PDA

View Full Version : Gun Jamming?

GearsofWar124
07-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Hi, it's my first post here, so don't flame too much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

So, what do you think about gun jamming? Should it stay, or should something else replace it?

Personally, i thought gun jamming was a nice way to play, it kept you watching your gun after lots of use. Especially, when you're in a firefight, and you gun jams.... it was intense.

(I'm also sorry if there is already a thread like this... I didn't look. Farcry 3 looking good too, can't wait http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

A_Mudcrab
07-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Yes, but not like Far Cry 2 where after a few mags an AK47 would jam.

Martythemerc
07-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Used pickups were jammy almost up front. My gunshop heaters would last long but eventually degrade. The reliability pack increased the life. I liked the realistic gun jams - it added another layer of nerves.

Nocturnal-Vault
07-05-2011, 04:08 AM
It did work well in the last game. The Africian landscape had a dry and dusty feel and the market was flooded with sub quality weapons of backyard weapon dealers.

It really added to the tension of the combat.

I will miss the function if they dont include it here; however, if the enemies are highly trained and professional, then it doesnt make sense if they use poor quality weapons.

Poetic03
07-05-2011, 09:36 AM
I really hope this feature returns, really feed the realistic factor, keeping me on my toes about changing my weapons out after too long - plus the awesome tension that hit when your in a gun fight and it jams!!

Eightboll812
07-05-2011, 12:05 PM
This was another feature that made FC2 stand out above all other shooters to me, in terms of adding realism. I like that sometimes you are forced to innovate with backup weapons when your SAW jams in the middle of mowing down a wave of enemies. It keeps you on your toes for sure.

weaponfx
07-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Well from the vid the weapons look "used" so I imagine it's going to be included but knowing these guys they will change the way it works quite significantly.

BLT382
07-06-2011, 08:30 PM
i would like it to stay but i would also like it if my LMG didnt blow up after 150 rounds.

Kamikazee005
08-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Personally, I like the gun jamming feature, gives excitement in a gunfight. But since many players either don't like it, or think guns jam too fast, why not put an option to enable or disable the feature? And it should also apply to the A.I.s These are just my opinions.

xIxNxSxAxNxEx
08-28-2011, 02:14 PM
I agree with Kamikazee005. But i don't see how that would work because Gun shops would be useless. (except when you buy guns) LOL