PDA

View Full Version : help for research paper about Assassins Creed gameplay

dapo1982
12-08-2009, 04:17 AM
Dear Assassins Creed fans,

Please help me with my research about Assassins Creed gameplay by answering few questions listed below. I am writing a paper for my Video Games Master degree (ITU, Copenhagen).

Your name/user name will remain private.

Questions:

1. On the first day of playing Assassins Creed, did you fallow the roads or did you immediately started to use the ability of climbing on any building.

2. On the main map, at the beginning of the game (the HUD), how did you traveled: climbed the building in the village to reach the top of the hill or just fallowed the road?

3. Have you ever tried climbing any threes throughout the game?

4. While using the horse have you fallowed the road? Have you tried taking any short cuts while riding the horse?

5.Have you ever tried jumping with the horse over/from the cliffs, buildings, people?

6. While playing in one of the cities (maps), how do you travel? Do you take the shortest route or fallow the side walks/roads?

7. While playing in the cities (maps), do you travel towards the signaled mission/goal or do you find yourself exploring the city, the surrounding space?

8. Do you think that the roads, side walks, buildings, the city space planning (architectural and urban forms), influence your avatar traveling from A to b as it influences your choice of traveling from A to B in real life?

9. Any other comments/thoughts.

Thank you in advance for your help! and keep on playing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cheers,

Dana

dapo1982
12-08-2009, 04:49 AM
Please feel free to answer as many or as few questions you'de like.

Thanks again!

Gillen19
12-08-2009, 04:54 AM
1.free running
2.climbed the building
3.yes-didnt work
4.followed the road
5.yes
6.shortest route
7.towards mission
8.not as much

Fenro
12-08-2009, 07:10 AM
#1 Climbing was the first thing i started to do, later on while i was hunting feathers i walked alot more

2# on top of the hill?, there are no hills in the start of AC2 and if i remember correctly neither is there ones later on. in AC1 there might have been few, but they didnt even have the option to be climbed.

3# nope, they just dont appear to be climbable from the start so why try?

4# i usualy take shortcuts when i need to, and i dont like to follow the road because its full of pedestrians walkingabout.

5# over the people yes ofcourse in AC1, over cliffs nope.

6# Shortest route, sometimes the sidewalks for the cenanery

7# Exploring always for the treasures/feathers etc. first, when im sure ive unlocked everything there is to be unlocked i continue with the missions.

8# yes

9# you have a set of weird question.