PDA

View Full Version : QMB Aircraft markings problem

PapaG39
07-30-2005, 06:22 AM
since the last patch (4.01) have noticed that when I do QMB & select axis that even though I have other then a german aircraft selected, & have selected another nations markings ...the German markings always show up on launch...then I have to exit QMB & reselect that other nations markings. then it will show up correctly the second time..

Is there some setting in conf.ini that I can change to insure that the correct nations settings will show up the first time around? Or NOT!..lol
I can live with it, but it is annoying

PapaG39
07-31-2005, 06:08 AM
Has anyone else experienced this?

Platypus_1.JaVA
07-31-2005, 07:47 AM
Rather strange. Are you using anything like Il-2 MAT? if so, you could post this questin on that forum. I've never heard of this before.

Aces_High_2
07-31-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi mate,

Even with IL2-MAT Manager you wouldn't get German markings in place of other Nationalites in the QMB. As you know when they brought out PF they changed the "default" when axis is selected from German to Japanese but selecting other axis nationalities Hungary, Romania, Finland etc. always changes mine to the appropriate national markings. The only exception here is if one has selected to use a markings substitution in IL2-MAT Manager for example Bulgarian markings in place of Slovakian markings but this wouldn't cause German markings to appear as they only appear when Germany is selected according to your preferences for numbering and national markings as set in IL2-MAT Manager.

I cannot think of anything that would explain this. If I have any ideas I'll post here.

Best regards

Aces

PapaG39
07-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah, this is wierd. I do not have mat manager or anything else.
I just do QMB, select a zero, nationality of japan, do zero markings & apply & play...the aircraft shows up with german markings. I then esc & reapply all over again & the japanese markings show up the second time around... I ave never seen this scenario before & can't figure out what could be causing it.

Hiriyu
08-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Which map(s) are you running, PapaG39? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

PapaG39
08-11-2005, 07:36 AM
I am running only the standard default maps

Hoatee
08-12-2005, 06:34 AM
My experience is that, if you are playing the merged version of the game (ie IL2/FB/AEP/PF), it makes a difference which map is used for play. If it's in the ETO, then German markings appear by default on axis planes (true for Smolensk, Moscow, Crimea) and Japanese is on by default if you use the Okinawa or Pacific Islands maps.

The QMB does allow you to save your own missions, in which case all the parameters are saved in the file - including those relevant to skins and (nationality) markings.

Hiriyu
08-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Yep, Hoatee nailed it. That's exactly what I've experienced, hence the map question to PapaG39. So, which map are you trying? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif