PDA

View Full Version : holy cow!! my new 6800 GT



nigel28
07-23-2004, 07:56 AM
ok, I know some of you are tired about hearing about the new 6800's. Well I broke down and bought one yesterday. I wanted to post the difference that I saw with the card. First, system specs below

P4 3.2HT
1GB pc2700 ram(I know its slow but its dual channeled!!)
Augidy 2 sound card
Maxtor 60 GB ATA 133
Zalman 7000AICU CPU cooling fan
and of course PNY 6800GT running at stock 350/1.0 and with 61.76 drivers

Ok, now before my graphics card was an EVGA 5900 256MB ULTRA....not a bad card, but I didnt realize how slow it was until I got this card. I used 3Dmark03 and Aquamark3 as my benchmarks....(note I have used no overclocking...this is just stock everything)

3Dmark03
old card: 6450
new card: 10760

Aquamark3
old card: 29534
new card: 59690

see the diff yet?? no settings changed...just the card and only the card..same drivers, system, benchmark settings, etc....

as for the game, I can run everything maxed out, and I mean completely maxed out perfectly...no hiccups, stutters, etc..and I tested it with a grueling 12 bomber, 16 fighter, bad weather fight over AA fire with tracers, rockets, bullets, fragments, explosions, lighting strikes, rain, shadows, everywhere...still topping at above 35 FPS..that was the absolute minimum I got...I also benchmarked it on the black death track...unbelievable...you have got to get oen of these cards!!!

of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

nigel28
07-23-2004, 07:56 AM
ok, I know some of you are tired about hearing about the new 6800's. Well I broke down and bought one yesterday. I wanted to post the difference that I saw with the card. First, system specs below

P4 3.2HT
1GB pc2700 ram(I know its slow but its dual channeled!!)
Augidy 2 sound card
Maxtor 60 GB ATA 133
Zalman 7000AICU CPU cooling fan
and of course PNY 6800GT running at stock 350/1.0 and with 61.76 drivers

Ok, now before my graphics card was an EVGA 5900 256MB ULTRA....not a bad card, but I didnt realize how slow it was until I got this card. I used 3Dmark03 and Aquamark3 as my benchmarks....(note I have used no overclocking...this is just stock everything)

3Dmark03
old card: 6450
new card: 10760

Aquamark3
old card: 29534
new card: 59690

see the diff yet?? no settings changed...just the card and only the card..same drivers, system, benchmark settings, etc....

as for the game, I can run everything maxed out, and I mean completely maxed out perfectly...no hiccups, stutters, etc..and I tested it with a grueling 12 bomber, 16 fighter, bad weather fight over AA fire with tracers, rockets, bullets, fragments, explosions, lighting strikes, rain, shadows, everywhere...still topping at above 35 FPS..that was the absolute minimum I got...I also benchmarked it on the black death track...unbelievable...you have got to get oen of these cards!!!

of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

leadbaloon
07-23-2004, 08:00 AM
...and the CPU and mobo and RAM and soundcard to go with it.

Maybe one day.

Zayets
07-23-2004, 08:03 AM
I'm glad to see that the code is very good optimized in IL2.Let the prices drop , and I will buy a GT as well http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Zayets out

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Zayets-sigIAR.jpg

nigel28
07-23-2004, 08:18 AM
yeah, the price was a bit steep...all in all when compared to the Ultra the 100 dollar difference was more than suitable for me...but I didnt tell the wife yet!!! shhh.....

tsisqua
07-23-2004, 08:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nigel28:
yeah, the price was a bit steep...all in all when compared to the Ultra the 100 dollar difference was more than suitable for me...but I didnt tell the wife yet!!! shhh.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She will know soon enough.

Just make sure that you get the PC in the settlement. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/784.gif

Tsisqua

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/tsisqua-bird1.JPG

[This message was edited by tsisqua on Fri July 23 2004 at 07:35 AM.]

nigel28
07-23-2004, 09:11 AM
do you think the hours of drueling in front of my monitor, the sudden change in sleep habits, and the fact that everytime my wife kills a bug around the house I start yelling "good kill, hes going to hell!" would give me away??? hehe

Hunter82
07-23-2004, 09:13 AM
step away from the monitor and put the joystick down....go easy man...go easy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nigel28:
do you think the hours of drueling in front of my monitor, the sudden change in sleep habits, and the fact that everytime my wife kills a bug around the house I start yelling "good kill, hes going to hell!" would give me away??? hehe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

==============================
Mudmovers (http://magnum-pc.netfirms.com/mudmovers/index.htm)
ATI Catalyst Beta Tester
Catalyst Feedback (http://apps.ati.com/driverfeedback/)
Catalyst Driver Download (http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html)
Magnum PC (http://www.magnum-pc.com)

==============================

eXtra_Corrosiv
07-23-2004, 09:28 AM
so was your card 499 or 599? because for 399 you could have gotten a faster card, the ati x800 pro. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Athlon 3200+ / 2x512 corsair c2pt 3200LL / radeon X800 Pro / Audigy 2 ZS / WinXP / Saitek X45

Maple_Tiger
07-23-2004, 09:36 AM
I think it's time for another FBAA meeting.

Capt. 361stMapleTiger.
http://img52.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Maple_Tiger/FBAA2.gif
Proud member of the FBAA and Nutty Philosohpy Club.

BPLIzard
07-23-2004, 09:40 AM
I have a 6800 (non GT, non-Ultra) and loving it.

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v147/BPLizard/Lizard/BlitzPig.jpg (http://www.blitzpigs.com)
BLITZPIGS (http://www.blitzpigs.com)

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-23-2004, 09:43 AM
I just built my new rig too and plan on running my benchies tonight. I have already spent a little time playing and see a dramatic difference in the images. I can crank up the res, add high levels of AA and AF with no real frame drop either.

My previous rig was similar to yours as well and included a GF FX 5900Ultra. My new build has an MSI 6800 Ultra. The only thing I really did thus far to check it's performance was to run the blackdeath track.

Thus far, I'm ecstatic

TB

http://www.greatergreen.com/il2

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-23-2004, 09:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eXtra_Corrosiv:
so was your card 499 or 599? because for 399 you could have gotten a faster card, the ati x800 pro. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOT! Look here: http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

http://www.greatergreen.com/il2

nigel28
07-23-2004, 09:52 AM
actually, it was only 399...I know I probably could've found it cheaper on the net, but I wanted to get out to the store and pick it up immediately!!!

Aaron_GT
07-23-2004, 09:53 AM
How much do you want for the 5900 Ultra, then?

Jumoschwanz
07-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Pretty soon the video cards will be so powerful all we will have to do is hook a monitor, keyboard and hard drive up to them and that will be the whole computer.

Jumoschwanz

nigel28
07-23-2004, 10:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aaron_GT:
How much do you want for the 5900 Ultra, then?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

100 bucks?? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifI got a p4 2.5 that I will bundle together for $200 total. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CorporalTunnel
07-23-2004, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:
Pretty soon the video cards will be so powerful all we will have to do is hook a monitor, keyboard and hard drive up to them and that will be the whole computer.

Jumoschwanz<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


Ya, no kidding. A friend of mine still runs an old Gateway 600MHZ PIII with 384MB RAM system. He can play most of the games albeit at very low settings. I just got my X800 Pro (flashed bios to XT Platinum Edition) and it runs at 550MHZ with 256MB RAM. My video card alone just about beats his machine.

BPLIzard
07-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Snapped this pic.

http://www.blitzpigs.com/photos/schweeet.jpg

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v147/BPLizard/Lizard/BlitzPig.jpg (http://www.blitzpigs.com)
BLITZPIGS (http://www.blitzpigs.com)

Capt.LoneRanger
07-23-2004, 01:10 PM
What FPS do you get in perfect mode, BPLIzard ?

I'm trying to find somebody to sell me a 6800 GT, but nVidia cannot build the cards as fast as people buy them....

greets
Capt.LoneRanger


Why is 6 afraid of 7? Cause 7 8 9!

Jarza_Death_Man
07-23-2004, 01:17 PM
****, it is so frustrate to wait X800XT PE card to come in my postoffice. Damn i order card 16.6 and still waiting http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/cry.gif
Yes there is X800 Pro, but i want only that http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

BPLIzard
07-23-2004, 01:18 PM
LoneRanger:

I just have the entry level 6800 and it's pumping 40-55 fps average. On heavy action (like in heavy ack ack) it slows down to 20 to 30. I'm seeing details I've never seen before. I used to have a Ti 4600. I can see the reflection of the a/c when it's near the water surface.

This is the one I got from newegg:

6800 (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-130-202&depa=0)

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v147/BPLizard/Lizard/BlitzPig.jpg (http://www.blitzpigs.com)
BLITZPIGS (http://www.blitzpigs.com)

PapaSmurf630
07-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Now try pumping the settings on Lo-mac to full, would be really good if you get nice frame rates on that monster of a game http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I can only dream of getting a machine like yours http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/11.gif

Capt.LoneRanger
07-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, I was looking for this gfx-card, too. It's only a little bit slower than x800 but it's 50 bucks cheaper at least. A very good card for the money. The 20-30 FPS are on *perfect* setting in dense action? That's about twice as fast as mine is.... at least.....

I got an 9800pro, right now, but the red-channel is broken, so the only colors I can see on my screen are blue and yellow (and any greenish mixtures between both). That really sux, LOL.

I was looking for the GT version, but there are not many places in Germany to get them, right now http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

greets
Capt.LoneRanger


Why is 6 afraid of 7? Cause 7 8 9!

[This message was edited by Capt.LoneRanger on Fri July 23 2004 at 01:19 PM.]

TooCooL34
07-23-2004, 01:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BPLIzard:
LoneRanger:

I just have the entry level 6800 and it's pumping 40-55 fps average. On heavy action (like in heavy ack ack) it slows down to 20 to 30. I'm seeing details I've never seen before. I used to have a Ti 4600. I can see the reflection of the a/c when it's near the water surface.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Slows down to 20~30.. that's what I really hate to hear. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Whenever I upgrade my PC, down to 20~30 makes me sad since if fps goes around or below 30, it starts to feel choppy and pleasant flight goes away.
slows down to 20~30 when I got 1800+, GF4ti4200..
slows down to 40 when I got 2500+, 5900xt..I was really happy, but that was short.
Again down to 20~30 with AEP in excellent or high mode. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
What's your other PC spec, BPLizard?
I'm planning to buy 6800GT and your inputs are very informative to me. thanks.
If it slows down to 20~30 in heavy action with perfect mode, I won't buy it.
I think I'm fps neurotic. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/cry.gif

eXtra_Corrosiv
07-23-2004, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thunderbolt56:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eXtra_Corrosiv:
so was your card 499 or 599? because for 399 you could have gotten a faster card, the ati x800 pro. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

_NOT!_ Look here: http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

http://www.greatergreen.com/il2
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have spoken to kyle repeatedly about that. I wouldn't trust the hardocp numbers. most other sites have the ati pro ahead of the 6800 ultra, let alone the gt.

Athlon 3200+ / 2x512 corsair c2pt 3200LL / radeon X800 Pro / Audigy 2 ZS / WinXP / Saitek X45

eXtra_Corrosiv
07-23-2004, 04:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TooCooL34:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BPLIzard:
LoneRanger:

I just have the entry level 6800 and it's pumping 40-55 fps average. On heavy action (like in heavy ack ack) it slows down to 20 to 30. I'm seeing details I've never seen before. I used to have a Ti 4600. I can see the reflection of the a/c when it's near the water surface.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Slows down to 20~30.. that's what I really hate to hear. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Whenever I upgrade my PC, down to 20~30 makes me sad since if fps goes around or below 30, it starts to feel choppy and pleasant flight goes away.
slows down to 20~30 when I got 1800+, GF4ti4200..
slows down to 40 when I got 2500+, 5900xt..I was really happy, but that was short.
Again down to 20~30 with AEP in excellent or high mode. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
What's your other PC spec, BPLizard?
I'm planning to buy 6800GT and your inputs are very informative to me. thanks.
If it slows down to 20~30 in heavy action with perfect mode, I won't buy it.
I think I'm fps neurotic. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/cry.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


with 6 x aa and 8 x af in ogl perf mode with vsynch on,(1280 x 960) I get a steady 60. sometimes on low level rocket runs in the city it drops to 55.

on black death though at one point it drops to 19. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I get exactly the same frame rate from my 6800 ultra. in dx mode with excellent 12 x 9 x 32 6x 16x I get around 80 fps with the 6800u and 120 from the ati x800 pro.

I get weird artifacts in bf42 with the ati though.


I need a thicker cpu though. 3200+ / 400 fsb is not enough

Athlon 3200+ / 2x512 corsair c2pt 3200LL / radeon X800 Pro / Audigy 2 ZS / WinXP / Saitek X45

Capt.LoneRanger
07-23-2004, 04:14 PM
BF is known to not run with AA/AF applied. It's been worse, but it is still far from being solved.

Funny that x800 is faster than 6800, even on DX.

In LOMAC the 6800 is definately faster than x800 and that is native dx!?

greets
Capt.LoneRanger


Why is 6 afraid of 7? Cause 7 8 9!

BPLIzard
07-23-2004, 05:09 PM
PapaSmurf,
strangely enough, I had a reversal of fortune. With my Ti4600 LOMAC ran like ****. I have better results on FB. 80 fps on excellent settings. I have tweaked and modded LOMAC to death. Practically neutered and spayed it to get 30 solid FPS. The default 'Scramble' F15 mission grinds down to a crawl.
But with the 6800 I can ran LOMAC on mideum to high settings with 50-70 FPS on high altitude flights and 40-50 on ground attack missions.
Now I'm getting the lower FPS on FB on perfect mode.

TooCool:
My specs are P4 2.4, 1 Gig 2700 DDR memory, Abit BH7 Mobo 4X AGP with the latest BIOS, Soundblaster 5.1 sound card, Antec 480 Truepower power supply, and the eVGA geforce 6800 card. As you can see, my PC is not exactly top of the line. A squaddie with a better spec and has the GT has better results.

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v147/BPLizard/Lizard/BlitzPig.jpg (http://www.blitzpigs.com)
BLITZPIGS (http://www.blitzpigs.com)

HellToupee
07-23-2004, 05:16 PM
probly because the ti card only has ps1. something shaders, where as the later fx have the 2.0 shaders and 6800 supports up to 3.0, if il2 supports 3.0 it should make it faster http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://lamppost.mine.nu/ahclan/files/sigs/spitwhiners1.jpg

Slechtvalk
07-23-2004, 05:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eXtra_Corrosiv:
I have spoken to kyle repeatedly about that. I wouldn't trust the hardocp numbers. most other sites have the ati pro ahead of the 6800 ultra, let alone the gt.X45<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's bull... I can give more links to sites where the gt or ultra is faster than the 800pro. Just show a few from your sites http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

JaBo_HH-BlackSheep
07-23-2004, 05:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thunderbolt56:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eXtra_Corrosiv:
so was your card 499 or 599? because for 399 you could have gotten a faster card, the ati x800 pro. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

_NOT!_ Look here: http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

http://www.greatergreen.com/il2
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nVidia is heavily involved in Doom3...

http://www.g-c-p.de/sigbib/hh/blacksheep.jpg

WUAF_Badsight
07-23-2004, 06:07 PM
if you have a 6800 or X800 . . . . PLEASE show ous some screenshots !

come on ..... show it off , would love to see more of what they can do

.
__________________________________________________ __________________________
actual UBI post :
"If their is a good server with wonder woman views but historic planesets...let me know!" http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BPLIzard
07-23-2004, 06:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WUAF_Badsight:
if you have a 6800 or X800 . . . . PLEASE show ous some screenshots !

come on ..... show it off , would love to see more of what they can do
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have one on the 1st page otf this thread.

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v147/BPLizard/Lizard/BlitzPig.jpg (http://www.blitzpigs.com)
BLITZPIGS (http://www.blitzpigs.com)

BlackerCardinal
07-23-2004, 06:48 PM
What size PSU are you guys using for the 6800? I have 300 watt installed and have a 400 watt Antec in desk waiting to be installed. Will this work if I decide to upgrade to a 6800 from my TI-4200?

Hunter82
07-23-2004, 07:07 PM
For the GT yes, may be a bit low for the U once you add in all the other items that draw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackerCardinal:
What size PSU are you guys using for the 6800? I have 300 watt installed and have a 400 watt Antec in desk waiting to be installed. Will this work if I decide to upgrade to a 6800 from my TI-4200?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

==============================
Mudmovers (http://magnum-pc.netfirms.com/mudmovers/index.htm)
ATI Catalyst Beta Tester
Catalyst Feedback (http://apps.ati.com/driverfeedback/)
Catalyst Driver Download (http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html)
Magnum PC (http://www.magnum-pc.com)

==============================

HellToupee
07-23-2004, 07:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ToP_BlackSheep:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thunderbolt56:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eXtra_Corrosiv:
so was your card 499 or 599? because for 399 you could have gotten a faster card, the ati x800 pro. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

_NOT!_ Look here: http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

http://www.greatergreen.com/il2
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nVidia is heavily involved in Doom3...

http://www.g-c-p.de/sigbib/hh/blacksheep.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

just how ati is heavily involved in HL2 :P

http://lamppost.mine.nu/ahclan/files/sigs/spitwhiners1.jpg

BlackerCardinal
07-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the reply Hunter. I assume when you said it would work you meant the 400 watt PSU not the 300 watt? I assume the 300 should be thrown away?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hunter82:
For the GT yes, may be a bit low for the U once you add in all the other items that draw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackerCardinal:
What size PSU are you guys using for the 6800? I have 300 watt installed and have a 400 watt Antec in desk waiting to be installed. Will this work if I decide to upgrade to a 6800 from my TI-4200?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

==============================
http://magnum-pc.netfirms.com/mudmovers/index.htm
ATI Catalyst Beta Tester
http://apps.ati.com/driverfeedback/
http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html
http://www.magnum-pc.com

==============================<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hunter82
07-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Yeah I would...well save it as a spare...you can never have too many back up items

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackerCardinal:
Thanks for the reply Hunter. I assume when you said it would work you meant the 400 watt PSU not the 300 watt? I assume the 300 should be thrown away?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hunter82:
For the GT yes, may be a bit low for the U once you add in all the other items that draw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackerCardinal:
What size PSU are you guys using for the 6800? I have 300 watt installed and have a 400 watt Antec in desk waiting to be installed. Will this work if I decide to upgrade to a 6800 from my TI-4200?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

==============================
http://magnum-pc.netfirms.com/mudmovers/index.htm
ATI Catalyst Beta Tester
http://apps.ati.com/driverfeedback/
http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html
http://www.magnum-pc.com

==============================<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

==============================
Mudmovers (http://magnum-pc.netfirms.com/mudmovers/index.htm)
ATI Catalyst Beta Tester
Catalyst Feedback (http://apps.ati.com/driverfeedback/)
Catalyst Driver Download (http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html)
Magnum PC (http://www.magnum-pc.com)

==============================

papote10
07-23-2004, 11:46 PM
i have been running this game with everything maxed out...perfect mode and forest3.
i can not make it look better,it is allready as good as it gets. i fly mostly with a frame rate average of 40fps (and this is for ground attack missions In the big maps, for dog fighting, my frame rates go up to 80+fps

and i only have a p4-2.6 1 gig ram and a 9800 pro. my trick....i run it in windowz 98 :P

wayno7777
07-24-2004, 12:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nigel28:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aaron_GT:
How much do you want for the 5900 Ultra, then?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

100 bucks?? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifI got a p4 2.5 that I will bundle together for $200 total. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nigel, are you serious about $200 for the whole rig? It sure beats my 750 Duron 512mb 133 ram GeForce2 MX400 Compaq. If I have more than 6 planes in the picture it's like hitting an iceage. Just another reason besides 56K why I haven't gone OL yet!

http://img74.photobucket.com/albums/v224/wayno77/FB%20shots/Aircraft/heinkel_219.jpg
Any landing you can walk away from is a good one!

Dawg-of-death
07-24-2004, 01:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by papote10:
i have been running this game with everything maxed out...perfect mode and forest3.
i can not make it look better,it is allready as good as it gets. i fly mostly with a frame rate average of 40fps (and this is for ground attack missions In the big maps, for dog fighting, my frame rates go up to 80+fps

and i only have a p4-2.6 1 gig ram and a 9800 pro. my trick....i run it in windowz 98 :P<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try windows 3.0 its real fast, just not much there. LOL

S~

Bad-MF(Mongrel Fighter) AKA .......Dawg-of-death

Capt.LoneRanger
07-24-2004, 01:26 AM
LOL - yes, papote10, that's what I can do, too.

Infact I get above 40FPS in average and max over 80FPS.

Sure.

Sitting on the ground or flying high, alone.

But if I turn or rotate my view, the textures can't keep up with my movement and over forests, I mean, low, over forests, I get an awesome 8 FPS.

It's not the max FPS I care about, but the minimum. And then, playing online with 12-18 other people is a lot slower than playing QMB-missions, even with MANY targets.
Do you play online, with these maxed settings? Or campaigns? That would be more interesting.

greets
Capt.LoneRanger


Why is 6 afraid of 7? Cause 7 8 9!

Aaron_GT
07-24-2004, 03:13 AM
Check your private topics, nigel28.

papote10
07-24-2004, 11:48 PM
yes, thats really what i was saying...i get averages of 40 fps in complex missions.

the lowest that can really go its 20.. but thats really pushing it and its very rare. i can pan around really smoothly too.

i can be pointing at the ground with columns of vehicles, a few planes on screen attacking the vehicles causing explosions, lots of AAA going on and still get smooth frame rates and i can pan my view from side to side in a fast maner
with forests around me and i still get a smooth frame rate. im serious

i have done a little twaking tho.
my monitor refresh rate its 100mz(vertical sinc off, Anti-Al. at 6x and aniso at 4x.
i have the sound settings in IL2 to minimum.
(sound in the game sucks eader way AND IT DOES TAKE A TOLL)
but i do add some reverb and auto wah in the EAX
control panel wich set to a moderate setting, simulates the sound of the wind.
And last but no least....i run the game in 800x600 wich to me the diference between that and 1024x768 is so small it makes no diference to me.

your processor and/or GPU clearly gets a hit load when you look at forests that will take it down to a bothersom level. take steps to "free"
some processing power
look for little things that will ease the load on the processors. like lower eader/or anti aliasing and aniso filtering down one notch.(the way i have mine still looks great and no jaggies)
lower the sound like i do and compensate with the EAX control panel...it even sounds better than with sound maxed. if you are in win XP or 98 for that matter, look for things that load at windoez start-up in the background that you dont need. go to windows configuration utility and check off things you know you dont need to load at start up. every bit helps. when you add all thos little things it does make a diference.
One last thing.. i use the Open GL DLL from the 3.7 ATI drivers. they work best. im not sure wich are the best drivers for XP but ask around

papote10
07-24-2004, 11:50 PM
sorry.. on line i also get super smooth frame rates

nigel28
07-25-2004, 01:22 PM
well yes, 200 bucks for the processor and card...but no case or anything...just those two components...I didnt think it was a bad deal!!