PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered "Corsair Experience" dvd set..I'll post back with results

Oilburner_TAW
03-16-2005, 09:46 PM
http://www.thecorsairexperience.com/

Oilburner_TAW
03-16-2005, 09:46 PM
http://www.thecorsairexperience.com/

ckur
03-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Looking forward for the info about that.

Has anyone bought this one? http://www.aircraftfilms.com/f4ucorsair.htm

Before I spend some 74$ (Delivery to Europe+taxes) bying that one I would like to hear some opinions.

ckur
03-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Looking forward for the info about that.

Has anyone bought this one? http://www.aircraftfilms.com/f4ucorsair.htm

Before I spend some 74$ (Delivery to Europe+taxes) bying that one I would like to hear some opinions.

boxduty
03-17-2005, 02:17 AM
I'm pretty interested in getting that Aircraftfilms Corsair DVD as well...(6 hours it runs for, sounds really good)
But it's too much dosh to order blind, so I'm hoping someone can give some feedback...
(and on the Wildcat DVD too...)

Cheers

boxduty
03-17-2005, 02:17 AM
I'm pretty interested in getting that Aircraftfilms Corsair DVD as well...(6 hours it runs for, sounds really good)
But it's too much dosh to order blind, so I'm hoping someone can give some feedback...
(and on the Wildcat DVD too...)

Cheers

DxyFlyr
03-17-2005, 01:41 PM
I've got "The Corsair Experience" and watched all 4 disks already. I really enjoyed it. Will be watching them again and again.

Its full of first hand accounts... lots of great stories from the guys that were there. Lots of insight on the plane, of course, but I really liked the tales these guys had to tell.

One guy described the night his USMC airbase was attacked by kamikazee troops. Three betty's landed wheels-up on the airfield and Japanese troops jumped out with explosives and started blowing up the parked aircraft around the field. The chaos ensued all night. By dawn, nearly 2/3 (I think he said) of the US aircraft on the base were destroyed and all the Japanese troops had been killed. Wow, what a night!

Lot's of "I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for this bird" stories too. Both Navy guys and USMC guys are interviewed.

Some great fly-bys with all the throaty engine noise you could ask for too.

Yes, I'm glad I got it.

-dxy

DxyFlyr
03-17-2005, 01:41 PM
I've got "The Corsair Experience" and watched all 4 disks already. I really enjoyed it. Will be watching them again and again.

Its full of first hand accounts... lots of great stories from the guys that were there. Lots of insight on the plane, of course, but I really liked the tales these guys had to tell.

One guy described the night his USMC airbase was attacked by kamikazee troops. Three betty's landed wheels-up on the airfield and Japanese troops jumped out with explosives and started blowing up the parked aircraft around the field. The chaos ensued all night. By dawn, nearly 2/3 (I think he said) of the US aircraft on the base were destroyed and all the Japanese troops had been killed. Wow, what a night!

Lot's of "I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for this bird" stories too. Both Navy guys and USMC guys are interviewed.

Some great fly-bys with all the throaty engine noise you could ask for too.

Yes, I'm glad I got it.

-dxy

VBF-83_Hawk
03-17-2005, 03:32 PM
yeah, I got mine and made a post a while back. Not many replys.

I love it!! These guys wont be around much longer. Priceless

VBF-83_Hawk
03-17-2005, 03:32 PM
yeah, I got mine and made a post a while back. Not many replys.

I love it!! These guys wont be around much longer. Priceless

JonHal
03-17-2005, 03:42 PM
I just bought the Wildcat DVD these guys put out and it is excellent. Some really fantastic stuff in there. I'm planning on ordering the Corsair DVD next

JonHal
03-17-2005, 03:42 PM
I just bought the Wildcat DVD these guys put out and it is excellent. Some really fantastic stuff in there. I'm planning on ordering the Corsair DVD next

sledgehammer2
03-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I got "Corsair Experience" a couple of weeks ago. For me it was a major disappointment. I was expecting more airshow type footage and was unpleasantly surprised by the fact that it was mostly just interviews. Don't get me wrong... the vets are heroes to me and I mean no disrespect to them, but I guess I was just expecting something different. I emailed the creator of it with my feelings and was told in no uncertain terms that there would be no refunds.

sledgehammer2
03-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I got "Corsair Experience" a couple of weeks ago. For me it was a major disappointment. I was expecting more airshow type footage and was unpleasantly surprised by the fact that it was mostly just interviews. Don't get me wrong... the vets are heroes to me and I mean no disrespect to them, but I guess I was just expecting something different. I emailed the creator of it with my feelings and was told in no uncertain terms that there would be no refunds.