PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me?!?!?!?!

Fawx_082484a
07-17-2005, 06:33 AM
Hi Guys

I would like to know from some of the more experienced players out there.....

Is the La7 1944 a good plane for a beginer??
I can handle it fine, and in quick, offline missions i can take out enemy planes.

Which is a better plane - Yak or Mig??

I have not done it yet, but want to know. If you are playing on limited ammo and fuel and you land how do you fill up?

Any skinning tips are welcome too.

Fawx_082484a
07-17-2005, 06:33 AM
Hi Guys

I would like to know from some of the more experienced players out there.....

Is the La7 1944 a good plane for a beginer??
I can handle it fine, and in quick, offline missions i can take out enemy planes.

Which is a better plane - Yak or Mig??

I have not done it yet, but want to know. If you are playing on limited ammo and fuel and you land how do you fill up?

Any skinning tips are welcome too.

Taylortony
07-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Dont know about the Aircraft i dont fly them, you land and rearm by stopping the plane then going esc refly.......... skinning tips take a stroll over to the skinners forum, you will be welcomed and helped too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VW-IceFire
07-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Yes, most of us got our starts on the La-7. Its a good combination of speed, manuevrability, and firepower.

Its fairly simplistic and doesn't require a whole lot of worrying about engine settings and the like except if you intend to fly it above 3000m. If you do...have a look at the supercharger stage settings and the fuel mixture settings.

The Mig-3 was basically a early war design that did not last past the middle part of the war. Trouble with the engines (reliability and supply) and poor overall performance did the Mig-3 in. So the Yak series is better than the Migs.

For new pilots, the Yak-3, or the early Yak-9 are good places to start. The Yak-3 is more manueverable than the La-7 but not quite as well armed (except the 3P) and a bit slower.

Cajun76
07-17-2005, 07:51 AM
Early war, the MiG is faster than the Yaks availble, but they flame a lot easier, and in general, the Yaks have a bit more firepower, exept for the cannon equipped MiG's.

Guess I'll admit, I started wayy back in the day with the La-5FN, and then went to the La-7 3x20mm when Forgotten Battles came out. It's certainly good for beginers, but something with less power will help you learn the basics of energy managment faster, which can be applied to any plane, and any style of fighting, whether it's "Turn and Burn" or "Boom and Zoom", both labels I find are a bit misleading.

It wasn't that long before the La-7 wasn't much of a challenge to fly, so since nobody was flying the P-47, I started flying it on occasion. I learned more about ACM (Air Combat Maneuvering) in the Jug than I ever learned in the La-7.

The best advice I can give, is pick one that you like, and try to get the most out of it. To truly master any plane will take patience and practice.

carguy_
07-17-2005, 08:24 AM
I`m affraid the answer to this question depends entirely on version of the game you have.In all versions earlier than v4.01 the Yak was better tan the Mig.

Yak was more maneuverable,more durable,had more fuel and IMO better armament.

Currently things are different.I`m not talking about Mig3U since it was a prototype.Now,Migs are all pretty good,a tad worse than the Yak on the deck on terms on maneuverability.It also is faster than the Yak on all altitudes and has better climb rate over 2000m.Only the Mig3 2xShVak equipped with two 20mmm cannons exceeds Yak in terms of armament although other versions equipped with 7mm and 12mm machineguns are more than capable of downing a fighter let alone kicking the enemy out of the fight.

However,it stands that the Mig is very flammable.IMO it`s not better than the Japanese Zero in durability.

According to my preferece you should select the Mig from those two.You can climb away,run away from your enemies and you have very good high altitude flight characteristics whereas the Yak excels only up to 3000m.Over this altitude it is a prey.

La7 part.
If you ask me you should start with the Spitfire since it is very good in all flight aspects.Spit IXc eats La7 for breakfast.

My personal preference for a trainer?Me109E7/B.

VFS-214_Hawk
07-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Again I say...

The best plane for the beginner is the SBD. I am not kidding or trying to be sarcastic. You need to learn how to dogfight. ACM skills are a must. Dont show your ignorance by letting a particular plane be your ticket to success instead of your flying skills. Even the La7 cant kill what it cant hit Wink2

Learn how to fight....then any plane can be deadly.

Join a squadron that teaches ACM skills.

blazer-glory
07-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Whats a SBD? Bit of a noobie you see. :s

CARGUY: Is that banner an ingame encounter?