynamiteD
07-28-2010, 04:11 AM
Am I the only one who stopped reading this after the first full stop, when it became obvious the OP has no grasp of grammar?
... no http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Chris199930
07-28-2010, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris199930:

I never said it's a bad thing, I said freedom and justice cannot coexist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They CAN coexist,but let's leave it there.If we don't we'll probably attract a moderator,which probably will lock this thread since we're entirely off topic.
@itsamea-mario
I do,but I wanted to make a post like this since I joined. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

SlimeDynamiteD
07-28-2010, 04:13 AM
If we don't we'll probably attract a moderator,which probably will lock this thread since we're entirely off topic. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

That's probably the wisest think I've read in this thread xD

EzioAssassin51
07-28-2010, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by assassin12346:
hey guys who here is an assasin? join us if u want.if u have skill we need u in this war.

Guys, stop fighting about what freedom is and that crap!

And this thread diserves to be closed! This is mindless fiction and is totally crap!

Listen mate, the Templars and such were real but there is no secret war going on between the Assassin's and them!

The Hashashins in AC1 were real but the ones from AC2 and stuff, they aren't real!

BTW just so you know, the Animus isn't real either http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Ru1986
07-28-2010, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassin12346:

Guys, stop fighting about what freedom is and that crap!

And this thread diserves to be closed! This is mindless fiction and is totally crap!

Listen mate, the Templars and such were real but there is no secret war going on between the Assassin's and them!

The Hashashins in AC1 were real but the ones from AC2 and stuff, they aren't real!

BTW just so you know, the Animus isn't real either http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assassins Were real as you say the ones in AC1 the Hashassins were. That was around the same time the Templars were raging acoross the Holyland hence the location fo the first game i guess. but yes your right all they have done for the second game is taken great characters from Renaisence history and added to their (already amazing) personalities by making them part of a Templar group.

As if these characters needed an excuses to me more bloodthirsty and cuthroat lol. However i must say your above comments are the most senisble thing in this post. It amazes me you have to spell it out for some people, i spose these people will belive anything they are told.

O and BTW El_Sjietah your right mate Freedom and Justice caqnnot exist together not true freedom anyway again i spose that depends how you define freedom but that another thread in its own.

El_Sjietah
07-28-2010, 06:15 AM
Nah, it has nothing to do with AC. Just bugs me when people repeat catchy frases without thinking about it themselves first.

godsmack_darius
07-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Well, you can have freedom, justice and rules.

depending on the rules, you have the right to do anything you like, its whether you will succeed in doing it or not. Your only trapped if yo say your gonna do anything, and someone says not too, and you do it anyway.

And The Hashshashin were actually quite friendly with the templars from what I read during the...3rd crusade I think, they both shared the same belief with different means of achieving it. Assassins wanted world peice, Templars wanted world piece through order.

The templars also admired there catch phrase, "Nothing I sTrue, Everything Is Permitted"

Which, if told to a brainwashed member of the masses, would seem like an Anarchy like Term http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SlimeDynamiteD
07-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Seriously... what does it matter?

ArtofParkour
07-28-2010, 10:04 AM
In case you haven't noticed (which I'm sure most of us have), neither the Templars or Assassins even in the game's story itself can really be considered the "good guys." They both believe in a type of anarchy and utopian society which obviously can't be acheived. What makes the Assassins the lesser of a greater evil is the fact that they don't take the lives of random innocents to meet their means.

Seriously though, it really doesn't matter. This is a video game forum and not any kind of political or radical thought forum for expressing outlandish bull**** opinions. The game is nice history-fiction and it's fun to indulge in through the entertainment medium, but when you start taking these mostly fictious organization's belief systems on, you honestly may have a problem.

thesilentkill4
07-28-2010, 01:37 PM
There are many cheap books on Amazon about the assassins order if anybody is interested. The real "Al- Mualim" of AC1 was actually Rashid ad-Din Sinan , so called "the old man of the mountain". And its true that assassins had a base in Masyaf fortress. Even some assassination targets in the game were really taken down by assassins in real life, but a lot of the game is fiction, dont forget that!

Rashid ad-Din Sinan, also known as the Old Man of the Mountain (c. 1132/1135 - 1192) was one of the leaders of the Syrian wing of the Hashshashin sect and a figure in the history of the Crusades.

Latin sources from the crusader states call him Vetulus de Montanis, derived from the Arabic title Shaykh al Jabal, which means prince or elder of the mountain.

According to his autobiography, of which only fragments survive, Rashid came to Alamut, the centre of the Hashshashins, as a youth and received the typical Hashshashin training. In 1162, the sect's leader Hassan II sent him to Syria, where he proclaimed Qiyamah, which in Nizari terminology meant the time of the Qa'im and the removal of Islamic law. Based on the Nizari stronghold Masyaf, he controlled various districts in northern Syria, namely Jabal as-Summaq, Ma'arrat Masrin and Sarmin.

His chief enemy was the Sultan Saladin, who ruled over Egypt and Syria. Saladin twice managed to elude assassination attempts ordered by Rashid and as he was marching against Aleppo, Saladin devastated the Nizari possessions. In 1176, Saladin laid siege to Masyaf but he lifted the siege after two notable events that transpired between him and the Old Man of the Mountain. One night his soldiers had found the Old Man of the Mountain and his personal guard wandering the mountains but failed to attack him because, as the soldiers reported, they were held back by some mystical power. Saladin suffered terrible dreams and one night awoke to find freshly baked hotcakes, the type only the Assassins made, and a poisoned dagger next to his bed. He believed the Old Man of the Mountain himself had laid them there. Saladin promptly lifted the siege and had to accept the independence of the Hashshashin principality.

His last notable act occurred in 1192, when he ordered the assassination of the newly elected King of Jerusalem Conrad of Montferrat. Whether this happened in coordination with King Richard I of England or Saladin remains speculation.

Rashid enjoyed considerable independence from the Nizari centre in Alamut and some writings attribute him with a semi-divine status. He died between 1192 and 1194 and was succeeded by men appointed from Alamut, which regained a closer supervision over Masyaf.