PDA

View Full Version : Ground Handeling and Differential Braking Effectiveness

BSS_Vidar
02-09-2006, 03:45 PM
The braking and ground handeling in 4.03 is still ineffective. Brake responce lags way too long behind brake input.

Aircraft still creep forward several meters after applying full brakes.

Aircraft will not pivot on one main-mount unless brought to a full stop first.

At a full stop, it often takes full power to get your plane to pivot on one wheel with full braking applied to the pivot side. And during that, your plane moves way to slow while in the pivot.

The braking is still unusable for carrier flex-deck operations. It's very difficult to spot your plane quickly and efficiantly without creeping over the deck.

I uninstalled the stand-alone, then re-installed it up to the 3.03 patch. Braking worked fine. Can we get it back to 3.03 standards please?

BSS_Vidar
02-09-2006, 03:45 PM
The braking and ground handeling in 4.03 is still ineffective. Brake responce lags way too long behind brake input.

Aircraft still creep forward several meters after applying full brakes.

Aircraft will not pivot on one main-mount unless brought to a full stop first.

At a full stop, it often takes full power to get your plane to pivot on one wheel with full braking applied to the pivot side. And during that, your plane moves way to slow while in the pivot.

The braking is still unusable for carrier flex-deck operations. It's very difficult to spot your plane quickly and efficiantly without creeping over the deck.

I uninstalled the stand-alone, then re-installed it up to the 3.03 patch. Braking worked fine. Can we get it back to 3.03 standards please?

BSS_Vidar
02-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Is there a plan to deal with this, or are we stuck with it for the duration in which support from 1C still updates this series?

For some, it has removed a whole different aspect of playing this game in a friendly environment when shooting is not involved.

Conducting carrier operations with lots of people sharing the same flight deck requires expidicious spoting of aircraft on the flight deck with the help of an accurate ground braking effect in the game.

Since the release of 4.01, we have not been able to enjoy that facet of the game for quite a while now.

Mr Oleg and 1C, Please see if this can be resolved, or just tell us we're stuck with it.

Thnx

Stackhouse25th
02-10-2006, 12:13 PM
i want diffy braking, but also increased braking effectiveness on certain aircraft.

BSS_Vidar
02-10-2006, 10:38 PM
We DO have differential braking -as bad as it is. What you're talking about is independat toe braking. Oleg responded to an email of mine saying that will never happen.

They had a vote on it you know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

slipBall
02-11-2006, 05:01 PM
It's just a game, and it has it's limits. It's the best thing since apple pie. I'm very happy with the patch.

Willey
02-11-2006, 05:04 PM
^Bump http://www.ubisoft.de/smileys/3.gif