PDA

View Full Version : English units of measure

Hiroshi_01
06-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Hi. I was wondering. Is there any way to get the red numbers in the lower left corner of the screen to display mph or knots as well as feet instead of kph and meters. Sorry, I'm a US pilot and I am use to seeing knots and feet. Thanks.

VW-IceFire
06-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Assign a key to switch values. I think I set mine to Shift-B or something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Flakenstien
06-12-2005, 08:01 AM
You must map a key in your control settings "toggle speedbar"
This will allow you to toggle through various units of measurment and also off.

Hiroshi_01
06-13-2005, 07:08 AM
Hi All. Thanks. I will do that right now. See ya.

Huckebein_UK
06-13-2005, 08:45 AM
I keep meaning to do that too, 'cos I'm nicely 'fluent' in Imperial measurments when it comes to aviation. I keep thinking, though, that I'll then have difficulty communicating values to people online quickly and efficiently; and besides, I'm understanding Metric better now - I have a few key values that I remember, and I'm getting better at working with them. (Still wish they were mathematically as flexible as Imperial though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ).

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-13-2005, 09:51 AM
I use my "Z" key to toggle through the options for measurement. This was one of those sensible requests that 1:C included that is seldom used, but the option is a very cool thing. Sometimes, I will toggle to imperial measurements when flying red as many of our squad uses them for bombing. Thus in order to maintain continuity the fighter cover is asked to use them as well. It adds authenticity and immersion.

TB

new-fherathras
06-13-2005, 10:53 AM
I have mapped it as ctrl-s,
but i unly use mph/feet when flying the b-25 due to the bombsight,

other then that i use metric

Kernow
06-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Yep, mapped it to a button as soon as it was possible; I fly in whatever units the plane was designed in.