PDA

View Full Version : Warbirds

DukeAU
09-25-2006, 05:10 AM
hey guys just wondering if any of you ever played the game Warbirds. was like the 1st online combat sim i ever played. graphics were poor but had ac landings and such which was cool back in the day

-HH-Quazi
09-25-2006, 05:23 AM
Back in '96 when I purchased my first computer I played warbirds. That is the game that got me hooked on PC flight games. And up until 2002, I was a MS junkie. Thank God Oeg Maddox developed and released the original IL2 Sturmovik. I have never looked back to any other sim since.

Kernow
09-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Played it for a few years until I got Il-2. IL-2 might be a much better sim, but one thing it lacks compared to WB is ppl prepared to join together in any sort of numbers to carry out some mission, like an airfield strike. Even in a co-op 50% of participants will fox' oscar on some agenda of their own within 10 secs of mission start.

Even somewhere like Spits/109s if I was to call for volunteers to join me for a low-level jabo run on some enemy afld I'd probably wait all night. It's those sort of ad-hoc team missions that I miss from WB.