PDA

View Full Version : Speed, cursor

sriggins
10-13-2004, 11:36 AM
In the demo, the cursor always shows in the top left corner. Dual 2ghz G5/2gb ram/Radeon 9800 Pro.

Which brings me to the second point. Wow Ubisoft you managed to make a game SLOW on Dual 2 ghz G5. My cursor on the main menu is so slow I miss buttons.

You managed to miss the idea of Myst - Fun puzzles, compelling content. Myst I was fun, addicting and ran on a IIcx without all of this 3D nonsense that makes your requirements so high that a purchaser of a NEW Mac can't play your *puzzle* game.

Whoever designed this engine and decided 3D look around was more important than people solving puzzles should be let go.

Steve

sriggins
10-13-2004, 11:36 AM
In the demo, the cursor always shows in the top left corner. Dual 2ghz G5/2gb ram/Radeon 9800 Pro.

Which brings me to the second point. Wow Ubisoft you managed to make a game SLOW on Dual 2 ghz G5. My cursor on the main menu is so slow I miss buttons.

You managed to miss the idea of Myst - Fun puzzles, compelling content. Myst I was fun, addicting and ran on a IIcx without all of this 3D nonsense that makes your requirements so high that a purchaser of a NEW Mac can't play your *puzzle* game.

Whoever designed this engine and decided 3D look around was more important than people solving puzzles should be let go.

Steve

sriggins
10-14-2004, 08:17 PM
I went ahead and bought the game, and the real game is much faster than the demo. Am not sure why the demo is so slow, but it should be rectified.