PDA

View Full Version : Need Canada update for March 18. Who has Info?

otrex
03-18-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm busy checking out various possibilities for the arrival of SH3. EB says the 22nd, but it's obivously a guess as some are still telling me the 18th is a possibility. Additionally, I'm wondering if anyone is checking out Best Buy or Future Shop or even Compusmart.

Please post your findings here.

SickbayTiffy
03-18-2005, 09:53 AM
I don't know where you live but I'm in Toronto. I was pissed when I went to the EB at Yorkdale mall where I had it preordered and they told me it was delayed. I thought they may have just sold them all and didn't cover the preorders.

Anyway; I got a copy by calling an EB in Buffalo and making the trip.

See the post : http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=857101043&m=7741070492

NickNameless
03-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Well EB said yesterday that both BIA and SH3 were delayed until the 22nd. Now on the GB forum, people are saying they have gotten their BIA's at EB today. Maybe SH3 came in too. I'm calling just as soon as the store opens.

altstiff
03-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Ok just checked with my sources @ EB in Toronto and they say that both SH3 and BIA are due to arrive today.

Will they? Let's see.....

shoopzee
03-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Hey Otrex,

I preordered with EB, and the thread above my sounds optimistic, so I will just check in with EB later today (18th). I also plan to check Future Shop, and perhaps Staples and Walmart. I'm here in Nova Scotia. If BIA is in shop today, perhaps a good chance SHIII may be too.
Also if I find another copy somehere else, I will be asking for a refund from EB. I'll try to post at supper time 6pm Atlantic to let you know how my search went. Cheers Shoop.

wigg11
03-18-2005, 10:16 AM
The EB's in Regina are all saying 22nd.

altstiff
03-18-2005, 10:23 AM
The EB's I checked say that they have it listed on the computer to come in today's shipment.

NickNameless
03-18-2005, 10:32 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Same here!!! Got it on hold. Leaving in 2 hours 36 minutes 43 seconds.

dashnerr
03-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Very good news guys! Thanks!

rbowes
03-18-2005, 10:38 AM
If any of you guys do get ur hands on a copy post about it. I want to go get my copy asap.

wigg11
03-18-2005, 10:48 AM
DAMMIT, now you've got me all excited...

Please post here the second you find out.

Shinzoy
03-18-2005, 10:55 AM
THis is the same post i made to other thread.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SpasmKnight:
A guy in Calgary says their EB is expecting a shipment today.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im sory to say this but they are unreliable, they cannot even try to trace the shipment. Im in Edmonton, Alta. i was so pissed about them changing the date on the day it was to be delivered and have no explanation at all to anyone accross the country that i started to call other stores.

I got a hold of compusmart and he told me he is recieving a shipment in BC today the 18th and he can have some sent here for me. I drove to the store and prepaid for 2 copies and 20$ for priority shipping, i will have them tomorow. I am not even bothered about loosing my deposit on my EB-Games copy, they can have it cause as of yesterday they lost me as a customer. I found out what customer service is and to see a store go out of their way to help a customer.

the thing that bothered me the most was that they had no clue why the delay and i talked to 4 eb stores here all clueless..... wow
this is what they do man... they sell games and other stores that are pc stores are beating them with speed and they can track shipment.

EB-Games keep my deposit its a farewell gift to you enjoy .

Shinzoy

otrex
03-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Ok, I'll be looking all over Southern Ontario for the game, and I'll definitely post if I can find anything.

Hopefully, between all of us looking for copies we'll be able to find some. Please take the extra 5 minutes to post if you happen to find some (even though you'll be dying to install the bloody thing!) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

otrex
03-18-2005, 11:12 AM
I am happy to confirm that all EB's in Southern Ontario have received Silent Hunter in their 1pm shipment.... enjoy!

wigg11
03-18-2005, 11:21 AM
AWESOME!

Here's hoping western canada gets it too...I can't imagine why it wouldn't.

wigg11
03-18-2005, 11:35 AM
EB has it in regina.

altstiff
03-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Got SH3 and BIA in Toronto at EB.

Axxent
03-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Three hours until I'm off so I can get my copy!

Cold_Gambler
03-18-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm in Toronto and work downtown.
I just went to the EB store in the "Eaton Center" and picked up a copy on my lunch-hour-

I believe that they have 5 or 6 copies (well, maybe 4 or 5 now), but several of were on hold for other customers. I'd recommend you call and verify that they have available copies before going down.

wigg11
03-18-2005, 12:21 PM
INSTALLING!

duck722
03-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Here's what I've found out for London ON.

Electronics Boutique - 22nd
Microplay - NO
Walmart - NO
Staples - NO
Future Shop - NO (maybe in a week or 2????)
Best Buy - the guy there said a truck is coming in tonight and told me to call tomorrow to see if they got it.

animator303
03-18-2005, 02:18 PM
hmmmmm.....

i just checked out the mall and theres nothing there...eb or best buy...

Im just north of toronto, so i guess the trucks have not arrived yet...

I dont know how much longer i can wait....

The suspence is killing me....

shoopzee
03-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Listen guys I picked up my preordered SHIII at an EB in Halifax today at 2 pm Atlantic time. They have the game now. Also they were stocking more than just preorders too. They said they were surprised, but both BIA and SHIII showed up today. I would assume that this is the same for the rest of Canada. Go get 'em.
I also checked another EB aswell and they had two copies on the shelf. Not sure about Future Shop or Walmart et al.

Bulwark_
03-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks Shoopzee! I just called EB, I made them look around and double check... finally they realized they did have a few copies in store! On my way to Mic Mac now!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

duck722
03-18-2005, 06:09 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

!?!?!?!?! BAH!!! First Vancouver then Halifax...Ontario seems to be getting the short end of the stick here

altstiff
03-18-2005, 06:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by duck722:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

!?!?!?!?! BAH!!! First Vancouver then Halifax...Ontario seems to be getting the short end of the stick here <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really I live in Toronto and noticed a few other guys saying the same thing that they have the game.

KiNgSnAkE_00
03-18-2005, 07:31 PM
I got it at EB games in Richmond Hill but I can not install because it will not accept the install key. Does each DVD have a unique install key encoded on the DVD? or are all the instal keys the same?

Mashiki_a
03-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Just picked it up in London, Ontario from EB White Oaks.

They got their's in but hadn't unpacked them until late this afternoon, I got a call around 8pm or so. They'll be putting the rest on the shelf tomorrow.

duck722
03-19-2005, 09:03 AM
update, got the call from Masonville mall EB @ 10:15, SH3 is in!! if you don't have a pre-order, GO NOW as they only have a few copies.