PDA

View Full Version : keep losing level

Peccavi6
11-22-2010, 03:54 AM
I just recently changed my gamertag, like 3 hours ago now each time i leave AC multiplayer I lose my level.

Peccavi6
11-22-2010, 04:58 AM
seriously i want a fix on this ive deleted my saves and cleared my cache, how do i fix this, am I supposed to press some option to save my level or something? I love the multiplayer but if i cant keep my level because of some gamertag glitch, im going to be hugely disappointed.

Wile E Coyoteee
11-22-2010, 05:22 AM
I saw someone else make a post about gamertag changes messing with their level. I'm not sure if there's a fix or not, but what I always do in online games with levels is manually exit all the way back out to the main menu and then make sure absolutely nothing is loading for a little while before turning it off. Seems to help. Sometimes I'd even go into singleplayer in other games, but I don't here as I've also heard of people losing levels after going back into singleplayer, lol, so idk. I thought I read in another thread that they're going to be patching it, but I thought that was a link to something from beta lol.

Peccavi6
11-22-2010, 10:49 AM
thank you, i just wish ubisoft would say something to, i was getting so mad last night that i wasnt keeping my levels i started getting owned so i went to sleep, going to see if turning everything off for a few hours let the system reset it self.

Munktor
11-22-2010, 10:58 AM
I figured people knew by now that data is being stored based on your gamertag.

Simple fix (and intelligent move in general) don't play an online game THEN change gamertag...

Or whine on a forum about it =)

Peccavi6
11-22-2010, 11:20 AM
how about say something that can help, or go **** yourself? I am looking for assistance, not an ***.

besides i expected to go back to level one I just didnt expect, that everytime I log in, I would be reset to level 1.

CynicalSatire
11-22-2010, 01:42 PM
also having the same problem. I got curious so i logged into black ops multiplayer and my level is still the same and the same with Halo reach, So what the hells the problem ubisoft?

luth411
11-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by CynicalSatire:
also having the same problem. I got curious so i logged into black ops multiplayer and my level is still the same and the same with Halo reach, So what the hells the problem ubisoft?

Infinity Ward and Bungie have been making multiplayer online formats for a long, long time. I would just report the issue to Ubisoft (first verify that it's not a problem with the gamertag being changed), and hope that enough noise is made to correct an issue if there is one.

CynicalSatire
11-22-2010, 02:02 PM
yeah I've been lookin at the forums and theres a few other threads about this same problem. some people have this problem with out having changed they're gamertag. the forum manager just says to file a support ticket...now im hoping it gets fixed.

arkman256
11-22-2010, 04:04 PM
yeah i posted the same issue a while back, and i sent a support ticket and they just told me there working on it. Pretty lame, i was hoping for a solution or that a fix is coming very soon. Hopefully they fix when they shut down the servers tomorrow.

Peccavi6
11-22-2010, 11:57 PM
still not fixed, didnt they do an update this afternoon?

obliviondoll
11-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Peccavi6:
still not fixed, didnt they do an update this afternoon?
Server maintenance, not game update.

That's the kind of problem they'll most likely need a patch for.

Sheckler1616
11-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Hay.
wow iŽm so happy [that time] when i see, that someone [many people] have the same problem.
IŽm from germany and I changed my gamertag, 2days ago. I wrote the german support, but they didnŽt answered up yet. but IŽam very sure, that they will fix the problem. at first I thought it was my fault. but now IŽam really sure that this is a bug, that ubisoft have to fix very quickly. so that erverone, who changed his gamertag, can play again without losing standings.

Peccavi6
11-23-2010, 11:58 PM
just got an email back they know its an issue and they are working on it. should be any day

DRACULA185
11-24-2010, 07:06 AM
ANSWER ! IN order to get your rank back you need to change your gamertag back to what it was when you first played multiplayer.

Sheckler1616
11-24-2010, 08:25 AM
that might be true.
but thatŽs ridiculous.
I payed for this and it works on all other games.

I think ubisoft will fix that problem as far as possible. so I have the time to wait.

Sheckler1616
11-24-2010, 09:02 AM
but @DRACULA185 does it work? who said that?
I think I cannot wait xD

Sheckler1616
11-24-2010, 10:43 AM
HeyYo
the problem is fixed!
yeeah

Peccavi6
11-24-2010, 11:58 PM
not only is it fixed they kept track of the xp i gained when i tested if it was fixed so now im level 12 =)