PDA

View Full Version : IMAGINE....

JFC_subg
10-15-2004, 07:31 AM
OK, so i was a tad depressed to read the post regarding pirating and the risk that BOB could be under so to boost my morale i just thought i would do some dreaming.....so here goes
and lets hope some dreams come true

IMAGINE a hyper-real switch ?
IMAGINE having to wait for your ground crew to fuel you up and rearm - great interest to online and offline campaigners
IMAGINE soggy engine starts in poor weather or cos you rushed your pre flights, maybe your plane wont start and you have to wait for it to be towed away and get a lift to your next operational plane
IMAGINE when u do get up your undercarriage wont completely retract for no apparrant reason - or maybe you landed hard last time!!!
IMAGINE having to land with ordinance that "got hung", great care required especialy if crash landings had extra factors bult in like too much fuel may mean fire or lots of unused ammo may mean leave plane wreck extra quick!!!
IMAGINE firing a flare to warn of your troubles - would be useful right now for marking targets etc etc
IMAGINE actualy flying a recce mission in a recce plane - hell most pilots did not fly fighters anyway, and having to press a button to take the snap then get it developed back at base and if its good then this can feed into a campaign etc etc. In fact why not make crewable positions in many more non-combat planes, after all most pilots did not fly on fighters alone, you could fly supply, liason, glider tug, hell glider - why not and just imagine the tension and skill required to land a Lysander on a small french field to drop a spy. Now many will say, "well this will be boring and i will be killed" but i say, that with an ever growing number of fliers taking part in serious online campaigns (VEF, Bellum etc etc), these roles start to be far more important to ensure map winning etc, in fact this combat sim could then start to engage a fourth target group of new users - THE STRATAGESTS!!! and thats a whole new market. So we have The gamers, The Dogfighters, The Campaign Fliers and the Stratagests and of course the kind of reluctant combatants, those with a sensitive dispotion shall we say!!! These people would be immersed because the campaigns would rely on them for intel and supplies and their teammates would HAVE to help keep them alive and of course if the X-Ray eye of the current AI was sorted (someone needs to crack the code on that baby) then when they flew for cloud cover it would work - imagine flying that piper L4 into clouds to evade the hunters and getting that intel back to friendly lines
IMAGINE your guns jamming occassionaly for allsorts of reasons, frustrating but very real
IMAGINE cooling off and opening your cockpit and imagine forgetting to close it properly!!
IMAGINE weather fronts (heard that may be in anyway)
HELL, JUST IMAGINE

You may say im a dreamer - but im not the only one... (no offence intended)
S!

p.s. callsign is innaccurate but i cannot seem to be able to change it

civildog
10-15-2004, 11:02 AM
You can always use the wingtip smoke for a targeting flare for your wingman.

Von_Zero
10-15-2004, 11:59 AM
imagine landing a plane on the belly in a field with tall grass or in corn field.... mmmmmmm

JFC_subg
10-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Imagine part2 (the details)
Transport drops - take off heavy, fly, land and return lighter, plane weight can change and so flying is effected
you can choose extra loadage which means extra points but it could be dangerous and all this feeds into campaigns
If you transport drop you hit the button for the doors to open and supplies to be dropped, will need correct flight speed and altitude cos you do not want to damage supplies or spread them too wide, again all could be fed into a campaign and points
Paratroop drop - again you would need to hit the jump switch and hope you got the troops in an effective drop zone but not on top of an AAA battery or a column of enemy trucks, you would get stats of how many troops got to earth and recieve points accordingly
Glider tug pilot - feel the tension as you try to take off with various gliders with percentage weights in them, release at drop point with key command, maybe have to tie in release with glider pilot, again lots of skilled flying requiredfor big points etc and all can feed into campaign
Glider pilot - well this would be crazy, being towed to take off, watch that horizon!!, deliver troops and gear to combat zone and pray for correct release etc etc.In a campaign maybe if you land with all troops in more numbers than enemy then you get a truck home safe and sound, if not lets hope you,ve got a machine gun mod on your bird (DFS often had them) so you can at least shoot up enemy troop trucks and light vehicles. The side that lands the most troops in the best radius (gets like lawn green bowling at this point) wins.
So thats just a few scenarios but i doubt we will ever see one, still there is always hope

NetDaemon
10-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Is this some kind of John Lennon rip-off thread? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
10-21-2004, 08:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NetDaemon:
Is this some kind of John Lennon rip-off thread? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's kind of popular right now...you heard the new "perfect Circle" remake of Imagine?

I like it the more I hear it.

Freefalldart
10-22-2004, 01:02 AM
Imagine we could get PF or FB with in a big box with a printed manual instead those ridiculous pdf (which now come in english on many games independently the language you speak) and paying about 30" or so like in the times of M1 Tank Platoon 2, European Air War or WW2 Fighters.

55+" for a bad plastic box with 1-2 bad quality CDs and a 10 pages "manual" (unacceptable in a sim game) in it?. Man, who are the pirates?.

P.D. I don't support ANY kind of piracy, that's the reason because I'm not going to buy PF or BoB (if BoB hit the shelves finally) and I'm not going to try get them "by other means".