PDA

View Full Version : Animated Set Problems

The1337PhantomI
12-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Hello everybody, I am currently having problems with ChessMaster 11. For some reason my animated sets stopped being animated. let me put this in easier words: When I move any of my animated pieces they don't walk or do any of those animated extras. I think that I have some option turned off; but I looked around everywhere and I'm not sure what it is.

-Another question I have is: Are there any options for video settings like changing the ingame resolution?

CrUeL_KNIGHTS
12-28-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't know really, never experienced such problem, but try going preference and then board setting and change the settings in it.

To change resolution Right click anywhere inside CM 11 go to Layout click load and select the resolution and hit save.
Have you ever had animated chess set fighting in the first place? Or has it always been like this without the pieces fighting?

The1337PhantomI
12-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Yes it used to be animated then one time I exited out and went back in and it wasn't animated. I tried everything in board settings including piece movement and for some reason nothing changed that.

-O and about the resolution can I download a "1280 by 1024?" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

CrUeL_KNIGHTS
12-29-2007, 08:31 PM
You can create a new profile or try reinstalling the game or reparing it through control panal----> Add Remove programs there go to chessmaster and you may try and choose what you want from reinstallation to repairing and aso removing.
I don't know about the 1280 by 1024 resolution download it works with some other games like pro evolution soccer 2008 but im not very sure about Chessmaster.

CrUeL_KNIGHTS
12-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Actually there is a 1280 x 1024. I just checked in the list of resolutions http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Click on layout save then go to 1280 x 1024 and then select save. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

The1337PhantomI
12-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks, I got the resolution going good; don't know why I didn't see it at first. And about that animated problem it still isn't right; I also have ChessMaster 10th edition and it has the same problem with the animation when moving.

-For some reason on both editions (10 and 11) I don't see the ChessMaster personality; the highest person there is Josh... Any Idea why?

CrUeL_KNIGHTS
12-30-2007, 04:49 PM
What is your processor and graphic card?

Have you tried updating your latest graphic card drivers?
How much RAM have you got?

Do you play any others games apart from Chessmaster, do you notice any problems with them, if so what are they, are they similar to the problems you experience with chessmaster?

Try installing the game on another computer, just incase to see whether the CD is faulty.

The1337PhantomI
12-30-2007, 05:28 PM
I got a Intel multiprocessor so I'm sure that's not the problem, my graphics card is updated. I got 1GB of RAM and I played a bunch of graphic requiring games like for example: Tomb Raider: 10th Anniversary, Call of Duty 4, Counter Strike, Need for Speed Carbon, FEAR, etc. at high resolution and usually the best quality possible.

-O and about the personality; on Fun play I can only choose personality, not grandmaster or any custom players; but on training I could choose everything but some people are missing; for example I noticed they don't have the monkey Stanley on training mode lol. Is this supposed to happen; or is there something wrong with it. I don't think its the problem with the processor or graphics card; because everything looks how its supposed to but are there any options which I am missing; because I do not see them?

I could post some images if you need them...

CrUeL_KNIGHTS
12-30-2007, 06:39 PM
This is absolutely normal! On fun play its aimed at kids as you can see all the personalities are between age 6-18.

The grandmaster, customs and winboard are greyed out. I don't have Grandmasters too on fun play, nor do I have the customs and winboard.
But if you play training or rated play you will have all of the personalities. As you can see on fun play it starts with the animated rabbits which has sound effects of kids and its whole interface is made out of a cartoon style design.

About the animated pieces not fighting, try contacting UBI technical support, they may have more information on fixing this issue.

mlegein
01-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I have the same problem. The 3D animations worked yesterday but no longer. It's as if something turned them off and I can't figure out how to get them back. I reported it to ubisoft.

mlegein
01-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I heard back from Ubisoft. They told me to post on the forum. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

CrUeL_KNIGHTS
01-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Why don't you make a windows system restore from the day which chessmaster was working and see if that helps. Or create a new chessmaster profile. And see if that solves the problem or alternatively update your latest graphic card drivers.

mlegein
01-22-2008, 08:24 AM
For some unknown reason, it started working again.

CrUeL_KNIGHTS
01-22-2008, 11:52 AM
What did you do recently that made it start working again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif