PDA

View Full Version : A Few Requests (for possible female ancestor)

ShAd0wC4t97
10-11-2011, 06:47 PM
There's some hope that the next ancestor after Ezio will be a woman. I, being of the female gender, would really really appreciate this. Now that said... There's some things the developers should know when trying to take a cautious approach to this concept of a female lead character..

Don't make her a prostitute, and please don't try to "reach out" to your female consumers with some pink flowery pop creature from the murky pools of stereotypical hell. Please?

If you want to look at a good example of a female protagonist done well, look at Ayame from the Tenchu series. Erm, well the first Tenchu game before it got bought off from a different company! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Now then.. please don't make her a prostitute just because you can't conceive of a believable explanation for her freedom in an older, more prejudiced era. There have been a lot of good suggestions that don't have to go down that route...

For anyone who may have some ideas go ahead and speak up about them here since this topic apparently has gotten buried amongst the hype of the last AC game, and the upcoming Revelations game.

It isn't about sexism, it's about fairness, and respect to your fellow female gamers.

albertwesker22
10-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by ShAd0wC4t97:
There's some hope that the next ancestor after Ezio will be a woman. I, being of the female gender, would really really appreciate this. Now that said... There's some things the developers should know when trying to take a cautious approach to this concept of a female lead character..

Don't make her a prostitute, and please don't try to "reach out" to your female consumers with some pink flowery pop creature from the murky pools of stereotypical hell. Please?

If you want to look at a good example of a female protagonist done well, look at Ayame from the Tenchu series. Erm, well the first Tenchu game before it got bought off from a different company! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Now then.. please don't make her a prostitute just because you can't conceive of a believable explanation for her freedom in an older, more prejudiced era. There have been a lot of good suggestions that don't have to go down that route...

For anyone who may have some ideas go ahead and speak up about them here since this topic apparently has gotten buried amongst the hype of the last AC game, and the upcoming Revelations game.

It isn't about sexism, it's about fairness, and respect to your fellow female gamers.

A Tenchu reference? I thought I was the only one on this forum that loves Tenchu(Well Tenchu 1/2) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I don't really want a female protagonist, but I would still buy the game anyway.

Serrachio
10-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I think the reason why some people are wary of having a female ancestor for Desmond is because they feel that he may end up personally confused because of the bleeding effect (or gay as some people might believe).

To be honest, having a female ancestor wouldn't really be a bad thing post-ACR, because of how Desmond would supposedly be allowed to 'manipulate the Animus' Nexus' to live through all the memories that they had and differentiate himself from them, nullifying the adverse parts of the bleeding effect but picking up skills all the same.

This would allow him to play as a woman ancestor and not wake up in the morning as a tranny. (using extreme example there for satire)

Who knows as well, maybe there may be some things that would be extremely useful for Desmond to learn that a female Assassin might be more useful or adept at?

Women can apparantly take pain better than men due to child-birth etc, he could learn distraction techniques, better manipulation, charm and knowledge of poisons. It could also allow him to be more flexible and swift in battle, and who knows, maybe he'll cook, clean and be able to repair his robes if needed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I also have a feeling that I'd want a female Assassin for a whip, because then she could be like Catwoman (whips would be cool and practical) just like how Ezio could be considered as a psuedo-Batman in history.

ShAd0wC4t97
10-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the responses!

I think that Desmond would learn more about his history, then learning some new skills. Serrachio, all skills you mentioned are also skills that men can have. Though I think he could learn something like subterfuge to learn secrets from his enemies.

SweetsMachineGun
10-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I've thought about the whole gender identity thing with Desmond and the bleeding effect, but I'd really like this as a possibility if Desmond was stable enough to handle it.

Although I (personally) wouldn't really be bothered by her being a prostitute or not. Throughout history sex has been a way for women to achieve power in oppressive situations. Just look at Claudia, Ezio's sister, she associates heavily with prostitution yet she still is a respectable and kick-*** assassin.

ShAd0wC4t97
10-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Well, the thing I don't like about it is how many times it's been used. I mean come on doesn't it get at least a little old?

Serrachio
10-11-2011, 07:25 PM

I think that Desmond would learn more about his history, then learning some new skills. Serrachio, all skills you mentioned are also skills that men can have. Though I think he could learn something like subterfuge to learn secrets from his enemies.

If all of the skills are ones that a man can have, then it is not illogical for a woman to have them as well, so much so that it can be one reason why a woman would provide a different light to the game.

ShAd0wC4t97
10-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShAd0wC4t97:

If all of the skills are ones that a man can have, then it is not illogical for a woman to have them as well, so much so that it can be one reason why a woman would provide a different light to the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you were joking when you mentioned cooking as a possible skill, but most of what you mentioned are all pretty basic skills that most people already have on some level. You have to think of how it would benefit Desmond in his circumstances throughout the game.

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Fem-shep is another respectable female hero in my eyes.

In fact, my main Mass Effect Shepard is a female, and I'm male. Mostly because of the superior voice-acting though... and games need more female heroes.

So, I'd be all up for a female assassin protagonist.

SweetsMachineGun
10-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Well, the thing I don't like about it is how many times it's been used. I mean come on doesn't it get at least a little old?

Being realistic to history, this was a common outlet for women breaking out of an oppressive system. There are other options: thieves, entertainers, actors. The time and setting would factory into our lady assassins faux career choice as well-- But really, I don't think she would be free of any association from courtesans.

Prostitutes, like thieves, in Assassin's Creed, represent an organization of people working outside the law against an oppressive system(The Templars). The jobs may be dirty, but they have motives beyond sex.

Serrachio
10-11-2011, 07:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShAd0wC4t97:

If all of the skills are ones that a man can have, then it is not illogical for a woman to have them as well, so much so that it can be one reason why a woman would provide a different light to the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you were joking when you mentioned cooking as a possible skill, but most of what you mentioned are all pretty basic skills that most people already have on some level. You have to think of how it would benefit Desmond in his circumstances throughout the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know that they are basic skills, but I did mention 'better manipulation, charm and knowledge of poisons', with the keyword to that statement being 'better'.

Not that he doesn't already know these, but that he could expand on them a lot more by having a woman ancestor.

I admit, it may have been a little vague when I mentioned it though.

ShAd0wC4t97
10-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by sharkbot:

Being realistic to history, this was a common outlet for women breaking out of an oppressive system. There are other options: thieves, entertainers, actors. The time and setting would factory into our lady assassins faux career choice as well-- But really, I don't think she would be free of any association from courtesans.

Prostitutes, like thieves, in Assassin's Creed, represent an organization of people working outside the law against an oppressive system(The Templars). The jobs may be dirty, but they have motives beyond sex. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it has to be historically accurate. I can see her associating with prostitutes, but that doesn't mean she would have to be one.

Historians have to be creative, and open as well. It helps them get closer to the real picture of what life was like in a time we weren't born into.

I think there could be a lot of new skills Desmond could learn as well from what you've said Serrachio. Even if he would already have a good grasp from the bleeding effect on balance, and possibly poison, etc. Someone should expand on the idea more eh? It could open up new weapon ideas too. I'd hope that the developers would be able to get into that!

Not sure how they would be able to make something believable from a female main character without doing a lot of research, and getting insights from things that are beyond mainstream TV and magazines though.

Agentbarto
10-11-2011, 08:09 PM
the reason for Desmond being "confused" is that his consciousness melding with a male ancestor's occurs slowly and allows his consciousness to not break down the concept of self it has developed up until the point before synchronization occurred. Melding a male with a female psyche requires such drastic changes even in the first synchronization that the self concept of the user's mind would become much more damaged as a result than it would with a male:male psyche. By proxy this would put a user in an "ACR - Blackroom - Mind is hash" situation much more quickly. Maybe too quickly; enough cons to outweigh the pros that would make such a situation worthwhile.

ShAd0wC4t97
10-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Agentbarto:
the reason for Desmond being "confused" is that his consciousness melding with a male ancestor's occurs slowly and allows his consciousness to not break down the concept of self it has developed up until the point before synchronization occurred. Melding a male with a female psyche requires such drastic changes even in the first synchronization that the self concept of the user's mind would become much more damaged as a result than it would with a male:male psyche. By proxy this would put a user in an "ACR - Blackroom - Mind is hash" situation much more quickly. Maybe too quickly; enough cons to outweigh the pros that would make such a situation worthwhile.

I think it would be hilarious.

Only 1 chromosome decides whether a human being is going to be male or female. (Had to edit that hehe oops). There really isn't as much difference as you think.

Think of it like... yin and yang. Desmond is a sensitive person on some level. That's usually thought of as a feminine thing. A woman able to take out an army by force, that's usually thought of as a masculine concept. Hmm well that adds all kinds of new complications, doesn't it?

SweetsMachineGun
10-11-2011, 08:20 PM

Probably true. It's definitely dangerous for Desmond. However, that does not rule out the possibility of a female ancestor in terms of story. Remember, they use these memories as a way to retrieve information. The team could need the memory of a female ancestor, one that they would have to use Desmond to access.

ShAd0wC4t97
10-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Well historical accuracy, and real science aside you have to remember this is based on science fiction... so seriously guys. Why not?

Agentbarto
10-11-2011, 08:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agentbarto:

Probably true. It's definitely dangerous for Desmond. However, that does not rule out the possibility of a female ancestor in terms of story. Remember, they use these memories as a way to retrieve information. The team could need the memory of a female ancestor, one that they would have to use Desmond to access. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could work but the subject actually reliving the memories would be a female. Much like unlocking Ezio using Subject 16's synchronized genome as a reference point.

ShAd0wC4t97
10-11-2011, 09:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sharkbot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agentbarto:

Probably true. It's definitely dangerous for Desmond. However, that does not rule out the possibility of a female ancestor in terms of story. Remember, they use these memories as a way to retrieve information. The team could need the memory of a female ancestor, one that they would have to use Desmond to access. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could work but the subject actually reliving the memories would be a female. Much like unlocking Ezio using Subject 16's synchronized genome as a reference point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like that! It would make a lot of things fit together and make the idea easier to work with.
Thank you for saying such genius words!

EDIT:
Well, it sounded good until I realized that they're probably not going to introduce a new subject into the story. I was thinking that she could be another voice in Desmond's head that helps him out. Ha! XD Silly me.

Agentbarto
10-12-2011, 01:35 AM
Well it could work another way. The female is a presently living subject much like Desmond. She doesn't have to be a physically deceased ambient entity such as Subject 16. This would make the female protagonist a primary protagonist (like Desmond) and Desmond (or any other male (and female) character used to unlock an ancestor) a secondary protagonist/background character (like Subject 16 was when unlocking Ezio.)

EzioAssassin51
10-12-2011, 02:24 AM

Do you seriously think Ubisoft will do this? Come back to me after you look at all of the females currently in the AC series, like Rosa, and Claudia, and all of them... And that new assassin in Embers

SixKeys
10-12-2011, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

Do you seriously think Ubisoft will do this? Come back to me after you look at all of the females currently in the AC series, like Rosa, and Claudia, and all of them... And that new assassin in Embers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the female characters in the multiplayer were fairly boob-alicious. Do I expect Ubisoft would create a Lara Croft-esque babe in an effort to appeal to male gamers, as opposed to a basically just a female version of a kickass assassin like Ezio? Yes.

I don't get why everyone thinks it would confuse Desmond thoroughly to have to relive a female ancestor's memories. Do you think Desmond was also reduced to the mental level of an infant when he first entered the memories of Ezio as a newborn baby?

What if the case were reversed? A modern-day female assassin reliving the memories of a male ancestor? Would people be worried that she would suddenly lower her voice and start walking like a man after a few sequences in the Animus?

SweetsMachineGun
10-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

Do you seriously think Ubisoft will do this? Come back to me after you look at all of the females currently in the AC series, like Rosa, and Claudia, and all of them... And that new assassin in Embers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the female characters in the multiplayer were fairly boob-alicious. Do I expect Ubisoft would create a Lara Croft-esque babe in an effort to appeal to male gamers, as opposed to a basically just a female version of a kickass assassin like Ezio? Yes.

I don't get why everyone thinks it would confuse Desmond thoroughly to have to relive a female ancestor's memories. Do you think Desmond was also reduced to the mental level of an infant when he first entered the memories of Ezio as a newborn baby?

What if the case were reversed? A modern-day female assassin reliving the memories of a male ancestor? Would people be worried that she would suddenly lower her voice and start walking like a man after a few sequences in the Animus? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not really the idea that reliving the memory of a female would confuse Desmond, it's the idea that the bleeding effect would could interfere with his gender perception. And living as a female could put him in several situations he could be uncomfortable with, like being hit on by dudes (thought this could be pretty humorous to boot).

And I don't necessary think all females in AC have to be boobalicious, there were plenty of central characters that aren't all about sex appeal: Maria Auditore, Maria Thorpe, Claudia, to name a few.

JJTHoukes
10-12-2011, 07:37 AM
One of my requests would be that the female protagonist wears realistic armour, instead of walking around half naked.

SixKeys
10-12-2011, 08:07 AM
It's not really the idea that reliving the memory of a female would confuse Desmond, it's the idea that the bleeding effect would could interfere with his gender perception. And living as a female could put him in several situations he could be uncomfortable with, like being hit on by dudes (thought this could be pretty humorous to boot).

Hey, the female assassin could turn out to be a lesbian for all we know. It ain't all bad. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

It's not technically Desmond who gets hit on by people anyway. Desmond is like a metaphor for all gamers; you don't feel weird when you're playing with a female character and that character gets into a romantic relationship with a man, do you? Because you are not that character. You're only playing through them, seeing through their eyes. It's similar with Desmond. The only thing complicating matters in his case is that the Bleeding Effect is causing him to confuse reality with the "gaming" experience much more strongly than would normally be the case. Kinda like those people you sometimes hear about who do crazy stuff after being cooped up in their basement playing WoW for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by sharkbot:]
And I don't necessary think all females in AC have to be boobalicious, there were plenty of central characters that aren't all about sex appeal: Maria Auditore, Maria Thorpe, Claudia, to name a few.

Agreed, but those were side characters that weren't made for the players to control. Game avatars are traditionally designed very much like superheroes: the men look strong and capable, like the kind of person you'd want to be, and the girls are... well, basically who you'd want to do. (Starting with the assumption that most gamers are straight males, of course.) The multiplayer females were controllable, and they were designed with this in mind. Capable, but all of them sexy. Compare that to the diversity and body build types found in the male characters: the Butcher, the Knight, the Noble, the Priest....

ProletariatPleb
10-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Where are those "possible hints" of there being a female ancestor in the next game?? Have I been missing out on something?

Personally, I wouldn't want a female ancestor in ACIII unless they make her non-(stereotypical or cliched).

Serrachio
10-12-2011, 11:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I don't necessary think all females in AC have to be boobalicious, there were plenty of central characters that aren't all about sex appeal: Maria Auditore, Maria Thorpe, Claudia, to name a few. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although it might a a more risky prospect for Desmond to play as a woman, with what could be the impending danger, it may end up that he has to play one.

In the video here (http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/09/22/assassins-creed-revelations-desmonds-mission?objectid=93900), it says that Desmond can crack open the memories that are still unknown to him so that he can come out of his coma, so maybe he could gain the ability later to fully seperate him from his previous ancestors and pick up only their skills.

Blind2Society
10-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I apologise in advance as I didn't read anything but the thread title.

The extended trailer made me think Claudia would be the ancestor in AC3. I very well could be wrong but it seems like a cool idea to me. And I originally didn't like the idea of a female assassin.

Serrachio
10-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I apologise in advance as I didn't read anything but the thread title.

The extended trailer made me think Claudia would be the ancestor in AC3. I very well could be wrong but it seems like a cool idea to me. And I originally didn't like the idea of a female assassin.

Having Claudia as the ancestor that we would play as a female assassin would be too close to Ezio, and I doubt that Ubisoft would want to focus on her not long after finishing Ezio's story.

And besides, it wouldn't technically be possible because the bloodline has to travel into Desmond, and having Claudia as the protagonist would be going down the wrong route, as Ezio is confirmed to be the figure that has the child that leads to Desmond.

ShAd0wC4t
11-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Well after thinking about this more, I've realized (with a lot of your points in mind) that begging is unrealistic.

I would really hope that they don't put something in their game just because fans wanted it, since the game is theirs' not ours'. I'd hate it if I had to change my plotline just to make everyone happy.

It loses a feeling of originality if it's just giving in to peoples' demands. Not saying that consumers' needs should be ignored, but when it comes to story writing it's on a more personal level of expression.

I feel immature for starting this topic now, but on the bright side at least I got you people debating it. It was entertaining for at least a little while. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Edit: *grins* Oh hey looks like I finally got to sign into the right account! >.>

xcamthemandudex
11-09-2011, 04:38 AM
I know I am going to sound like a jerk for even throwing this out there, but could one of the reasons we have yet to see a female ancestor to Desmond is because none of them were master assassins or came in contact with a Piece of Eden? Think about it, we aren't just playing as random ancestors in this game. I'm not saying a female would be a bad thing, I would expect Ubisoft to make her realistic and not all about sex appeal.

That is just my theory. If someone has said it before me, I am sorry, I only skimmed the entire thread.

YuurHeen
11-09-2011, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by ShAd0wC4t:
Well after thinking about this more, I've realized (with a lot of your points in mind) that begging is unrealistic.

I would really hope that they don't put something in their game just because fans wanted it, since the game is theirs' not ours'. I'd hate it if I had to change my plotline just to make everyone happy.

It loses a feeling of originality if it's just giving in to peoples' demands. Not saying that consumers' needs should be ignored, but when it comes to story writing it's on a more personal level of expression.

>.>

well ubisoft is a economic company that just wants to sell as much as possible. they listen to the most customers and minimize risks. if you want more artistic games go play bethesda and rockstar games.

btw: i would love a female assassin in ac3 and i do think it is going to happen.

dxsxhxcx
11-09-2011, 05:31 AM
what if once Desmond' story comes to an end, they decide to show us the life of the descendant of Eve?! Assuming the current descendant of Eve in the game is a woman of course, then we would have the female ancestors some people want, [SPOILERS - ACB] IF this descendant of Eve is being kept by Abstergo or is on the Templars' side ("the cross darkens the horizon"), we would also know more about the templar side of the story...

LightRey
11-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
what if once Desmond' story comes to an end, they decide to show us the life of the descendant of Eve?! Assuming the current descendant of Eve in the game is a woman, of course, then we would have the female ancestors some people want, [SPOILERS - ACB] IF this descendant of Eve is being kept by Abstergo or is on the Templars' side ("the cross darkens the horizon"), we would also know more about the templar side of the story...
Everyone is a descendant of Eve. Even if she wasn't the first woman there are so many generations between Desmond and her that basically every human on earth is a descendant of hers. There has also been no mention of there being a specific "descendant of Eve".

dxsxhxcx
11-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
what if once Desmond' story comes to an end, they decide to show us the life of the descendant of Eve?! Assuming the current descendant of Eve in the game is a woman, of course, then we would have the female ancestors some people want, [SPOILERS - ACB] IF this descendant of Eve is being kept by Abstergo or is on the Templars' side ("the cross darkens the horizon"), we would also know more about the templar side of the story...
Everyone is a descendant of Eve. Even if she wasn't the first woman there are so many generations between Desmond and her that basically every human on earth is a descendant of hers. There has also been no mention of there being a specific "descendant of Eve". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if that's the case then why Desmond seems to need to find a specific person?! At least that's what I understood of his conversation with Juno, if everyone is a descendant of Eve then the only thing he needs to do is pick a random person in the street and do whatever TWCB want him to do...

LightRey
11-09-2011, 05:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
Everyone is a descendant of Eve. Even if she wasn't the first woman there are so many generations between Desmond and her that basically every human on earth is a descendant of hers. There has also been no mention of there being a specific "descendant of Eve". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if that's the case then why Desmond seems to need to find a specific person?! At least that's what I understood of his conversation with Juno, if everyone is a descendant of Eve then the only thing he needs to do is pick a random person in the street and do whatever TWCB want him to do... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which is my very point. If he had to find a descendant of Eve it'd make no sense since basically everyone is one.
Besides, Juno said he needs to find Eve, not "a descendant of Eve". It's imo is very likely pertaining to the S16 memory we saw a recording of in ACII (The Truth). There's even a S16 sequence in ACR.

BlackRose1809
11-09-2011, 06:34 AM
They could make a game with a female character, they just have to find a way to fit it in the story. It doesn't have to be Desmond, like someone said it can be another character. I was thinking about one post, that said the female character could be lesbian. I was thinking if they did that, they could do like they do on Fallout, we can make your character gay or not, all by your choices.

And the OP: Prostitution could be a breadwinner for the story plot. Like the character could want to leave that life or something in that area that would make her become an assassin or w.e. That's in IMO.

I'm a woman, and I really don't care if I play a female or male. But it would be a fresh thing to see a Female assassin in the AC series. Because there is female assassins, just not a lot.

LightRey
11-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by BlackRose1809:
They could make a game with a female character, they just have to find a way to fit it in the story. It doesn't have to be Desmond, like someone said it can be another character. I was thinking about one post, that said the female character could be lesbian. I was thinking if they did that, they could do like they do on Fallout, we can make your character gay or not, all by your choices.

And the OP: Prostitution could be a breadwinner for the story plot. Like the character could want to leave that life or something in that area that would make her become an assassin or w.e. That's in IMO.

I'm a woman, and I really don't care if I play a female or male. But it would be a fresh thing to see a Female assassin in the AC series. Because there is female assassins, just not a lot.
I wouldn't mind it either, though it might take some getting used to. The only game in which I've really played with a female character is Ninety-nine Nights.

BlackRose1809
11-09-2011, 06:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlackRose1809:

I wouldn't mind it either, though it might take some getting used to. The only game in which I've really played with a female character is Ninety-nine Nights. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the only games I played with female characters are:

Kya the dark lineage
final fantasy XIII
Sims
Fallout

LightRey
11-09-2011, 06:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlackRose1809:

I wouldn't mind it either, though it might take some getting used to. The only game in which I've really played with a female character is Ninety-nine Nights. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kya the dark lineage
final fantasy XIII
Sims
Fallout </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh that's right. FF XIII too (and the sims I guess, but imo that doesn't really count). I've been trying to delete FF XIII from my memory. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Jexx21
11-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by YuurHeen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShAd0wC4t:

>.>

well ubisoft is a economic company that just wants to sell as much as possible. they listen to the most customers and minimize risks. if you want more artistic games go play bethesda and rockstar games.

btw: i would love a female assassin in ac3 and i do think it is going to happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel like the AC games ARE artistic..

BlackRose1809
11-09-2011, 06:43 AM

Kya the dark lineage
final fantasy XIII
Sims
Fallout </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh that's right. FF XIII too (and the sims I guess, but imo that doesn't really count). I've been trying to delete FF XIII from my memory. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I personally like FFXII. It's a good game IMO. I'm still not done with it, but it's getting there. Sims... yeah. There's isn't much games out with female main characters. I really want to try out that Tomb Raider game that will come out soon. It seems awesome!!!!!!!!!!! that and Silent Hill... >.>

Jexx21
11-09-2011, 06:47 AM
What about Mass Effect?

LightRey
11-09-2011, 06:50 AM
I personally like FFXII. It's a good game IMO. I'm still not done with it, but it's getting there. Sims... yeah. There's isn't much games out with female main characters. I really want to try out that Tomb Raider game that will come out soon. It seems awesome!!!!!!!!!!! that and Silent Hill... >.>
The thing is that most (if not all) games I've played that had playable female characters, had more playable characters than that and most often the main protagonist was still a male character.

I mean, I've also played Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which both have playable female characters, but the main protagonists were still male.

Jexx21
11-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Mass Effect anyone?

BlackRose1809
11-09-2011, 06:55 AM
The thing is that most (if not all) games I've played that had playable female characters, had more playable characters than that and most often the main protagonist was still a male character.

I mean, I've also played Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which both have playable female characters, but the main protagonists were still male. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Jexx21:
What about Mass Effect?

@ LightRay:

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I mean main characters as females not males.

Yeah, that's so true. I wish they had more games that had women as the main characters. I know that most of the percentage of gamers are males, but if they want to get more female gamers, they need to do something that females will like. And nothing girly girly. Like the new Tomb Raider game, that is something I would play, because it seems really real. Nothing sugary or anything. They just need to expand for that demographic.

@Jexx21:

I never played that game, but I do know the main character is female. But the thing is you don't know it until the very end... (You are talking about samus right? right game right?)

Jexx21
11-09-2011, 07:09 AM
No, Samus is Samus.

I'm talking about the BioWare RPG, 'Mass Effect'.

You play as Commander Shepard, who can either be male or female, 6 dif. classes, and you can design his/her appearance.

BlackRose1809
11-09-2011, 07:11 AM
No, Samus is Samus.

I'm talking about the BioWare RPG, 'Mass Effect'.

You play as Commander Shepard, who can either be male or female, 6 dif. classes, and you can design his/her appearance.

Oh. Never really played that...

Kind of reminds me of fallout... I love fallout. :3

Jexx21
11-09-2011, 07:12 AM
I have artwork for Mass Effect 3 in my sig :P

BlackRose1809
11-09-2011, 07:14 AM

Cool... but never played it. It depends if I can play it on PS2, PSP or PS3... I had a DS but it was broken by evil little children that are of my brother's evil blood.

YuurHeen
11-09-2011, 07:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YuurHeen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShAd0wC4t:

>.>

btw: i would love a female assassin in ac3 and i do think it is going to happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel like the AC games ARE artistic.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well ac1 was and with that the overall story of the templer-assassin fight. it got a lot of money so after that it was more: what do the gamers want? more diversity, easier gameplay, multi-player, more weapons, a costumize element etc. not that it is bad, its just not really mind blowing.

dxsxhxcx
11-09-2011, 08:15 AM

if that's the case then why Desmond seems to need to find a specific person?! At least that's what I understood of his conversation with Juno, if everyone is a descendant of Eve then the only thing he needs to do is pick a random person in the street and do whatever TWCB want him to do... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which is my very point. If he had to find a descendant of Eve it'd make no sense since basically everyone is one.
Besides, Juno said he needs to find Eve, not "a descendant of Eve". It's imo is very likely pertaining to the S16 memory we saw a recording of in ACII (The Truth). There's even a S16 sequence in ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, I don't think Desmond was choosed by chance, so they might be after a specific person in the modern days because of what some of her ancestors did in the past and the knowledge they obtained...

I hope we don't need to go after THE Eve (the one we saw with Adam in the truth video), because this would involve time travel, and I don't want this to happen, and go after her remains also wouldn't be cool in my opinion...

LightRey
11-09-2011, 08:17 AM
well, I don't think Desmond was choosed by chance, so they might be after a specific person in the modern days because of what her ancestors did in the past and the knowledge they obtained...

I hope we don't need to go after THE Eve (the one we saw with Adam in the truth video), because this would involve time travel, and I don't want this to happen, and go after her remains also wouldn't be cool in my opinion...
I think he just needs to access that memory involving Eve. I think that makes way more sense than looking for some random person in the Modern-day bit.

Skuldpt
11-09-2011, 11:14 AM
When I come from school I'll make a draw/comic of what I would like to see on the series!

Skuldpt
11-09-2011, 11:47 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif
And I proud of you sig! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BK-110
11-09-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm all for a female main character for an Assassin's Creed game. I tend to play as female characters if I have the choice, anyway (even though I am a guy). But I have to say that I would prefer that to happen after Desmond's story. While Desmond living the memories of a female ancestor would probably be justifiable in the story, it would just feel a slight bit weird.

I would love a female ancestor if the person in the Animus were female as well. I would be especially interested in a game with Shao Jun, the Chinese Assassin from Embers, as I love her design.

Skuldpt
11-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Quick sketch, going to improve after dinner:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ls5jc8crn5k/TrriQEpaEMI/AAAAAAAAAaM/aA_4zk2oago/s512/assassin%252520girl%252520prototype.PNG

What y'a think? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

thekarlone
11-09-2011, 01:47 PM
I like the picture, but I don't want a female main assassin.

Oatkeeper
11-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I think a female ancestor would be a wonderful addition to the series. Females in games have a history for being objectified, among other things, and Ubisoft has done fairly well with their females in this franchise. Its an opportunity that I think they should jump at, as long as they dont pull a Metriod: Other M.

I very much enjoyed the smuggler in Brotherhood MP. Her character was well defined through her shady and swift appearance and in actions which where delightfully on the more brutish side of the female characters (Uppercut with the hidden blade through the jaw).

indulgence82
11-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Personally I'm not really in favor of a female lead ancestor for Desmond but I'm not against a female lead. Keep in mind Desmond needs to find the other chosen one which should be a woman. The story does not have to just be told from Desmond's point of view. Also it's quite possible this might be more in line with a spinoff AC game to keep the series going after the Desmond storyline eventually concludes. I don't mean to come across sexist but I prefer realism in this historical adventure. It's unlikely a female of note would not be in some sort of historical records like Joan of Arc was. So if this idea was done I'd hope they'd be conscious of a reason the heroine isn't known. There are countless ways to do so: dressing masculine, keeping her identity secret, pretending she's working under someone else to deflect notoriety, never allowing even her allies to see her face etc. Honestly it sounds like a more interesting game as well because it would allow the character to lead a double life which would allow more political intrigue in a less hostile manor at times. Not all subterfuge has to be in the shadows sometimes verbal subterfuge can be interesting as well.

LightRey
11-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by indulgence82:
Personally I'm not really in favor of a female lead ancestor for Desmond but I'm not against a female lead. Keep in mind Desmond needs to find the other chosen one which should be a woman. The story does not have to just be told from Desmond's point of view. Also it's quite possible this might be more in line with a spinoff AC game to keep the series going after the Desmond storyline eventually concludes. I don't mean to come across sexist but I prefer realism in this historical adventure. It's unlikely a female of note would not be in some sort of historical records like Joan of Arc was. So if this idea was done I'd hope they'd be conscious of a reason the heroine isn't known. There are countless ways to do so: dressing masculine, keeping her identity secret, pretending she's working under someone else to deflect notoriety, never allowing even her allies to see her face etc. Honestly it sounds like a more interesting game as well because it would allow the character to lead a double life which would allow more political intrigue in a less hostile manor at times. Not all subterfuge has to be in the shadows sometimes verbal subterfuge can be interesting as well.
There has been no mention of any "Chosen One". Desmond simply needs to find "her" (likely referring to Eve).

Oatkeeper
11-09-2011, 02:07 PM
also I'm hearing a lot of people saying they don't want anything to "girly". Am I the only fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic here?

I only bring this up because while they show is indeed intended for girls, the well designed cast of characters make the show fun and enjoyable for anyone. And has made it a cultural phenomenon with a sizable adult male fanbase that Hasbro now caters too.

LightRey
11-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
also I'm hearing a lot of people saying they don't want anything to "girly". Am I the only fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?
Yes. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

YuurHeen
11-09-2011, 02:10 PM
well if it is a female she should just wear a assassin robe as well mostly covering her like the males instead of a lot of cleavage.

Oatkeeper
11-09-2011, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
also I'm hearing a lot of people saying they don't want anything to "girly". Am I the only fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?
Yes. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Ill admit it takes a certain maturity level to try something like this out, but the payout is one of the most well written TV shows in the past few years with by far one of the most endearing casts.

My point is that trying to make a female character a more "girly" character is not entirely a bad thing. the bad thing is letting yourself fall into the traps that makes a lot of people discredit such things.

LightRey
11-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
Yes. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Ill admit it takes a certain maturity level to try something like this out, but the payout is one of the most well written TV shows in the past few years with by far one of the most endearing casts.

My point is that trying to make a female character a more "girly" character is not entirely a bad thing. the bad thing is letting yourself fall into the traps that makes a lot of people discredit such things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure you're right. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Skuldpt
11-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Yes. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif But take a glomp! http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

Silvermoth
11-10-2011, 02:16 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing female assassins. It makes sense.

LightRey
11-10-2011, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Silvermoth:
I'm looking forward to seeing female assassins. It makes sense.
We've already seen plenty, just none that were the main protagonist (of the historical part of the game).

ShAd0wC4t
11-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by YuurHeen:

I didn't even mention I wanted an artistic game. Is self expression always about art? Nope. I agree with Jexx21 though. There is definitely artistic talent in the AC series. (The architectural design for instance...? I think some people forget that 3D graphics is an art medium)

On the topic of making her a lesbian that would be an extremely hard thing for them to pull off, but then again why not make her asexual instead? Hmm. How's that for a slap in the face of society?

EDIT: I just remembered that there has to be descendents from her, so I thought a little longer on the asexual idea and thought this little bit up...
She could originally have been married off young, forced to give birth, and has been desensitized ever since on the whole subject of "romance and love". There could be an epic escape from her life of enslavement where she then joins a band of gypsies.... Or something. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

@Oatkeeper http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif No. If I want what you suggest I would find an anime rpg.. or play FFXIII.. maybe even get around to FFX-2 (haha jk)

Originally posted by indulgence82:
I don't mean to come across sexist but I prefer realism in this historical adventure. It's unlikely a female of note would not be in some sort of historical records like Joan of Arc was. So if this idea was done I'd hope they'd be conscious of a reason the heroine isn't known.

That's kind of what I was thinking.

Ahem.. she could totally be a gypsy...

Sparty2020
11-11-2011, 06:16 PM
The only strong, dependable female characters in gaming I know of are Elina, Alyx Vance, and maybe Commander Shepard. Samus lost all accountability after Other M. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif Even counting her, Samus is the only real female main character as Shepard is a maybe. Elina and Alyx, despite the heaps and loads of praise Sony and Valve have gotten for them, remain secondary characters who support the male protagonist.

I personally do not want Desmond replaying a female. It is far too weird. But if there were a female protagonist replaying her female assassin's memories I am 100% in favor. It would add more variety to the mix.

I like the descendant of Eve idea, thing to remember is that while the AC series pays its respects to the Old Testament and many religions, the series (thankfully!) does not follow the horse crap that everybody is a direct descendant of a single couple. Considering how rare it is for people to have Eagle Vision during the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, and modern times I'd say that finding descendants of Adam and Eve are alot harder than one would think.

Chronomancy
11-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Just bring Lightning into this game, there's your female assassin hands down.

monarcasmoreli
11-11-2011, 10:11 PM
She look like this two pictures or like Lara croft version maybe
https://forums.playfire.com/_proxy/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimg828.imageshack.us%2Fimg828%2F 368%2Fassassinscreedindiabyme.jpg&hmac=b843ad07421667cf456cefb6a170372c

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/044/2/2/assassins_creed_wallpaper_by_kaffemustasj-
d39hd1i.jpg

https://forums.playfire.com/_proxy/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimg706.imageshack.us%2Fimg706%2F 3889%2Fplayfirethemewallassass.jpg&hmac=7bd0f2f8576becd5faa7e30d53193adc

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101207021052/assassinscreed/images/7/77/Courtesan_gear.jpg

Sparty2020
11-11-2011, 10:26 PM
The girl in the second picture is sexy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif wouldn't mind playing with her for a bit (yes, pun intended http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif ) I don't see the fear people have that Ubi will make a super-sexy assassin to appeal to the male demographic. I admit, I doubt they'll have a deformed 300 pound 4'10 old woman with a hunchback as a protagonist but I doubt we'll get anything more sexualized than the Dama Rossa. The smuggler wears loose, unappealing clothing; the thief wears rags and clothing associated with poverty; even the courtesan is dressed like a respectable woman... at least by modern standards.

Moultonborough
11-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
Just bring Lightning into this game, there's your female assassin hands down.

That's funny I was just about to suggest that. I loved Lighting plus for a video game character kinda hot. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ShAd0wC4t
11-13-2011, 03:09 PM
@monarcasmoreli
Wow at the second pic. Hey I never said sexy was bad, it just depends on the definition of sexy. Like prostitution, I don't find that sexy, but a lotta guys do! That second picture is very tasteful and well stylized.

Yeah, and no they better not put Tomb Raider, or "Lightning" in AC. Why would they want to copy another game?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

It's got to be Assassin's Creed, and no other game!

Hey for the next people posting pics PLEASE SIZE THEM DOWN. It's been irritating trying to load this page.

Moultonborough
11-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by ShAd0wC4t:
ARGH! This post was a glitch.

So delete it. Anyway none of us are saying actually put Lighting in AC more like a Assassin with her attitude. She was just pure bad-*** unlike Hope who I wish I could have killed. But I would like a Assassin who just does her job and no complaining or questioning it.

Toki Wartoooth
11-13-2011, 03:40 PM
If Shao Jun is the next protagonist, PLEASE MAKE HER DEFAULT ROBES WHITE AGAIN!!!

Based on all recent images of assassins like Ezio and Shao Jun, the white robes have strayed into grey or black. I LOVE the white robes because the feel unique. The black robes feel like they've been done. To death.

ShAd0wC4t
11-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
ARGH! This post was a glitch.

So delete it. Anyway none of us are saying actually put Lighting in AC more like a Assassin with her attitude. She was just pure bad-*** unlike Hope who I wish I could have killed. But I would like a Assassin who just does her job and no complaining or questioning it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that! I didn't know how to. I probably should have looked. I probably shouldn't have capped my request to size down the pictures too. Eh..

Well, see when they said "put this game character into the game" that's automatically what I thought. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

If it's at all possible do you think you could change the sizes of your pictures so it doesn't hurt others' browsers?