PDA

View Full Version : OT: Time for a new system

VonKlugermon
07-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Well, "Old Faithful" finally decided to bite the dust...time for an upgrade! Here's what I'll be working on for the next couple of paychecks:

Standard Aluminum Case
1000 Watt Modular Power Supply
EVGA nVidia Nforce 680I SLI
Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme X6700 2.66ghz
Water Cooling Kit
4 GB Corsair RAM
2 nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768mb video cards
Creative Labs X-Fi Fata1ity sound card
Raid 0 setup
2 Seagate 500 GB 16mb cache Sata 2 drives
Sony 16X DVD-ROM
Lite-On 20X DVD+-RW w/Lightscribe
Flash Media/Floppy Drives
Windows Vista Ultimate
Viewsonic VX2255 22" monitor

I'm keeping my Klipsch surround sound set-up from my old system, along with a few other items.

What do you guys think? Will it handle Olegs upcoming masterpiece?

Willy

raaaid
07-13-2007, 05:13 PM
wow how scarry by the title i thought it would be political

how about a system without money, how is called in english exchange things or just working free for each other?

ploughman
07-13-2007, 05:14 PM
If that can't handle "Der Kanalkampf!" then we're all screwed, including Mr. Maddox.

Wot yer rekon that'll set yer bak then? Eh?

VonKlugermon
07-13-2007, 05:27 PM
I suppose I could barter with the suppliers, but I don't think I have anything to trade! (Maybe some electrical work or tomatoes from the garden?!) I figure anywhere from 2-5 grand, depending on how my pocket-book holds up, I may have to lower my expectations!

Willy

VW-IceFire
07-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Big price drop and new Core 2 Duo models are due at the end of July. If you can wait a week or two then you can either get a really good deal on that current CPU or get something a tiny bit faster (maybe). More for the deal...prices are supposed to drop big time on the current quad cores.

raaaid
07-13-2007, 05:31 PM
my system is 5 years old and i hope to run bob with it, well maybe change graphic card

VonKlugermon
07-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Big price drop and new Core 2 Duo models are due at the end of July. If you can wait a week or two then you can either get a really good deal on that current CPU or get something a tiny bit faster (maybe). More for the deal...prices are supposed to drop big time on the current quad cores.

I might just do that, though right now I'm on a laptop and that just can't hack IL2 or anything else for that matter! I need my flying fix!

Willy

WOLFPLAYER2007
07-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by raaaid:
my system is 5 years old and i hope to run bob with it, well maybe change graphic card

Probally will, mine is 2 (aquired in late 2005) and im sure that will handle it, all i have to do is just upgrade video card and put some more memory here (my pc have 2gb currently) just to get faster loading times.

no need to have a rocket inside your room, in fact, people here are obssesed with this.

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-13-2007, 07:18 PM
It'd better.