PDA

View Full Version : ACB Endings: mild spoilers

JohnConnor2012
09-10-2010, 06:35 PM
If ACB is supposed to be the conclusion of Ezio's story, is it also the conclusion of Ezio?

If it starts with him assuming control of the Assassins Guild with the death of his uncle, Mario, is it unreasonable to speculate it'll end with someone in the guild Ezio has re/built assuming control from Ezio upon his death?

Pretty unlikely, I'd have thought, that he gets to retire quietly or go on living hundreds of years in obscurity with the assistance of a PoE. If he's going to die with his boots on, who will kill him (odds on, in or near the Vatican itself) and who will become the new guildmaster?

Pretty good arguments the successor must be in the Altair-Ezio-Desmond bloodline, but if so, over how many years will ACB run (AC2 was half Ezio's lifetime) or will the successor be one of Ezio's youthful by-blows (Rosa, of the Venetian thieves guild, seems best bet as mother), a 'special' Guild recruit?

Of course, if this has all been discussed before, post the link below and we can continue the discussion there.

primerib69
09-10-2010, 06:37 PM
not the end of ezio. Lost legacy takes placce after brotherhood. thats probably going to be the end

X10J
09-10-2010, 06:50 PM
We can't see Ezio die because he has to pass his genes to Desmond first. Also I don't think the game will follow to much more of Ezio's life, otherwise they'd have trouble explaining why it took so long for him to concieve Desmond's great to the x power grand parent.

JohnConnor2012
09-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks, X10J, but the suggestion is that Ezio may well have already concieved a son to carry on the bloodline but just doesn't know it yet. He puts it about a bit in AC2 - and presumably without much thought of safe sex...

What Primerib69 wrote set me searching the forum for 'Lost Legacy'. Pretty much nothing, but it is on Wikipedia, Ezio surviving his time in Rome to explore Altair's legacy at Masayaf - on the XBox anyway. Oh well, so much for that...

BTW (and hopefully not too OT), also confirmed--as far as Wikipedia can confirm anything--that AC3 won't be set in WW2 and my personal favourite, amongst the Peoples Will in 19th century Russia, is also out as the comic trilogy will be about assassin Nikolai Oralov taking on Templar czar Nicholas III around 1905.

DeafAtheist
09-10-2010, 07:04 PM
I gotta agree with what others have said, I don't think Ezio will die at the end of ACB even if that's the last time Desmond utilizes his memories in the Animus. Personally with AC3 I'd love it if Ubisoft had Desmond access the memories of a female assassin in his lineage. This would provide an interesting concept of a male accessing memories of a female ancestor and could make for some amusing dialog between Desmond and the others (Lucy, Rebecca, Shaun).

Another thing I'd love to see is a prequel series with Subject 16 instead of Desmond. If Ubisoft did that they could bring back Altair and Ezio again. It would be interesting to play sequences where Subject 16 was so drastically affected by the Bleeding Effect that he accessed ancestor memories without the aid of the Animus.

souNdwAve89
09-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by primerib69:
not the end of ezio. Lost legacy takes placce after brotherhood. thats probably going to be the end

Yeah, that is probably right since a lot of gaming sites say that "The story will find Ezio traveling east to the Assassins' former city of Masyaf, where he will discover the origins of the Assassin's Order, with possible connections to Alta´r's story from the first Assassin's Creed". Lost Legacy is a Nintendo 3DS game for those wondering. I can't be after AC2 because AC: B starts off where AC2 left off... literally. Since in the Dev Diary 2, it shows Ezio in the Vault. The chances of it being somewhere in the middle of AC: B is possible hence the "Lost Legacy" title.

I think Lost Legacy starting off where AC: B makes the most sense. It is because in AC: B, Ezio is rebuilding the assassin order to how powerful it was back in AC1. And Ezio traveling to Masyaf to learn more on the history of the order will give him advice to become the next grand master.

EzioAssassin51
09-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by JohnConnor2012:
Thanks, X10J, but the suggestion is that Ezio may well have already concieved a son to carry on the bloodline but just doesn't know it yet. He puts it about a bit in AC2 - and presumably without much thought of safe sex...

Impossible. We would have to stray from him into the woman like we did with Altair.

I doubt Altair knew he impregnated Maria. The knowledge of the guy wouldn't affect the fact he's concieved a child.

Account_Deleted
09-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by primerib69:
\BAHHHH o_o
they're releaseing a game called AC:Lost legacy?

souNdwAve89
09-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Yup, on the Nintendo 3DS... like I said above.

LaCava1
09-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Well, I have a feeling Ezio's dear friend Leonardo will die within this game. He dies in 1519, so it depends how long this game goes on for. And Leonardo should be around 50 in this game, because he dies at the age of 67... Yet I have a feeling his appearance won't change. Look at me, rambling on about da Vinci...

Oatkeeper
09-10-2010, 10:58 PM
riddle me this: How can memories of one person exist past the time the next ancestor is conceived (think Altair dream sequance).

.... exatcly

Stormpen
09-10-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't get that either. If Altair's child had just been concieved, how would he/ she have any memories at all? After all, he/ she is just a fetus. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Or maybe that's why the 'dream' ends by fading into black.

DeafAtheist
09-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
Well, I have a feeling Ezio's dear friend Leonardo will die within this game. He dies in 1519, so it depends how long this game goes on for. And Leonardo should be around 50 in this game, because he dies at the age of 67... Yet I have a feeling his appearance won't change. Look at me, rambling on about da Vinci...

Who knows. Ubisoft doesn't strictly follow history. They use quite a bit of dramatic license when creating the stories around actual historic events. So they could very well change the date or circumstances of DaVinci's death.

DeafAtheist
09-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Stormpen:
I don't get that either. If Altair's child had just been concieved, how would he/ she have any memories at all? After all, he/ she is just a fetus. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

The point with the dream conception sequence is that the child conceived would not share any genetic memories of the ancestor's life after the child's conception because all of that would have happened after the child's conception and therefore would not have been genetically passed to that child... perhaps to the next one if the ancestor had another.

The issue isn't about the fetus's memories but rather the genetic memories embedded in their DNA. Besides, just because one can't recall their life in their mother's womb before birth or their infancy, the events could still be retained in the person's memory and you gotta think of the Animus as like a microscope for memories that is capable of recalling details of a person's life that even if they were still alive might not remember. This explains why Desmond was able to experience Ezio's birth in the beginning of AC2 even tho humans don't remember their own births.

This is why we'll never see an ancestor controlled by Desmond die unless he is witnessing the death thru the eyes of that ancestor's offspring.

Oatkeeper
09-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Stormpen:

you completely missed the point. memories end when the next ancestor is concieved because the genetic base has no memories of what happened after it was seperated from the last ancestor.

but to answer your question, I would consider that a "blank period" where memories do not exist because there is no developed mind or body to experience them.

unless ubisoft plans on making us play as a sperm and well... travel its course to fermentation stage... yeah thats not gonna happen...

Stormpen
09-11-2010, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stormpen:

you completely missed the point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was the point?

AubreyWilborn
09-11-2010, 12:48 PM
MAJOR SPOILER BELOW:

I read online, from someone claiming to be an Ubisoft employee, that Ezio DOES die, but that his death is witnessed by his SON. So, Ezio DOES have a son in Brotherhood. The dude wouldn't say if Ezio dies from old age, or if he gets killed.

Assassin_M
09-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Yeah Its probably the best bet and I agree with the previous post that says that AC lost legacy Occurs in Brotherhood just like AC Discovery takes place within the story of AC II, and probably Ezio wont be killed just dies of old age and u get to play a small portion with his son, cuz if Ezio gets killed UBI will just repeat the same thing that happened in AC II so i dont think he will be killed .... Besides who would kill a person who is better that circus performer and is 40 years old !!!!!!! if u get my meaning

DeafAtheist
09-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
MAJOR SPOILER BELOW:

I read online, from someone claiming to be an Ubisoft employee, that Ezio DOES die, but that his death is witnessed by his SON. So, Ezio DOES have a son in Brotherhood. The dude wouldn't say if Ezio dies from old age, or if he gets killed.

I would doubt the accuracy of that. EVERY employee on a project would have signed non-disclosure agreements. I have a buddy online who is a game tester for Ubisoft and although he's tested games long before I got a chance to play them he has NEVER given me any inside information. The most he's told me is that he tested Splinter Cell Conviction and he said it was a very good game. I haven't talked to him lately tho so I don't know if he's working on ACB or not.

So a Ubisoft employee telling people something like that would be a major game spoiler and they could be fired for disclosing something like that before the game even launches.

The only way we could witness Ezio's death is if Desmond was accessing the memories of another ancestor and I doubt the next ancestor Desmond access will be Ezio's son because that wouldn't really add anything new to the story using a direct descendant. There's like 400 years of history between Altair and Ezio. So it makes little sense that Ubisoft would have Desmond access a direct descendant for AC3 and it's unlikely that they would have him access Ezio's son simply to witness Ezio's death.

masterfenix2009
09-11-2010, 11:31 PM
I doubt he will die, because Ezio has a knack for avoiding death. First, he gets stabbed by the orsi in the stomach and almost bled to death. Then he gets stabbed by rodrigo,but somehow [probably Altairs armour] he gets back up again.

FranklinWalker
09-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Ezio's story
Ezio's story? ok i am checkinghttp://www.free123.net/sig/25/smile.gif

tyrce111
09-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Ezio could have concieved a child and still be in desmonds memories as long as the baby wasnt a decendant of desmond...
HELL, Ezio probably had hundreds of kids at the rate he was going...

DeafAtheist
09-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
Ezio could have concieved a child and still be in desmonds memories as long as the baby wasnt a decendant of desmond...
HELL, Ezio probably had hundreds of kids at the rate he was going...

True. Say for example Ezio had 2 sons, Desmond would only be a descendant of one of them, not both so if he's not the descendant of the 1st one he wouldn't share any memories with that one.

JohnConnor2012
09-12-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't know how much we can rely on this 'zeroing in on conception' effect anyway.

Altair doing his bit for the lineage only features in AC2, after all. Is this because Asbergos' animus is wonkier than the assassins', because Ubi were sweating about ratings (mild sex + violence) in AC but got bolder in AC2, or something only our resident geneticists know about?

I don't think Ubi are obliged to include a 'zeroing in' cutscene in the relevant episode and suggest that if it (heir conception) has already happened in AC2, they deliberately didn't include it to keep storylines open.

I only suggested the Venetian thieves guild gal above as someone, somewhere else suggested this was implied in the 'Assassins Creed: Renaissance' book. If that was a bum steer, maybe we'll be privileged to access the appropriate cutscene in ACB instead.