PDA

View Full Version : Problem with IL-2 1946 and Vista

skatz5451
09-26-2007, 06:32 PM
~S~ All;

Anyone know of any problems with IL-2 and Vista? I just purchased a Dell XPS 410 and when I put the dvd disc and click on set-up it either does nothing or asks me what language, I click on english and then nothing happens. The game doesn't load. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

_54th_Sierra6

JG6_Oddball
09-26-2007, 09:46 PM
%90 sure its the dell DVD/CD you are using, call dell

S!

VonKlugermon
09-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Skatz, try exploring the CD and look for another exe file, the one that's labeled "a.exe". Run that one as administrator and it should solve your problem. Technical support forum has other Vista problem solvers. Note: Don't let it install to the default folder! Create your own (C:\MyIL2) and install it there.

Willy

VMF-214_Pappy
09-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Yes i had it too and had to zip my installation from my other pc and extract to my program folders and it worked, now VMF-214_Tazz had same issue with vista and its not the dell dvd drives it some other issue, but he had it taken in to store where he bought and they got it running, If you can find him on hyperlobby maybe he can help u out on what they did to get it to work, if not for now try installing full game and patch on another pc than zip the entire folder and move it to your current pc and extract it to your program files, Il2 makes not registery entries so it will work with out actually installig it..

Try posting on our forums at http://vmf214blacksheep.com and ask tazz for some assitance he may be able to help you. I have a dell xps 710 and it would not run on my laptop with vista which is xp or my gen 4 dell which is also xp. So its something else maybe some copywrite protection with vista.

VMF-214_Pappy
09-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Dont bother exploring or trying to run the install by browsing cd wont work either, best quick fix zip up the install from antoher machine or install it on another machine burn it to disk and extract it to your new machine should work fine did for me

Urufu_Shinjiro
09-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by VMF-214_Pappy:
Dont bother exploring or trying to run the install by browsing cd wont work either, best quick fix zip up the install from antoher machine or install it on another machine burn it to disk and extract it to your new machine should work fine did for me

While your solution is a good one the a.exe run as admin is a very well known and known to work solution. Feel free to add another solution to a help thread but don't tell someone not to do what is a known workaround. Also, don't put the folder in program files, vista sometimes makes this whole folder read only so you cannot save conf.ini settings (don't know why some have the trouble and some don't).

skatz5451
09-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks for all of the help. I got it to work after posting by running a.exe. I don't know why. Then some probs with Hyperlobby and teamspeak but now I am up and running thanks Guys!~

salute;

_54th_Sierra