PDA

View Full Version : JSGME, tell me how!

GoldenEagle8
09-16-2006, 06:17 PM
I have it, thats as far as I ever get, last time i tryed it, my game stopped working and was ok when I removed JSGME from what I guess was the wrong file. I have no idea what im doing!

tuddley3
09-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Put it in the SH3 folder that has the SH3 and SH3 Mission Editor icons in it. also read the sticky in the Community Help section that says "The most common mistake when installing mods with JSGME".

Hopefully this should do it.

GoldenEagle8
09-17-2006, 10:28 AM
Ok, I did that, nothing happened, I'm trying to get it to go with GW that has the 6 parts.

Fish40
09-17-2006, 05:42 PM
I'll try to make it as simple as possible. If you've done all these steps, please disregard:

First, place JSGME in the SHIII main folder. Next, navigate to the main folder and locate the JSGME (look for a gearlike icon).

Thirdly, double click on the icon to initially run the JSGME. You should now have a folder called MODS. From here on, it should just be a matter of unzipping all your mods you want to use into the MODS folder.

Copy the JSGME icon (the gear) to your desktop for ease of use: After you unzip a mod to the MODS folder, click the JSGME icon on your desktop to see the available mods for activation. To activate, simply click on the mod you want, to highlite it. Click on the arrow to activate. You will now see the name of the mod move too the right side of the box, indicating the activation process. There you have it! To deactivate a mod, just reverse the process.

GoldenEagle8
09-18-2006, 04:40 AM
all it seems to do is bring the mod folders out into the SHIII folder and thats it. It doesnt do anything to the game itself. And the mod structure matches the games, like mod-data-etc.

tuddley3
09-18-2006, 05:05 AM
I put the Ubisoft folder itself on my desktop, and left the JSGME icon in the Ubisoft folder.

Fish40
09-18-2006, 05:48 AM
I'm not sure I'm following you. I assume you followed the steps I outlined previously? Are you unzipping your mods into the newly created MODS folder? If you are, clicking the JSGME icon will bring you to the mod enabler's interface, where you will see the mod that you want activated.

GoldenEagle8
09-18-2006, 02:36 PM
yes, it says its activeated, but it doesnt work.

tuddley3
09-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by GoldenEagle8:
all it seems to do is bring the mod folders out into the SHIII folder and thats it.

That's normal , I think those are the Stock Game folders , put there by the Mods folder so it can place the GW's folder in the Data folder.

Did you put all 6 parts into one folder ? Make sure you Copy & Paste ONLY the Data folders from each part into the new folder. If you place the first folder from each part in new folder(Part 1 , GW Part 2, and so on) , mod will not work. Just like the Sticky says in the Communty Help section. Name the new folder something like GW Mod or something to remind you what mod is in that folder.

Just be patient , we'll get you going somehow. JSGME is very helpful tool, very simple, and will prevent you from doing any complete re-installs later on if you dont like a certain mods.