PDA

View Full Version : conviction_game.exe has stopped working

anttonoo
05-07-2010, 12:01 PM
conviction_game.exe has stopped working

No idea what causes it my computer is almost aboved recommended configuration but I'm running on low because of lag. It happends every 20 minutes or so Thanks.

Improvizor
05-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I have this problem too. The game crashes with this message for no reason. I'm using 10.4a drivers.
Bioshock 1 and 2 use the same engine and I get way over 60FPS on those games. There is absolutely no excuse for low performance and crashes. The crashes are so random. I don't even ask for multiplayer. I would be happy if they just fix the crashing so I can finish deniable ops for crying out loud. Then I'll move on to multiplayer if I feel like playing with strangers. But the game just crashes for no reason. Really Ubisoft, how about a response to your faithful customers once in a while. You used to care once.

My specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit
P5q Pro
q6600 3.0Ghz I tried with default 2.4
ASUS HD4850 1Gb
2Gb DDR2 800Mhz

anttonoo
05-08-2010, 05:45 AM
BUMP.

gusterabr
05-08-2010, 05:59 AM
same here guys...=/
need a fix ubi

pay 64,99 to play but i canīt help us

Improvizor
05-08-2010, 10:01 AM
I think this is a memory leak issue. I don't see how it can be anything else.

wlevels
05-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Same problem here.

P5Q Deluxe, E8500, HD4870, Win7 Ultimate x64.

Hope a solution is on the way.

KingKong001
05-08-2010, 01:39 PM
I'd like to add in that, whenever I change my graphic settings or resolution or anything and press back, the Game Launcher just shuts down. I hate this thing and should be removed. When it shuts off I'm back at my desk top or, there won't be a Game Launcher.

dontos
05-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Improvizor:
I think this is a memory leak issue. I don't see how it can be anything else.

What makes you think it's a memory leak and for us non-programmers, what exactly is a memory leak?

I had an issue with frequent, random crashes. I turned out to be cause by overclocking the memory controller on my motherboard from 800 to 1066, even though the memory is rated to run at 1066.

Improvizor
05-09-2010, 07:06 AM
A memory leak is a particular type of memory consumption by a computer program where the program is unable to release memory it has acquired.
A memory leak can diminish the performance of the computer by reducing the amount of available memory. Eventually, in the worst case, too much of the available memory may become allocated and all or part of the system or device stops working correctly, the application fails, or the system slows down unacceptably.

Simply put, Conviction is using too much of your RAM and eventually it wants to use more then you have. That's when the game crashes. The longer you play the more RAM it will use, and you could notice FPS drops before your game crashes. But memory leak behavior is unpredictable, so one day you might be able to play for 2 hours before it crashes, and the next day you might only play for 20 minutes.

dontos
05-09-2010, 09:28 AM
If the game does indeed have a problem releasing memory, rebooting the system periodically should help prevent issues.

I had a crashing problem which sometimes manifested with this error. Memory controller OC was the problem. Changed from 1066 to auto (800) and the problem was gone.

Improvizor
05-09-2010, 10:16 AM
No, a patch would fix the problem. Why would I want to turn off the game, reboot PC and then play again. I can just wait for the game to crash. It's easier. M memory is also set to Auto. I tried everything I could and the game still crashes. A new patch is needed. This one did nothing to fix the big problems.

pjstp20
05-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Same problem here. Crashes at the same point even after resetting PC/game.

Extremely disappointed that I paid 60 for a game that I can't play. Had to stop playing Double Agent b/c of crashes too. Can't say I'm too confident in Ubisoft after these two instances.

Nissanthen
05-10-2010, 10:27 AM
I have the exact same, frustrating problem, I have the latest patch (assuming that the game auto-updates upon execution).

My rig consists of a Intel Q9950 processor@ 3.6 GHz, ATI 4870X2 and
4 GB Ram.

If it was a memory leak wouldn't we experience a enormous drop in frame rates before the game crashes to the desktop?

wlevels
05-10-2010, 10:40 AM
If it was a memory leak wouldn't we experience a enormous drop in frame rates before the game crashes to the desktop?

That's exactly what happens before my game crashes...Framerates drops in the last second and then it crashes...Framerates drop more often ingame, not always resulting in a crash. But if it crashes it just had a drop in framerate.

Improvizor
05-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Well sometimes I do get a noticeable fps drop before the crash. Other times it just crashes for no reason.

Nissanthen
05-10-2010, 02:56 PM
This is getting really frustrating, I have played the game for a couple of hours today and it has crashed on me 8 times now!

secamon
07-13-2010, 04:40 AM
MAN! I can help you.. but only if you have ATI driver.. if you do have one you will need to download ATI CCC (search trough GOOGLE) download THEN UPDATE YOUR DRIVER TO ATI Catalyst 10.4a driver!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! it worked!!!
I was searching for this fix like 48 hours! damn!

secamon
07-13-2010, 04:41 AM
http://www.gamebrood.com/2010/...-more-fix-and-fixes/ (http://www.gamebrood.com/2010/04/29/splinter-cell-conviction-pc-crashes-freezes-errors-ctd-system-validation-error-low-framerate-ubisoft-game-launcher-error-and-more-fix-and-fixes/)