PDA

View Full Version : New Combat System

JACKofA11TradeZ
11-18-2010, 06:21 AM
I am a HUGE AC ok I played the first game and the combat was clunky, second game introduced the hidden blades as an acctual weapon, but still kinda clunky. Now in ACB combat is as fluid as water. I love to run up to guards and beat them to death, with my bare hands(and feet now.)Countering is also an avid part of my combat arsenal and the gun can be used to combo the sword now. Ubisoft you made one hell of a game I tip my hat to you.

Grandmaster_Z
11-18-2010, 06:42 AM
agree, combat is so much better

FredEx919
11-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Countering a guard using a spear, grabbing the spear from him, tossing it back into him is one of the most greatest feelings you can have lol

NightlyEssence
11-18-2010, 08:44 AM
I LOVE the new combat system. The sword and the gun is my favorite. stab and shot their head in the end.

ViNyLek
11-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Agreed. To be honest I found combat in AC2 pretty awesome and loved fighting every chance I got, so you can only imagine how amazed I am now. And there is still so many options and weapons to try. Btw, any of you know what's up with using broom to fight?? Is it possible, where to find it??

KnightRobby
11-18-2010, 05:55 PM
I've heard about the combat! It seems like it IS so much improved and more offensive, as the reviewers have said and also I've heard this from friends.

I've tried to ask, but HOW exactly does combat work in AC Brotherhood (example: what buttons do you press and what do they do?). I played AC 2 and liked the combat, but you couldn't really go on the offensive and now it seems to be remedied (thank you Ubi!!!).

And oh, is the combat harder...? From the developer diaries, Ubisoft described the guards as being far more aggressive than before. Is this true?

Thanks guys and good to see a post about the combat! one thing I loved about AC 2 but it seems SO SO much improved! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

xerxesofthe
11-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by ViNyLek:
Agreed. To be honest I found combat in AC2 pretty awesome and loved fighting every chance I got, so you can only imagine how amazed I am now. And there is still so many options and weapons to try. Btw, any of you know what's up with using broom to fight?? Is it possible, where to find it??

tackle a guy sweeping with the broom then pick it up, it works like hammer... though I think there isnt any broom guys in acb http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

JACKofA11TradeZ
11-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by KnightRobby:
I've heard about the combat! It seems like it IS so much improved and more offensive, as the reviewers have said and also I've heard this from friends.

I've tried to ask, but HOW exactly does combat work in AC Brotherhood (example: what buttons do you press and what do they do?). I played AC 2 and liked the combat, but you couldn't really go on the offensive and now it seems to be remedied (thank you Ubi!!!).

And oh, is the combat harder...? From the developer diaries, Ubisoft described the guards as being far more aggressive than before. Is this true?

Thanks guys and good to see a post about the combat! one thing I loved about AC 2 but it seems SO SO much improved! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MonkeyQueg
11-19-2010, 11:46 AM
I LOVE the combat system! I thought AC2's was amazing, but this is even more so. I especially like the new way they added the gun as like a side weapon to the sword. The counters involved with that are FREAKING SWEET.

TheEpicWolf
11-19-2010, 11:50 AM
It's super fun cutting guards down with the new fighting system. Although they do get more hits which does make me avoid fights more xD