PDA

View Full Version : Why won't my CherryBlossom Attach to the Betty?

Destroyer110
06-15-2005, 11:10 PM
I've set a single waypoint for the cherryBlossom and SET the the nearby Betty as the TARGET but when I go to play the scenario, both planes are flying seperately?

The betty has 3 waypoints, the second being the groundAttack point, while the first is where I'm trying to attach my CherryBlossom.

Any help?

Thanks

Papa_K
06-16-2005, 01:13 AM
Wine and dine her.

Tooz_69GIAP
06-16-2005, 01:28 AM
To attach the Okha to the mother, you have to set one waypoint, and one waypoint only for the Okha, and then set it's target as the mothership.

Then you assign a ground attack waypoint for the mothership, and when the combination approach this waypoint, the Okha will automatically detach from the mother and fly towards the target indicated by the waypoint.

Destroyer110
06-17-2005, 12:00 AM
ok, I got it working .. only after deleting the scenario and starting again.

But now I've found 2 more problems.

(1) Betty releases ohka NOT on the Betty's Ground attack waypoint BUT on the previous waypoint???

(2) Ohka doesn't sink aircraft carriers!?? unless the Essex is different from the rest? (made of titanium)

.. still testing.

Tooz_69GIAP
06-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Well, the Okha needs a bit of distance for it to fly to it's target. I haven't tested it, but I'm assuming that the Okha is released at the waypoint just before the GATTACK waypoint, and then flies towards the GATTACK waypoint.

If it was released right on top of the target you want to hit, it would have to fall like a conventional bomb.

You will notice that when you set up AI bombers to bomba target they release the bombs, not on the GATTACK waypoint, but slightly before, as the bombs will sail forwards through the air so they hit the target, instead of overshooting.