PDA

View Full Version : Screen freeze, loud buzz, computer lockup, crash..Pe2

IVJG51_Animal
06-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Salute everyone,
I know the answer is to read all of the forums, but this subject has been bounced around so much, and I think I've done everything that has been mentioned. So...........help!

Ever since the Pe-2 add-on I've been having trouble with crashes on the FS server. Now it has spread to all DF servers. I haven't had a chance to test offline. Here are the symptoms:

5 minutes after hitting fly: Screen freezes, or goes to blue "Not Supported" (widescreen LCD) message, loud stuttering/buzz sound, computer totally locks up. Have to reboot using the computer button.

System:
Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz
1 GB Ram
Windows XP version 2002 with SP2
ATI Radeon 9800
Soundblaster Live 5.1
Track IR2
CH HOTAS
USB Headset

Here is what I've done:
Updated all drivers the best I can.
I've changed the il2.exe and il2fb.exe to the previous version.
Reduced my video settings.

What next?

S!!
Animal

GH_Klingstroem
06-13-2006, 03:05 PM
open ur computer and check the fan for ur graphics card or ur CPU! I had exactly the same symptoms as u and it was the fan to my video card that had given up! Whe it gets too hot the computer will automatically shut down! Also check the CPU cooler for dust as it will reduce the CPU fans capability to cool it!
If u live in the northen hemispere it could also be that the roomtemperature is now much hotter during summer and so ur computer get hotter more easy!

IVJG51_Animal
06-13-2006, 06:21 PM
It humbling when someone points out that the answer is sitting right in front of you. Dah! MY FAN ON THE VIDEO CARD IS DEAD! Thanks, guys. I'll spend the rest of the night trying to find a new fan.

Animal

SeaFireLIV
06-13-2006, 06:56 PM
This is a rather recent trend i`ve seen going around lately... people blaming recent gaming software for breaking their hardware computer part.

This is nigh on impossible and every other possibility must be checked before blaming software - and even then it`s still 99% certain it won`t be a game`s fault.

Anyway, GH_Klingstroem`s suggested hwat i was going to more or less say.

IVJG51_Animal
06-13-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm not sure where you got the impression that I was blaming my problem on the Pe-2 add-on. It was coincidental, and in fact worth mentioning, that my problems began after the add-on. I was working on my 99% before I started seriously pointing at the software. Luckly, because of these great forums, I was able to fix my problem at around 86%.

S!!!!!
Animal

LStarosta
06-13-2006, 10:35 PM
On my old PC, I just took the case off and put a small 10 inch fan next to the side of it, and the computer stayed cool and never locked up anymore.