PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood credit lines *SPOILERS*

EETsumTURTLES
11-27-2010, 11:48 PM
So...after the crazy ending during ACB, the credits roll. IF you played AC2 your expecting something to happen. If your like me, you were surprized when nothing happened.....that is, until about 5 minutes into the credits.

Instead of playing like in AC2, you only hear a voice. 2 voices actually.

"****. HE fainted."
"Put him back in the animus."
"That's what did this to him!"
"Do it."

Thats all you get.

Who are these voices? I dont know. I have no explanation....but let me tell you a crazy theory.

Everything we've played in AC has been through the DNA memories of someone we havent met. Let me explain: this man that evidently fainted is reliving the life of Desmond who's reliving the life of his ancesters. I can furthur back this up by saying that earlier in the game, Shaun mentions something saying: "It's like a memory within a memory."

Any thoughts?

xXxDAL978xXx
11-28-2010, 02:30 AM
You could be right, but there are so many possibilities. When playing as Desmond, the year is 2012 yes ? So that means it's present. If someone else is reliving Desmond's past, then what's the actual year ? Lucy says that there is 72 days left until something happens, so i'm not sure someone else is reliving Desmond's memories unless he dies.

xsatanicjokerx
11-28-2010, 02:35 AM
I heard more than that. I’m sure there was something along the lines of "I'm the expert put him back in the machine"

KrYpToNiC95
11-28-2010, 04:20 AM
I have not finished the game but when i left the animus i went over to the laptop and read through all the messages and I'm not sure if it was in rebecca's or lucy's but a mysterious person called william was the sender or receiver in a few messages and he seems a bit suspicious with his wording. Perhaps he has something to do with this,

Chariflame
11-28-2010, 06:01 AM
I think one of the voices was this "William M." person you see in the e-mails; it seems he's either a Grand Master or somebody high up in the Order, and he said he would meet up with team once they'd found the Apple. I presume they found them in the Apple Chamber, and when faced with Desmond who had possibly just snapped and stabbed someone, the Animus was the best place to put him so he couldn't exactly harm anyone else. (Either willingly or from being controlled by the Apple)

It was mainly just a narrative purpose for the player to be able to go back to the Animus to finish up side-missions and collectables with Ezio, but that snippet of speech just seemed to put some reasoning behind it.

MaciejMarchewka
11-28-2010, 06:25 AM
i think that memory in memory is:

Desmond going through memories of Ezio who hav met Cristina Vespucci and thats why we re-live memories of Ezio who tried to forget about them repressed them,but they were important for Desmond and the rest to go through Ezio memories.

Black_Widow9
11-28-2010, 02:45 PM
It is important that you remember to add a spoiler warning to the thread title of any thread containing gameplay information. Failure to do so will not only ruin the game for others but put you at risk of suspension, I've edited the title for you on this occasion but make sure to remember this next time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

DarthEzio55
11-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by EETsumTURTLES:
So...after the crazy ending during ACB, the credits roll. IF you played AC2 your expecting something to happen. If your like me, you were surprized when nothing happened.....that is, until about 5 minutes into the credits.

"****. HE fainted."
"Do it."

Thats all you get.

Who are these voices? I dont know. I have no explanation....but let me tell you a crazy theory.

Everything we've played in AC has been through the DNA memories of someone we havent met. Let me explain: this man that evidently fainted is reliving the life of Desmond who's reliving the life of his ancesters. I can furthur back this up by saying that earlier in the game, Shaun mentions something saying: "It's like a memory within a memory."

Any thoughts?

Spoilers <span class="ev_code_WHITE">You forgot to put that Desmond says a weakly no at the end</span>

DeSabellis
12-01-2010, 08:13 AM
All I would have to say is, if they can relieve Desmond's life, then why not just skip to Ezio's life, or Desmond's life when he gets the apple. All of the other things would be pointless.

That's the major hole in that theory. Not to mention that a game would have to take place after the end of the world.

obliviondoll
12-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Continuing the string of spoilers...

This is only a possible, but I'm about 80% sure one of those voices (the "I'm the expert" one) is Vidic.

I have a feeling you're going to wake up in the hands of the Templars again in AC3.

extrememuffin
12-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by DeSabellis:
All I would have to say is, if they can relieve Desmond's life, then why not just skip to Ezio's life, or Desmond's life when he gets the apple. All of the other things would be pointless.

That's the major hole in that theory. Not to mention that a game would have to take place after the end of the world.

well your first point can be discredited by saying that like with altair and Ezio you have to start from the begining to unlock memories later on

your second point however i think is true. in order to see this through the Animus Desmond would have to have had a son/daughter AFTER these events so that he would pass it on to his child. because we know that the abstergo launch date is only 72 days from the point of reaching the apple that doesnt leave enough time for Desmond to have a concieve a child and have it be born, i doubt the child would be able to go into the animus until age 10 anyway.

NuclearFuss
12-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Subject 72...

EmBRaCeDeATH
12-01-2010, 09:03 AM
All this stuff confuses me >.<

I feel like im missing SO much of the story. When I try and pay attention to whats going on. I read stuff like this..and i say to my self 'what the effff is going on'

Gyro458
12-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Guy 1 - "****, he's gone into shock!"
Guy 2 - "Put him back in the machine."
Guy 1 - "But the Animus did this to him!"
Guy 2 - "Am I the expert or not? Do it"
Desmond - "No..."

Brey335i
12-01-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm pretty sure it's just an excuse for letting you freeroam after finishing the story missions. But I hope they have a good explanation for it in the next game. You can be sure of one things, and that is that we will see the Animus again. AC is a history centered game, and if your time playing as Desmond in modern times have taught us anything, it is that Ubisoft isn't really letting us run around fighting as Desmond. I was surprised that all we did was some freerunning.

BlacklightDemon
12-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by EETsumTURTLES:

"****. HE fainted."
"Do it."

Thats all you get.

Any thoughts?
I recall seeing a sort of suggestion in one of the files that pop up when you visit a place/person. I think it says something like "We have the Animus recordings to prove it, unless we are all dreaming right now..." or something along those lines.

Henry454
12-01-2010, 05:05 PM
If we actually are future Desmond replaying his own memories for info after being kidnapped by Templars again fair enough but if we are anouther person in our future (our future because time is all relative) then it will just be absolute trash.!!!!

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
12-01-2010, 05:18 PM
If he ends up back in the hands of Abstergo and they have the apple it would be to cliché.

Heartist_of_All
12-01-2010, 06:53 PM
We need to go deeper.

OGCFB
12-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Its a memory within a memory within a memory and if you go any further you may be stuck in Limbo and unable to wake up...

X10J
12-01-2010, 07:12 PM
One voice, who we(I) call the expert, is the one who says, unsuprizingly, "I'm the expert here!" Some think he's [spoiler] William, but most think he's 16(the subject not the age, the latter wouldn't make any sense). The other voice is often thought to be the opposite of who people think the expert is, that is if the theory is that 16 is the expert they usualy think that William is the other voice, and visa-versa.