PDA

View Full Version : Can't get Pacific Fighters to install

GG_BeeKeeper
12-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Need help ! I am having great difficulty trying to install Pacific Fighters. I have uninstalled IL-2 Forgotten Battles several months ago and have made sure I don't have files or folders left over. After following all the steps to install PF I get the PF menu screen and click play. I then get a box with a blue banner saying it cannot find CD-ROM and to insert proper disc. Makes no difference if I leave disc 2 in or switch back to disc 1 and click "OK" because I then get a second box with a blue banner that says PF exe Application Error and inside the box it says The application OXc0000142 failed to initialize properly click to terminate application. I clik and get the PF menu with uninstall or exit as the only option. I have a Desk Top icon and click on it and I get the same 2 boxes popping back up and the same circle of events all over again. I tried to reinstall IL-2 Forgotten Battles Gold Pack to see if I could then get PF to install properly and incountered problems getting IL-2FB Gold Pack installed. Followed all the steps with the 3 discs and then click on play. It then restarts my computer and leaves me at Desk Top. Clicking on this icon I get the same results of restarting my computer and ending up at Desk Top. Any ideas? I rellay would appreciate any help before I go to Tech Support TY in advance

GG_BeeKeeper
12-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Need help ! I am having great difficulty trying to install Pacific Fighters. I have uninstalled IL-2 Forgotten Battles several months ago and have made sure I don't have files or folders left over. After following all the steps to install PF I get the PF menu screen and click play. I then get a box with a blue banner saying it cannot find CD-ROM and to insert proper disc. Makes no difference if I leave disc 2 in or switch back to disc 1 and click "OK" because I then get a second box with a blue banner that says PF exe Application Error and inside the box it says The application OXc0000142 failed to initialize properly click to terminate application. I clik and get the PF menu with uninstall or exit as the only option. I have a Desk Top icon and click on it and I get the same 2 boxes popping back up and the same circle of events all over again. I tried to reinstall IL-2 Forgotten Battles Gold Pack to see if I could then get PF to install properly and incountered problems getting IL-2FB Gold Pack installed. Followed all the steps with the 3 discs and then click on play. It then restarts my computer and leaves me at Desk Top. Clicking on this icon I get the same results of restarting my computer and ending up at Desk Top. Any ideas? I rellay would appreciate any help before I go to Tech Support TY in advance

steve_v
12-30-2005, 05:52 PM
for the PF stand alone "cannot find CD-ROM" error, the answer is here, Ubisoft Solution Center (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=10061&p_created=1099077749&p_sid=3_uGGxsh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29yd D0mcF9yb3dfY250PTQmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1zZWFyY2hfbmw mcF9wcm9kX2x2bDE9ODgmcF9wcm9kX2x2bDI9MTEyOCZwX2Nhd F9sdmwxPSZwX2NhdF9sdmwyPSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=)

I have no idea what could be wrong with the gold pack install.