PDA

View Full Version : System Requirements

Xhane
03-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Might & Magic Heroes VI SEPTEMBER 2011

1.2. System Requirements

1.2.1 Minimum Configuration:

Operating System: Windows® XP or Windows Vista® or Windows® 7 (all 32/64bit)
Processor: 2 Ghz Intel® Pentium® Core 2 Duo E4400 or higher
2.6 Ghz AMD Athlon™ X2 5000+ or higher
RAM: 1 GB for Windows® XP / 1.5 GB for Windows® Vista®, Windows® 7

Video card : NVidia™ GeForce® 8600GTS (512 VRAM)
ATI™ Radeon 2600XT (512VRAM) or better

512 MB DirectX® 9.0c–compliant card

with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
See Supported List 1.1.3 for more information
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM (8x)
Hard Drive Space: 8 GB
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Internet: Broadband required for multiplayer and online features
Peripherals: Windows-compatible mouse required

1.2.2 Recommended Configuration:

Operating System: Windows® XP or Windows Vista® or Windows® 7
Processor: 2 Ghz Intel® Pentium® Core 2 Duo E6400 or higher
2.8 Ghz AMD Athlon™II X2 240 or higher
RAM: 2 GB for Windows® XP, Windows® Vista®, Windows® 7
Video card: NVidia™ GeForce® 8800GTX (1 GB VRAM)
ATI™ Radeon HD 3870 (1 GB VRAM) or better
512 MB DirectX® 9.0c–compliant card
Shader Model 3.0 or higher
See Supported List 1.1.3 for more information.
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM (24x)
Hard Drive Space: 8 GB
Sound: DirectX® 9.0c Compatible Sound Card 5.1 with Latest Drivers
Internet: Broadband required for multiplayer mode and online features
Peripherals: Windows-compatible mouse required

1.2.3 Supported Video Cards at Release Time:

NVIDIA GeForce® 8600 or higher
NVIDIA GeForce™ 9 Series
NVIDIA GeForce™ 200 Series
NVIDIA GeForce™ 400 Series
NVIDIA GeForce™ 500 Series

ATI® RADEON® HD 2600 or higher
ATI® RADEON® HD 3000 Series
ATI® RADEON® HD 4000 Series
ATI® RADEON® HD 5000 Series
ATI® RADEON® HD 6000 Series

For the most up-to-date minimum requirement listings, please visit the FAQ for
this game on our support website at http://support.ubi.com.

znork
03-11-2011, 03:37 PM
tnx for the update about the specs. Promesing news about the drm.

mcgslo
03-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Will game support Crosfire graphic cards? Like mine Radeon HD 5970? I mean really support so we can leave (A.I. - crossfire) ON and there is no bugs playing game with it. Lots of games dont support crossfire and/or have problems with it...

tnx for reply
~McG

Asterisk
03-12-2011, 11:59 PM
What are the system req's for maxed out settings (1080p)?

dchalfont
03-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Asterisk:
What are the system req's for maxed out settings (1080p)?

Well it depends what you mean by maxed out...if you mean 30 frame minimum at all times with max settings and 8aa or something you will probably need a gtx285 or HD5850.

If you mean 60 frame minimum with 32csaa....then you will probably need a gtx580 or HD6970.

Just look at the recommended requirements for any game....they are always well below what is capable of running a game maxed.

The recommended GPU for BFBC2 was a gtx260...you need much more than that to max it out.

GamerGeek87
03-15-2011, 04:24 AM
I think the minimum specs are quite reasonable, people cant expect to play the latest games on really old pcs. Being able to run this game on a mid-range(Core2Duo 2Ghz and 8600GTS) desktop from like 4 years ago is very reasonable in my eyes.

DaventryGnome
03-19-2011, 08:34 PM
512 mb VRAM? I think that's a bit excessive, especially since the other reqs (processor, RAM) are so low. I've actually never seen a game demand a 512 mb video card, so I hope that's a mistake on Ubisoft's part. For comparison, even the recently released Shogun 2 only specifies a 256 mb card. 512 just makes me think that the game engine isn't as optimized as it could be... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

dchalfont
03-19-2011, 11:33 PM
@Dave
You can't be serious....in 2007 I bought a mid range GPU; an 8800gt. It had 512mb vram. That was 4 years ago...

This isn't a browser based game, it's a PC game.

Even if you were gaming on a 720p monitor ( which no one is these days ) you would still need a 512mb card to run any modern games.

My video card has 1.5gb of vram and it is 12 months old.

You can get a 1gb gt 240 for about $99...

The only people complaining are people with laptops and they have no right to complain...they should have known what they were buying. You don't buy a hatch back and complain when it can't go offroad in the sand dunes etc.

I can build a desktop for $500 that runs 3 times as fast as a $2000k laptop. It's just common sense really.

The reason why it is lite on the cpu and heavy on the GPU is because modern games are shader heavy. It is a fixed camera angle turn based game, that explains why it is lite on the cpu.

I challenge you to play heroes 5 with less than a 512mb video card at 1080p....it will be better optimised than H5 and better looking ( just look at any screenshot ).

Legionaries
03-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by DaventryGnome:
512 mb VRAM? I think that's a bit excessive, especially since the other reqs (processor, RAM) are so low. I've actually never seen a game demand a 512 mb video card, so I hope that's a mistake on Ubisoft's part. For comparison, even the recently released Shogun 2 only specifies a 256 mb card. 512 just makes me think that the game engine isn't as optimized as it could be... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Games these days usually required 1GB video card, like for starcraft 2, if you want good graphic setting, you need to have at least a 1GB card

DaventryGnome
03-20-2011, 07:31 AM
I disagree with both of the comments above.

For the record, I can play Starcraft II on HIGH settings at 1080p with 256mb of VRAM. I agree it's not ULTRA, but it still looks pretty damn good. You absolutely do NOT need 1gb of RAM to get that game pretty (Blizzard are gods when it comes to optimization).

Also, as I mentioned in my original post, ALMOST NO current game requires 512mb RAM. I'm not complaining, just stating the facts. Take a look at Civilization 5, Shogun 2, Dragon Age 2, just to name a few. I can run all of these just fine, and the last time I checked, none were played in Internet Explorer or Firefox. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Please show me a game whose MINIMUM system requirements include a 512mb video card...

Edit: I actually believe I'll be able to run Heroes VI just fine (given my experience with other recent games). I think it's likely that Ubisoft overestimated a bit, but there's also the possibility that those are indeed the reqs, which (again, given my experience with other titles) would make me believe that the game's just not as well-optimized as some others.

Just one quick example: in 2008 I saw some decent desktops stutter with cd projekt's The Witcher. These were machines that didn't have problems with any other graphics-heavy games of the time, which lead many (including reviewers) to conclude that the game wasn't properly optimized. And lo and behold, a year later cd projekt released the "Enhanced Edition" which increased performance across the board, unequivocally proving that the original release wasn't as smooth as it could have been.

GamerGeek87
03-20-2011, 08:13 AM
@Dave I think its too early too say if its unoptimized just because it requires 512mb vram. It depends what the lowest graphic settings are. It may be very optimized but you cant run it with horribly bad graphics. But that remains to be seen. Still people can get a gpu that can run this game and pretty much any other for like $50 these days.

Edit: I believe Mafia 2 also requires 512 vram btw. Still most games run on 256 but they cant continue to do so forever.

DaventryGnome
03-20-2011, 11:07 AM
I agree it's too early to tell. I'm not saying it's unoptimized just yet (it's just a thought, an idea). I actually think I'll be able to run it just fine. I'm just saying that (regardless of how much a 512 card costs or what year we're in) I've yet to see any other developer require that kind of VRAM for a strategy game (and I say that more as a fact, not an opinion).

Mainly I just wanted to refute the notions of Starcraft requiring 1gb of VRAM to look good or of any Heroes fan confusing Heroes VI with FarmVille.

P.S. I think I've sufficiently expressed my opinion here, and as such I won't be commenting further. See you all in other, more worthwhile threads.

Kartabon
03-21-2011, 04:03 AM
Just to clarify your inquiries, the VRAM from a GFX card is just needed to get bigger resolutions and better textures. The graphic engine they are using for MM:H6 isn't very new, all the opposite, it has some years behind it.

If you are planning to play the game in 800x600 (in case that small resolution is even supported by this new game) you won't be needing much vram xD

Dav_TT_BG
03-24-2011, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by dchalfont:

I think it will run. My GF has a laptop with basically identical specs. Just run it on medium or something. Your laptop is probably only 1366x768 res so it should run ok on medium and will definitely run on low.

Thanks a lot!
Have a nice day!

tommyboy_050
03-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Could someone tell me or this could ru on my PC (becauce I dont think so) :

Intel(R) Core(TM) DUO CPU T7100 @ 1.80Ghz, 1801MHz, 2 core('s), 2 logic processor(s)

Kartabon
03-27-2011, 05:18 PM
tommy, if you say us what GFX card you have and how many RAM do your computer own, we will be able to tell you if your comp will or will not run the game.

Thunion
03-28-2011, 12:00 PM
GOOD i got exactly 1k ram :P

tommyboy_050
03-28-2011, 03:05 PM
RAM is perfect http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but I cant found DFX card http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif PS. Does the game include VertexShader 3.0
Pixel Shader 3.0
becauce I think thats the problem, this is a vista business (but I do am able to play the sims 3 on this computer) and my computer cant run this game (he does run heroes V(Tribes O T east) thanks for helphttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (sorry for bad english an maybe bad info)

GamerGeek87
03-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Any card in the last 2 generation of gpus have atleast 512mb of vram, and even the generation before that had very few cards with less(almost nonexistent). I dont see how that is too much to ask for. Still I think it might not require 512ram if your run on really low resolution, like 800x600 is not a reasonable resolution these days and the minimum specs probably takes a reasonable resolution into account.

spydrmunkie
04-08-2011, 08:09 PM
It looks like I should be all set to run it on my laptop with the exception of the video card, not sure if it meets the requirements it's a Nvidia GeForce 310M. From what i can tell it looks like it should meet the requirements but if there is someone out there that is more familiar with video cards i would appreciate any feedback/confirmation. Thanks

Kartabon
04-09-2011, 03:13 AM
Yeah it will probably be able to move the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif However, do not expect good graphics or good fps rate, your card is a low-end one so you will be probably forced to play the game under low graphic settings :P

spydrmunkie
04-09-2011, 05:39 AM
That's what I figured looking at it, thanks for the input.

foiden
04-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Though it looks like I may just make the spec to run it, this does come at a bit of a surprise. I know people say you should get recent desktops to run today's games, but never for minimum detail on a strategy game. Sure, if it is the next Crysis action game, I could expect it. Still a little surprising for a turn-based strategy game to require a spec that even Crysis or Civ doesn't. It's not like someone is expecting full-screen PhysX plus tons of DX11 shavers and stuff for a turn-based strategy RPG. The real gameplay, in these games, are usually all the stuff under the hood. The math calculations to process outcomes. Stuff just about any machine can do these days, the rest is just eye-candy that has nothing to do with gameplay or the full immersion of it given these are top-down views. Still, high end graphics look pretty; just as long as they do provide the options for the large audience that generally only play strategies on PCs. And those folks aren't used to being quite on top of the *gaming spec* machine purchases.

gastonacho
05-21-2011, 12:17 PM
will be run on a HD3000 intel?
i hope..

Kartabon
05-22-2011, 03:40 AM
Intel Graphic Cards aren't aimed to be used to play video games, and even less a 3xxx one xD I wouldn't expect to be able to run it with that card xD

Iglocska
05-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by foiden:
Though it looks like I may just make the spec to run it, this does come at a bit of a surprise. I know people say you should get recent desktops to run today's games, but never for minimum detail on a strategy game. Sure, if it is the next Crysis action game, I could expect it. Still a little surprising for a turn-based strategy game to require a spec that even Crysis or Civ doesn't. It's not like someone is expecting full-screen PhysX plus tons of DX11 shavers and stuff for a turn-based strategy RPG. The real gameplay, in these games, are usually all the stuff under the hood. The math calculations to process outcomes. Stuff just about any machine can do these days, the rest is just eye-candy that has nothing to do with gameplay or the full immersion of it given these are top-down views. Still, high end graphics look pretty; just as long as they do provide the options for the large audience that generally only play strategies on PCs. And those folks aren't used to being quite on top of the *gaming spec* machine purchases.

As someone that almost exclusively plays strategy games, I absolutely disagree with us being on the low end when it comes to staying up to date with hardware.

Also a 8600GTS is hardly DX11 with physx. Heck it's a bloody mid range card from 5 years ago, surely any gamer should expect to have at least 5 year old mid range hardware to play the latest games... You can get graphics cards (especially used) that far outperform the requirement to play Heroes VI for under the price of the game.

foiden
05-30-2011, 09:15 PM
I never meant all strategy gamers. You may be one of the more exceptions. But considering strategy games usually barely have me upgrade much for them, like other genres, one can usually be a bit behind. Then again, you can't assume most of them would be using desktops or towers either.

Laptops have really taken a major share because you can take it with you. And in general a lot of them don't wont meet the requirements if and only if 256MB is left out of the minimum. It's just rare that a strategy game would take something above a more rather current major graphic-eye-candy game like Crysis 2 or something, that's all. To desktops, 512MB is common. To laptops, none but the special gaming laptops have it.

On the other hand, The Witcher 2 claims similar GPU memory requirements, and it seems to actually still run decently on some of these machines.

gastonacho
06-07-2011, 08:10 AM
i think the game would be playable on i5 (2nd gen) with intel HD 3000, Starcraft 2 is playable at good quality.
Maybe a forum administrator could answer the interrogant
Tanks

Kartabon
06-07-2011, 11:38 AM
An i5 processor is a nice processor, but I can't assure you that an intel graphics card will make it... However, if you can play SC2 at a good quality level, it's 90% possible you will be able to run this game without many problems.

foiden
06-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Sounds good. If there is one thing my current setup can run quite well is Starcraft 2.

Iglocska
06-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Kartabon:
An i5 processor is a nice processor, but I can't assure you that an intel graphics card will make it... However, if you can play SC2 at a good quality level, it's 90% possible you will be able to run this game without many problems.

Starcraft 2 runs on pretty much anything out there, so it's hardly an indication of whether it will run heroes 6 (looking at the stated requirements).

mcgslo
06-16-2011, 01:17 AM
I urge you from beggining.... please please let this game work on Radeon 5970

Seriously lots of games have huge problem with Crosfire/SLI configurations!!!! So work with ATI/Nvidia and make playable game.

R5970 is single card but utilizes 2 GPU and uses crosfire drivers... wich lots of games have problem with

thank you.

Iglocska
06-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by mcgslo:
I urge you from beggining.... please please let this game work on Radeon 5970

Seriously lots of games have huge problem with Crosfire/SLI configurations!!!! So work with ATI/Nvidia and make playable game.

R5970 is single card but utilizes 2 GPU and uses crosfire drivers... wich lots of games have problem with

thank you.

Just disable one of the GPUs, one should be plenty.

kk2583
06-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Can anyone tell me if my graphics card ATI Radeon HD 3200, and processor AMD Turion x2 2.2ghz is going to be good enough to run the game.

Ro.Floro
06-24-2011, 11:38 PM
I have Geforce 8600 GTS and a 2.6 ghz dual core Athlon X2. Will the game work on medium details, at least?

CoachDalsberg
06-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Well, I got a business laptop with a mere GeForce 3100M graphics card (1 gb) and on high settings the game runs ok. Not perfect, but ok. And I bet it would look wonderful with a decent graphics card - but it works!!!

Ehbson
07-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Just a head's up, my PC has the exact card listed as 'recommended' the ATI Radeon HD3870 and crashes the beta randomly.

Here's my thread in the beta section for my full system specs, which far exceed recommended:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1048239/m/1451051439 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8611048239/m/1451051439)

SkuterPL
07-03-2011, 04:44 AM
I would like to know if My Graphic is too weak?
I have GeForce 7900GTX

GenGAC
07-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Why does it run choppy with me? I have a decent computer. Is it because I have Windows 7 and a better directX? Or would there be no difference with that? (Noticed the errors all had something to do with directX9 that I sometimes get when playing)

I mean, all the recent games I haven't had a problem running. Is it because it's still buggy? :/

chavv
07-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Kartabon:
With latest drivers i5-650 (hd3000) runs beta just fine - choppy at 1280x1024 very high (but almost as fast as 8600GT 256MB), and pretty smooth after lowering some settings

Lesij
07-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Hello,
I've just got my beta and I have quite a problem here - the message with 'video adapters' is haunting me all the time. Even though I upgraded my Nvida FX 5200 and it is written that the upgrade enables all programmes till 9800 (or 9200 I don't really remeber) to be runable...
What do?

A01993
07-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Any idea if my Laptop can run this? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Windows 7 (Genuine)
Processor: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3100 @ 1.90GHz
RAM: 3.00 GB
System Type: 64-Bit Operating system.

I have enough space in my C-Drive. However I have no idea of Sound Cards/Video Cards on this laptop. I have installed none; therefore I suspect it's a basic Windows 7.

adrianstefan14
07-26-2011, 09:13 AM
You think my machine can run MMH6? Processor AMD V160 of 2.4 GHz, 2048 MB RAM of DDR III 1333 MHz, and chipset video ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 (893 MB maximum shared memory , shader model 4.1)?

wejuvu
07-29-2011, 02:03 AM
hey i just want buy ATI Radeon HD3450 256MB DDR2 64bit it will run ?? i got intel Pentium Core 2 Duo E4200 1,8gh, 1,5 gb ram (800hz) vindows 7 plz fast answer it will work? sry for bad eng

adrianstefan14
07-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Your chances are lowed with ATI HD 3450 256 MB/64bit.And your rams function at too low frequency (only 800 MHz).It'll run it slowly or don't run it at all.

Riley_Forsythe
08-12-2011, 12:33 AM
How will it run with an Intel Core I3 - 370M processor, 4gb of Ram, Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5470 and DirectX 11?

adrianstefan14
08-15-2011, 11:54 AM
how do you think my laptop wil run it ? Specs : Intel Dual Core of 2.3 GHz , 3 GB of RAM DDR III and ATI Radeon HD560v of 1024 MB dedicated memory (dx 10.1 shader model 4.1)?

Sorceresss
08-15-2011, 02:14 PM
HD560v ?! You probably meant : HD 5600.
Your laptop meets the official recommended requirements.
My only incertitude is your "Mobility" version of the 5600 :
I cannot evaluate how it will perform, in gaming, compared to a fully-featured desktop 5600.
But you should be OK.
If you experience framerate lag, reduce some graphical features, such as the resolution, anti-aliasing, shadows.
Test different graphical-option setups until you experience enjoyable framerates.

adrianstefan14
08-16-2011, 05:32 AM
Searched on several threads it says that HD 560v = HD 4650 (different name ,the same specs)...then it should be ok...what about my Intel Dual Core?

phantomdestro
08-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Performance is choppy on my system. Even during loading screen the sound is choppy with static noises. I've lowered the resolution and set everything to low but it made no difference. Is there another problem that's causing the choppiness? Below is my hardware spec:

Windows Vista Home x64
Intel Core2 Quad 2.4GHz
4094 MB Ram
DirectX 11
Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

phantomdestro
08-19-2011, 02:14 PM
The video card has 512MB of video ram. THe sound stutters during the splash screen which is odd.

I ended changing resolution to 1600x1050 and playing on medium. There's a bit of lag and the sound is choppy. The game overall runs, it's just annoying.

Sorceresss
08-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Have you tried 1440 X 900 ? Can you update your audio drivers ?

Also, if the sound is managed, in your computer, by "integrated" audio features on the motherboard, purchasing a "dedicated" audiocard -- such as a SoundBlaster -- could give you a better quality of sound. Some SB models are not expensive. A technician installs it & de-activates the integrated audio.

In my case, I would not tolerate audio stuttering & choppiness. If it happened, I would run to an expert computer-store.

phantomdestro
08-19-2011, 07:00 PM
I increased default sample rate when running in shared mode to 24 bit, 192000 Hz and that fixed the problem. Guess it was choppy because it had to downgrade the sound quality. THanks.

AkashTheBlade
08-21-2011, 01:42 PM
I have a small problem.I pre-ordered the game via Steam and i can play it.But on large maps the game sometimes lags or/and crashes.

My hardware spec is:
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual E2140 at 1.60 Ghz
Memory: 2 Gb RAM
DirectX 9.0c
Graphic card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 with 1024 MB dedicated memory
Windows XP

I set everything on low,except texture which is set on medium.
Is there something else i can set to make the game crash less?

Or what is in need of desperate upgrading?

And last question,will the final release of the game be better optimized to work on older systems?

Please help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Sorceresss
08-23-2011, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by AkashTheBlade :

Processor : Intel Pentium Dual E2140 at 1.60 Ghz
Memory: 2 Gb RAM
[...] Windows XP

Your 1.60 GHz processor is way under the official minimum & recommended requirements.

2 GB of RAM on WinXP is OK ... but adding 1 GB would help.

Your videocard is more than enough.
Thus, your computer, for gaming purposes, is of unequal value : good videocard <--> relatively weak processor.

AkashTheBlade
08-23-2011, 03:45 PM
The problem is that upgrading to new processors will be hard with my motherboard.But i'll try to fix something.

As a funny thing....the game doesn't crashes on medium settings (i played it since the beta phase 2 started) but it started doing so when i switched to low settings.

And as off-topic,is there a special topic/section of the forum where i can post bugs/suggestions for Heroes 6?

Zevious
08-23-2011, 06:25 PM
First, a general question: is there a demo available for the game? I figure if my current pc can run the demo, it can run the game. If not, then I have time to plan for upgrades. Specs are as follows: Win 7 64 bit, AMD Athlon II X2 255 dual core, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE card, 5400 GB HD, 4GB DDR3 memory. It's been a while since I've played a pc RPG so I'm a little rusty on the needed specs and such. Don't know if demos are used that much as a test for compatability but if not, it might be a way to go. Thanks in advance.

PaladinOfMM
08-24-2011, 11:26 PM
I got a laptop running on Intel Core i3 processor, 4GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145, more than 30GB++ available on C:, sound card should be fine, yet I cannot even enjoy properly a medium settings of graphic card for the Demo.

I set it to low and still only a bit better improvement on the game speed / framerate. Hope this is problem only with the Demo and not the actual game.

Btw, I'm running on 1920x1080 resolution with low graphic setting of the game.

Even I have tried running 1366x768 (my laptop native) with low graphic setting, same result.

I really hate the Resources loading... please wait message when I switch to desktop and then back to game. Have to wait for like 3-4 min to complete loading back to the game.

Also, sometimes, once the game has been loaded, not all adventure map objects' model appear. Have to wait for like 1-2 min then only they are rendered out. Yet, I still can move the heroes around... WTH?

AkashTheBlade
08-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by PaladinOfMM:
I got a laptop running on Intel Core i3 processor, 4GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145, more than 30GB++ available on C:, sound card should be fine, yet I cannot even enjoy properly a medium settings of graphic card for the Demo.

I set it to low and still only a bit better improvement on the game speed / framerate. Hope this is problem only with the Demo and not the actual game.

Btw, I'm running on 1920x1080 resolution with low graphic setting of the game.

Even I have tried running 1366x768 (my laptop native) with low graphic setting, same result.

I really hate the Resources loading... please wait message when I switch to desktop and then back to game. Have to wait for like 3-4 min to complete loading back to the game.

Also, sometimes, once the game has been loaded, not all adventure map objects' model appear. Have to wait for like 1-2 min then only they are rendered out. Yet, I still can move the heroes around... WTH?

I hate resource loading myself.Makes alt+tabing a pain in the .... compared to Heroes 5.And even making it work in window mode makes it lag like hell.

The first beta version,would just slowlly load all the units/creatures.It took about the same time,but at least u could build/check talent trees while the stuff loaded.Now is like playing some kind of RPG while every time you open a door,the game needs to "load".

Pretty bad feature imo.

mraziq
08-30-2011, 05:06 AM
It's easy... when you have Intel graphics card, you can't play this game.. No matter if you have 6GB ram or i7... "love" Ubisoft...

DRAGON131
09-03-2011, 02:40 PM
I like the heroes saga.I view the news of heroes 6 and the demo.So I donwload the demo,i was sure that the game not work in my system.But try....

Oh! what a surprise!.In the general map 17fps-36fps(Depending on the distance from the camera to the ground).But I really no note the game slow in 17fps(i use fraps).

In game combat 30-36fps.And the ingame cinematics.42-48fps.

So the game is perfectly playable in my system!(after i try the demo probably I buy the game haha).

My system is a pentium 4(northwood 478 lol)3,4ghz.With an his 4670 agp.A 2gb ddr400(2-3-2-5 timmings).And motherboard with a via 880 chipset(not the best chipset for pentium 4 precisely).And a soundblaster 128 pci!.

The game is very optimized.I play at maxium graphical settings(except v-sinc) with 85hz in my old crtc monitor.(I normally use 1024x768,but at maximum resolution,the frames are the same(cpu bootleneg the graphics card)).

So i recommend to the people,not speculate with the minimun system requeriments.The best is try the demo.And see for yourself.

twan7725
09-12-2011, 08:36 PM
alright, just got a laptop and here is the specs...

AMD turion II P540 Dual-Core at 2.40Ghz
4 GB Ram
ATI Mobility Radeon 4200 2GB
Direct X 11
500 GB Hard Drive
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Will this game run?
Real question is on the processor.. since it's my first AMD, i have no clue

Sorceresss
09-12-2011, 09:01 PM
"Will this game run?" > Yes.

At what level of smooth quality? > Do not know.

Suidea
09-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Will this game run?
Real question is on the processor.. since it's my first AMD, i have no clue

Somewhat like mine. The game runs ok, but a bit glitchy, not fluid. You'd have to upgrade (and then you'd have to have cash! So much standards asked for a poor person to play a game...) it to have it beautiful and smooth as you see on the videos.

But don't fret. If you don't care much about graphics as myself, you won't be bothered by it. Enjoy the good music. Now, if you have bad eyesight...the size of icons and things you have to click might bother you to no end.

Sorceresss
09-27-2011, 04:42 PM
A forum member, who experienced crashes trying to run the H6 Beta, recently received this reply from Ubisoft Technical Support :

Subject
[Crash on launch] System requir[e]ments not met [...]

<span class="ev_code_RED">Unfortunately the game is not support[ed] on laptops.</span>

You can try a new save game file but if it keeps crashing there is nothing we can do.

I reproduce this reply the forum member received from Ubisoft Technical Support only for its informational value.

I was surprised, because that was the first info I got on the absence of laptop support for H6.

It does not mean that laptops cannot run H6 : it means that laptops are not officially "supported" -- "there is nothing [UTS] can do".

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">UPDATE > Laptop users, please read this</span> : http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1096804/m/3311008359 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4611096804/m/3311008359)

shop4ADBA041E
09-28-2011, 03:42 PM
I am a programmer myself and I can tell that they should fire this guy if not for his incompetence and ignorance then for his lack of simple english skills.

There are laptops more powerful than most desktops out there, this answer is like "cars are not supported for our roads, only trucks"

arquero_arcano
10-14-2011, 12:22 PM
I have problems with the game because my video card is NVIDIA GEFORCE 310M CUDA 1GB.

Will be there a patch in the future to fix this compatibility?

CoachDalsberg
10-14-2011, 01:54 PM
I bet not. I ran the beta smoothly on my laptop with the GForce 310M and thought I was home safe. But now I cannot start the game...

AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

Cleverboys
10-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Possible to work with this laptop?

Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 2537M (1.4GHz, 3MB)
4 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 3000
250 GB Hard Drive

mortengh
10-14-2011, 02:34 PM
I can start the game, but the graphics are so glitchy that the game is unplayable. mouse coursor blink and graphics tear, even with the vsync enabled and everything set to low. my laptop should meet the minumum requirements easily. is there a proper solution to this problem?

CoachDalsberg
10-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Cleverboys:
Possible to work with this laptop?

Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 2537M (1.4GHz, 3MB)
4 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 3000
250 GB Hard Drive

Not a chance. Mine is better and it fails.

soeiro1969
10-14-2011, 03:38 PM
foiden is absolutely right...i usually play atrategy games...all heroes series,expansions and chronicles,since the very beggining...can't afford high spec pc,but why would i need it?to play strategy games???!!! can't play this game...whatever adjustments i make to my rez...and play flawlessly heroes 5...dual 2.3,4GB ram...it's just my graphics...can't change them on this laptop...so ubisoft allowed me to play the demo but cuts me off from the game !!! don't think it's fair...there should be an option to run it on low rez for those like me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif and igloska for god sake...not everyone has loads of money like you mate...there's a crisis going on,and a family to support...at least for some of us http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif the game itself already was a sacrifice to buy...and now i cant play it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif thumbs down ubi that's all i can say.

Cleverboys
10-14-2011, 04:13 PM
CoachDalsberg>> I got the game running with the secondary laptop... after two days... what did i do, well good question. I took away the beta-version, reinstalled the game... still didn´t work, admin-login, still didn´t work, updated the graphics card... didn´t work... and then i just tried starting it and it worked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Well it is a guess but possible it has something to do with the registration of the game first time since it has to be online...

Many thx for good advise!

Vantar999
10-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Can you please tell me if this will run as i am having problems trying to start heroes 6

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz
4.0 gb ram
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset
1 Terrabyte hard drive

NTR75
10-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Elementalist.:
The minimum for ATI cards is ATI® RADEON® HD 2600.

What kind of videocard is better HD2600 or X1950XTX? I think X1950 is much better for all parameters except DirectX 10 support http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif System requirements of this game satisfied both ot them. But for X1950 game wrote: "No Able Video Adapters Found to Run the Game"

AsherRobinson
10-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Would i be able to play with the follow specs? IF not what is the most recent version of HMM you think i could run alright?

Specifications for F3Ja as reviewed:
Intel Core Duo Processor T2400 1.83GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 667MHz
Mobile Intel 945PM Express Chipset
2 GB DDR2 667MHz Ram (I upgraded from 1GB)
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 External 256MB VRAM /with 512MB Hypermemory
SATA 100 GB 5400rpm

Don't know enough about computer stuff to work this out, thanks.

NeptuneUK2001
10-15-2011, 06:41 PM
H6 works fine maxed out on my desktop.
However the game is barely playable on my laptop. I understand that many laptops would struggle to play a game like this and that the corresponding mobile graphics chips are not officially supported... but I still feel somethings wrong as the game mouse cursor and 2D menus seem to be slow and lagging even though when I dont use any in-game menus or scroll the screen the FPS seems relatively high (If you know what I mean) When navigating the in-game menus/issuing orders etc it seems very sluggish, but the battle animations are smooth-ish.

My laptop has the following specs:
Core 2 duo 2.4ghz
4Gb Ram
Geforce 9600GS
500Gb SATA
blah blah etc

Has anyone else reported similar issues? The framerate seems high enough but the game behaves in a choppy manner overall.

NeptuneUK2001
10-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by AsherRobinson:
Would i be able to play with the follow specs? IF not what is the most recent version of HMM you think i could run alright?

Specifications for F3Ja as reviewed:
Intel Core Duo Processor T2400 1.83GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 667MHz
Mobile Intel 945PM Express Chipset
2 GB DDR2 667MHz Ram (I upgraded from 1GB)
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 External 256MB VRAM /with 512MB Hypermemory
SATA 100 GB 5400rpm

Don't know enough about computer stuff to work this out, thanks.

It will not run very well at all if it even starts up. These specs are [not] on par with the minimum requirements, sorry.

harofire
10-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Hello! Please make fun of me for asking this question.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I have a Dell XPS with SLI and Geforce GTX 7900 video cards (2 of them). I just purchased this game and when I try to play I get an error of the video card not meeting minimum specs. My pc typically will eat up any game I have tried to play. Any help?? I thought about over clocking my cards but I still dont see that this game would push my system more than the other games I play. Thanks!

Sorceresss
10-16-2011, 07:29 PM
I have no desire to make fun of you. Your videocard is under the official minimum requirements :

" NVidia™ GeForce® 8600GTS (512 VRAM) ". That is why you get the message : you are not meeting the minimum specs.

harofire
10-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Thank you Sorceress. The question of course is why the heck did I buy this? Very odd as my computer will play any game on the market but this one?? Crazy. Not your fault and I appreciate the response but I am shocked as I can see a number of people are, by this odd requirement.

I love owning a $50 game that I cant play with my $5,000.00 computer. LOL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fanaticster500
10-16-2011, 11:52 PM
I really wish there were tweaks that could be made to Shader Model requirements. My laptop integrated graphics card only supports Shader Model 2.0. I've been looking forward to playing the game, but it sucks being broke as a joke unable to play said game.

dragondaze
10-17-2011, 03:34 PM
So my HD4200 w/ its 256MB-dedicated and 3,000MB total; will not be enough because of the first hurdle = 512MB-dedicated? correct?

mikkelgro
10-18-2011, 02:29 PM
@harofire, could it be that H6 doesn't support SLI, or perhaps not with a duo of your graphics card type? Just throwing out a theory here, since I've heard of other applications (games, programs) that got a bit grumpy with SLI. If possible, try disabling the SLI in some settings. To be honest, I've never had an SLI equipped machine myself, but know a few that have and they told me of several games in particular that either performed poorly or not at all with SLI.

My 2c.

BigOJS
10-18-2011, 02:36 PM
I am having laptop with ATI Radeon HD4650. Does anybody know can I play Heroes VI with this graphic card and if so how slow/fast it is.

Hopefully you guys can help me here.

Bitula
10-19-2011, 03:32 AM
Video card : NVidia™ GeForce® 8600GTS (512 VRAM)

Doesnt S mean SLI? But then AFAIK SLI is not supported, so why is it a minimal requirement? (I have an SLI as well, can it be known if it is now supported, or will be sometimes supported).

vertodron
10-21-2011, 07:56 AM
run on a laptop:
processor i5 - 2.6 GHz
Memory - 3 Gb DDR3
graphics card - Nvidia GeForce GT540m (1Gb)
Nvidia 280.26 driver update from 4/1/28
Nvidi PhysiX 9.10.0514
DirectX 9.0c, 10,11
Net Framework 1.1, 3.0, 4
MS Visual C + + 2005,2008
game freezes at the moment is to commence movie - there is a mini-window boot and hangs.
OS - Win7 Home Basic SP1, License

dchalfont
10-21-2011, 09:59 AM
The only people complaining are laptop owners.

It runs at 60 frames constant maxed at 1080p for me.

Trying to play games on laptops that have GPUs that can barely run an MPG video at 30 frames is insane.

jarlawuk
10-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Run on desktop

i7 2.86 ghz
6gb ram
Ati Radeon 4870 with cooling and 1gb ram and latest catalyst drivers
DirectX 11

Game crashes constantly, mostly to desktop occasionally locks up pc and need to switch pc off/on.

merlin_zaraza
10-22-2011, 02:47 AM
Dear developers of this beautiful game.
I can't run on my laptop with GeForce 310m.
Game freezes at mini-window. Please DO something.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1096804/m/3311008359 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4611096804/m/3311008359)

wiekone
10-26-2011, 04:29 PM
I run Q 9450 processor with nvidia 8800GT SLI and 4gb ram. Game crasches, "lack of video memory" or something like that.

It meets the minimum requirements, I have everything on lowest settings and it still crashes every time i try to enter either a fight or a castle. Comment?

Sinekyre
10-27-2011, 03:02 AM
I'm on a desktop and the game is laggy and the framerate is horrible for me. Did you program this game with spaghetti code?

My system (which CAN'T run MM6 properly):

AMD X2 Processor @ 3200 Mhz
8 GB RAM
Radeon HD 5750 1GB GDDR5

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Jililuokta
10-27-2011, 04:19 AM
The problem is that the graphics is almost identical to HoMM5. There is nothing new and inventive that should require a monster machine to run it.

I have an old machine with a 8500GT that cannot run the game. So I had to order a new one only for this game =/

foiden
10-31-2011, 05:46 AM
Well, I guess my fears were averted. I was a bit worried about my ability to run this game. The demo showed promise as it fully ran on my machine and fairly well. The full game, on the other hand, I was worried it wouldn't run after buying it on Steam last night.

Apparently, I forgot that Apple kind of slipped up and put much more extra graphics capability in their 2010 MBA models than advertised. Needless to say, the game runs beautifully at just under the medium settings on the 320M with the 2.13GHZ Cord 2 Duo. If put on medium, it's perfectly playable, but has a mild choppiness when trying to smoothly move the camera around. In gameplay and combat, it's pretty smooth. Take a few things down a notch from there, and it runs smooth across and even in 3D cutscenes. What they didn't tell me about this card (but what is revealed in the Nvidia hardware settings) is that Windows 7 can address up to a bit over a Gigabyte of graphics memory for the 320M on machines with 4GB or more ram, though 256M is set to dedicated.

Oddly, this game sees all that memory and just runs with it. But I would imagine a number of these other machines also fit into the requirements due to their addressability, but something in the specific hardware combination was having issues with the game. If my machine can run it this well, I would imagine this is more of an issue of hardware combinations the game can't seem to utilize well, yet. Probably could be answered in a patch or so since I'd expect that Radeon HD(alone) should've blown my specs to dust. No way should my machine perform better.

kmaawad
11-03-2011, 02:01 PM
One question I have the following;
Intel core i3
Windows 7
4gb Ram
video card; intel(R) graphic HD

I try to run the game and every time the starting video want to start the game reebot send me to the first little square and remains taher till I close it with the task bar manager.

Do someone could explain what could be the problem¿

wiekone
11-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Someone can help me on this one?
Read above, game crashes due to lack of video memory.

Minimum req is 8600GTS, i have 8800GT.

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com...Mi9zaWQvdzUzLTN5SWs= (http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14932/p/88,2333/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyMDY5ODYxMi9zaWQvdzUzLTN5SWs=)

Heeeeelp

hillsaxe
11-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by kmaawad:
One question I have the following;
Intel core i3
Windows 7
4gb Ram
video card; intel(R) graphic HD

I try to run the game and every time the starting video want to start the game reebot send me to the first little square and remains taher till I close it with the task bar manager.

Do someone could explain what could be the problem¿

@kmaawad: as soon as it says "Intel" in relation to graphics hardware it means that it is a built-in (into the motherboard) "budget" or laptop solution, minimal dedicated graphics memory etc, not fit for playing gaphically demanding games..

funny though that there seems to be a routine checking graphic card specs which stops people with more than ample graphic power from playing whereas people with not even a dedicated graphics card can try and consequently fail

way to go, Ubi

NakedGrif
11-10-2011, 11:03 PM
I just bought this and after installing it says my video card isnt compatible yet its a Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 with 1912 total memory....Why cant it run?

astraaa222
11-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Vista 32x
AMD Turion TL-64 x2 1.8 Mhz
2 GB RAM
GeForce 7400 go 128/512 MB

Any chance for me ?

Sorceresss
11-11-2011, 12:01 PM
@ NakedGrif > Before buying, you had the responsibility to enquire about the minimum requirements.
A GF 6150 is far under the minimum specs in what concerns compatible GeForce cards.

@ astraaa222 > No. Processor & videocard too weak, and 2GB RAM on Vista is tight.

yukonjoe29
11-19-2011, 07:40 AM
Dear Sorceress and others who know a lot more than I:
I bought MM6 but can't play on my laptop. No problem, I need to get a desktop for work. Does anyone have any recommendations on what type/brand that will come with the system requirements for MM6?
I can only spend about $800. Was thinking about going to a Staples. Does the brand (HP, Gateway, etc.) matter? How will I know if the video card is compatible? I know very little about PC systems. I just don't want to buy a desktop and take it home to find out that I can't use the game.
For example, the desktops at Staples have "Intel Core i3-2100 Processor" and a "Video Graphics" of "Intel HD Graphics." Is that the graphics card? That doesn't sound compatible to me. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

ogreman76
11-20-2011, 07:50 AM
Will the intel 4 chipset graphics card ever work for this game? I think the only reason I cannot get this game to run is because of this reason. I want to avoid buying a video card just for this game if it'll be made compatible some time

Sorceresss
11-20-2011, 10:39 AM
"Video Graphics" of "Intel HD Graphics." Is that the graphics card? That doesn't sound compatible to me.

Yes, it is the graphics chipset.
You are correct : it is not compatible.
For Heroes 6, you need a supported GeForce or Radeon videocard.

Will the intel 4 chipset graphics card ever work for this game?

NO. Intel graphics chipsets are not designed for complex 3D contemporary games.

ogreman76
11-22-2011, 07:53 AM
thank you sorceress for confirming that for me. Looks like I'll have to purchase one of those miniumum requirement graphic cards http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif But I could probably sell this intel one and get some $ back :P...thanks again (Now I know what needs to be done to play this game!)

Mikkeye
11-23-2011, 10:13 AM
I have Windows 7, 32x 4Gt,
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M and 2Gb RAM.

Is that not enough to run the game, as it crashes every time at the moment I try to start a campaign/any other game mode.

Sorceresss
11-25-2011, 06:23 PM
The cause of your crashes might be a compatibility issue between your laptop videocard and the game programme. It is currently a well known situation that Heroes 6 does not run adequately on all laptops. The suspected cause is a compatibility issue between "mobile" videocard architecture (the M in your 330M card) and the Game's graphical code. There is an official thread on this situation, but it does not offer fail-safe fixes :

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1096804/m/3311008359 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4611096804/m/3311008359)

Sorceresss
11-26-2011, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by ogreman76 :

Looks like I'll have to purchase one of those miniumum requirement graphic cards

I do not recommend that you do that : "minimum requirement" is a deceptive expression. It just means that the videocard will let you run the Game, but you will have to run it at low-quality settings. I have read angry posts by people who met the minimum requirements and who experienced problems that made the Game unplayable.

I would say that the "recommended" requirements are the real minimum -- but still a minimum, a better sort of minimum.

Anyway, it is a good investment to purchase the best videocard you can afford, in order to secure yourself good gaming in the 2012-2013 period (at least).

To my knowledge, you will not be able to sell your Intel graphics chipset : it is integrated to the motherboard. You would have to sell the motherboard and then purchase a new one + the new videocard. (3D-gaming quality cards are not integrated to a motherboard : they are separate pieces of hardware.)

MyPol
11-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Quite right. You should start at least with card targeted "For occasional" gaming.

Such is H5750 and above or Nvidia GTS 450 , when we're speaking about newer models.

Less performance is sort of hazard, although it may work there are many reasons why you should not pick these up - one of them is, that this wouldn't be money/performance wise investment to the future.

saba7saba7
11-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Hi
After installing the game and applying all updates and patches whenever I try to run the game it gives me the following error:
"Your video card does not meet the minimum requirements"

Is there a way to bypass that check and run the game anyway ?

Sorceresss
11-29-2011, 05:35 PM
I do not think so. I have never read that somebody successfully bypassed that videocard check.

You can test you luck by contacting Ubisoft Support :

http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/...nationalSupport.aspx (http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx)

If you contact Support, you will have to at least give it this info : videocard brand + exact model number.

bogdantoshev
11-29-2011, 06:11 PM
hi, i have a bit dull question... im expecting a major change patch here and i want to ask: Is it possible that this patch makes the system requirments for this game higher?

skeletonking666
12-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Hi i apparently can't run the game i have installed including all patches and when i start it comes up with loading picture goes black then goes back to the loading picture and freeze's any idea why my computer specs are

Intel® Celeron® Processor T3500 (dual core 2.1ghz cpus)
4gb Ram
windows 7

MyPol
12-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by skeletonking666:
Hi i apparently can't run the game i have installed including all patches and when i start it comes up with loading picture goes black then goes back to the loading picture and freeze's any idea why my computer specs are

4gb Ram
windows 7
I'm afraid that you're out of luck in any case.
Notebook graphic cards are not supported (if it's your case) and your processor is below the minimal requirements, although quite a little. Min proc is: 2 Ghz Intel® Pentium® Core 2 Duo E4400 whereas you have 2,1GHz but just Celeron! Even if you would be able to play the game it would be "dangerous" experience. A better graphic card with this processor will not make it much better.

Sorry mate.

pjdude1219
12-12-2011, 06:40 PM
my processor is an intel(R) Core(tm)i3 CPU M70@ 2.4 GHz is this enough or did I waste 50 bucks on a game my comp can't run

in device manager it list 4 of this processor

MyPol
12-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by pjdude1219:
my processor is an intel(R) Core(tm)i3 CPU M70@ 2.4 GHz is this enough or did I waste 50 bucks on a game my comp can't run

in device manager it list 4 of this processor
From the processor point of view, that is enough.

What about graphic card? Remember notebook cards are not supported, hopefully they will change it later but that's not the case now .

wumpymango
12-16-2011, 03:52 AM
Did the demo have lower system requirements? I tried playing that on the following computer (laptop):

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300 @ 1,3 GHz 64-bit
4GB RAM SO-DIMM DDR3 1066MHz
GeForce G210M 512MB VRAM
Resolution: 1366x768

This worked pretty well, I had to lower some graphics, but it went pretty lag free.
Now I've bought the full game and I'm playing it on my newer machine (also laptop) with the following system:

Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD E-series E-450 (Dual core) @ 1,65 GHz 64-bit
4GB RAM SO-DIMM DDR3 1333MHz
AMD/ATi Mobility Radeon HD 6470 1024MB VRAM
Resolution: 1366x768

This seems to me to be a better computer, but on this the game just lags all the time! I've lowered all the settings to the lowest but it keeps lagging anyways. Does anyone know what part of my system is at fault here? Is it the processor or graphics card or something else? I really want to be able to play this smoothly. I only play in offline mode. Also, even the intro video is lagging.

Can I tweak anything on my computer in order for it to work more smoothly? I'd appreciate any help!

MyPol
12-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by wumpymango:
Did the demo have lower system requirements?
YES

The minimum requirement and understand that please like an absolute minimum, is 2GHz processor, not a celeron or sempron, in their case freq. must be a bit higher.

It's all written in game requirements shipped with the game and somewhere on the ubi site.

And you're so lucky that you can play it on notebook - as nb vga cards are not supported by game.

Furthermore both, SU7300 or E-450 are low energy and low performance processors not intended for gaming. Also not even for some office work.

Honestly, start from P6200 up for any real work to i3 - i7.. in case that you're so lucky that it does work with your nb vga card against all odds.

spijkerpower
12-19-2011, 03:44 PM
i never post something on a forum

but this time i make a very important eception:

why:

i am a big fan of heroes of might and magic, i played heroes III so much that i can play the highest difficulty and set a score of lich king my nefhue ( son of a umcle) has the score of archangel with also the highest grade

i love heroes (III)

why only III because ubisoft why i really dont know makes this game commercial a market game a game that has not improved, doesn have more or advanced or even new imrovements in the game and so do other game producers that copied this game

what you see in heroes III and thats the most importand, this crew/person put love , devotion and time in this game , they where trying too sell a game they where just wanted too create a dreamworld. and they did that its a amazing game

ubisoft u guys destroyed the game , by just want too make money with the game and not too create something special

this post is probally gonna be deleted but i know its true u guys just ruined the game

heroes 6 isnt even better, i have too say after making 3 parts its different but not better maybe even worse

why o why

u guys had 12 years!!!!! when after 12 years the game reached its popularity u guys made 6 and 3 is still better

stop try too sell and make actually something worthy

parccorp
12-26-2011, 07:18 AM
I´m trying to play H6, but the image is flickering. It's just impossibe to walk throughout the map... Already tried to lower some graphics and change resolution.
(Trying) Playing on:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel® Core™ i5 3.20 GHz 64-bit
AMD/ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5570 1024MB VRAM

I've set the configurations to the minimum, but still can't play.. Any suggestions?

P.S.: my laptop (i5, Intel HD Graphics) runs the game pretty well at lower configurations.

FireWhoWalks
12-26-2011, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by parccorp:
I´m trying to play H6, but the image is flickering. It's just impossibe to walk throughout the map... Already tried to lower some graphics and change resolution.
(Trying) Playing on:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel® Core™ i5 3.20 GHz 64-bit
AMD/ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5570 1024MB VRAM

I've set the configurations to the minimum, but still can't play.. Any suggestions?

P.S.: my laptop (i5, Intel HD Graphics) runs the game pretty well at lower configurations.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Ubisoft game launcher has fixed flickering issues for other users.

Borsook
01-14-2012, 06:40 PM

4gb Ram
windows 7
I have exactly the same problem and similar specs, with a bit faster processor and 6 GB of RAM. The game does not display any message, just freezes, with the process talking around 130 mb of RAM and 25% CPU time.

What's really funny is that I have another computer with 1.8GHZ Single Core processor, 2GB RAM and an ATI card and the game does run on that, fine at that. So I guess it's some issue with Intel GPU, probably even the drivers not the hardware itself.

Still the game should be able to warn that it can't run on this hardware and just go into a loop.

one_071
01-19-2012, 08:35 AM
when it will be the optimization of the game Might and Magic Heroes 6 ???!!!! or you just your ****ing konflyuks fazhen and the cursor blink? and what the hell are the final version of the game has so much on raw code, the feeling that the beta test from another company, and ended up with is not clear what a terrible balance, optimization, support, regular departures to the desktop. in general I do not know what you're doing, but I can confidently say that with your every patch as it is only worse. do not know how to do, so give "his creation" of another company. I very much hope that the possible continuation of the series Heroes of Might and Magic you do not trust. referring to such a terrible attitude to people who purchase your products.

kirei_lanford
02-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Hi,
My laptop is ASUS K401J.. It clearly doesnt meet the requirement (mostly for the graphic requirement).
Im planning to buy ASUS A52JC. It has these specification:

Intel Core i3 (370M/350M/330M) and i5 (540M/520M/450M/430M) processor options
15.6"LED-backlit LCD display @ 1366 x 768
Supports up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM
Supports up to 640GB (5400rpm) hard drive space
NVIDIA GeForce 310M graphics processor
4-in-1 card reader
802.11b/g/n WiFi card

What do you think... Does it meet the requirement for this game?!
A better recommendation would be welcome, yet i really appreciated if the price range is below $900 (which is my maximum budget for now).
Plenty of thanks.

Regards,
Lanford

MyPol
03-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Intel Core i3 (370M/350M/330M) and i5 (540M/520M/450M/430M) processor options
15.6"LED-backlit LCD display @ 1366 x 768
Supports up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM
Supports up to 640GB (5400rpm) hard drive space
NVIDIA GeForce 310M graphics processor
4-in-1 card reader
802.11b/g/n WiFi card

What do you think... Does it meet the requirement for this game?!
A better recommendation would be welcome, yet i really appreciated if the price range is below $900 (which is my maximum budget for now).
Plenty of thanks.

Regards,
Lanford
It may work and likely will, search for someone with 310M graphic card for confirmation, who's actively playing the game - best after 1.3 patch will be out, in the second half of the March.

However officially it's not supported as all mobile graphic cards are out. What really does matter is processor horsepower - frequency above 2GHz - note here that i5/i7 have Turbo function which is godlike for games - and graphic card must support Shader Model 3.0

themarxx
04-19-2012, 10:40 AM
I have run the game on a 2008 Macbook Pro Bootcamp Win7 with the following specs
2.4 Dual Core
2 GB Ram
8600GTM (256MB)

On Minimal settings it was playable, albeit rather jerky

Mraque
04-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Hello !

I cant play M&MH VI because game said that my videocard is crap.
I have NVidea 6600 GT. I play World of Warcarft and Diablo 3 no problem. After patch 1.2 where Bioware update technical core of the game I can play SWTOR too.
I can play other games that released in 2011-2012.

But I cant play M&MH VI. Why I cant launch the game and set graphical preferences to low ?

Do you plan updating technical core so it support videocards 6 or 7 NVidea series ?

Sorry for mu gramma.
Thx for future reply.

Matrick1956
05-30-2012, 04:04 PM
I have an HP laptop with a ATI 5650 graphics card and i7 procesor. When the game first came out I installed it through steam and it played well. Then I stopped playing for about a couple months. Now whenever I try to run the game I keep getting this message. Heroes VI has encountered aproblem and has stopped working. This happens after the Game updates it self and syncs saves. Ive tryed reinstalling the launcher and the game but always with the same result. I reallly like the game but dont know what else to do . Anyone have the same problem?

MyPol
06-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Were you updating your VGA drivers recently?

Chattray
09-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Support declared that my lockup problems were caused by my computer being below standard requirements. They further stated that the game was not meant to be played on a notebook. I would like to completely uninstall Heroes 6 and Ubisoft. When I point to uninstall on the Ubisoft page it sends me to the Microsoft program uninstall page. I wanted to ask if that procedure will remove everything from my computer and registry.

Thanks for you help.

NakiBest
09-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Support declared that my lockup problems were caused by my computer being below standard requirements. They further stated that the game was not meant to be played on a notebook. I would like to completely uninstall Heroes 6 and Ubisoft. When I point to uninstall on the Ubisoft page it sends me to the Microsoft program uninstall page. I wanted to ask if that procedure will remove everything from my computer and registry.

Thanks for you help.
What version of Windows do you have? What kind of Heroes VI game do you use - DVD box, UBI digital download, Steam?

nickwalton1
01-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi peeps,

After a quick bit of advice as my knowledge of system requirements and what they mean is rubbish!

My present PC is about 5 years old and can't play Heroes 6 which I got for Christmas.

Will the following system play it?

CPU and Memory:

•Intel G550.
•Processor speed 2.6GHz.
•8GB DDR3 RAM.
Hard drive:

•1024GB SATA hard drive.
DVD optical drives:

•Dual layer 22x CD-ROM speed ,8x DVD-ROM speed.
Graphics:

•Shared graphics.
•On-board graphics memory.
•Intel Intel HD 2000 Graphics Card graphics card with 1MB memory.
Interfaces and connectivity:

•6 USB ports.
•Ethernet port.
•Wired keyboard and mouse.
Sound:

•8 channel sound system.
Operating system & software:

•Microsoft Windows 8.
•Microsoft Home and Office (trial version).
•Adobe Reader.

Thanks for your help

NakiBest
01-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Is that Intel HD 2000 GPU the only GPU you have? If so, the game may not run well, if at all.
You need either a better discrete GPU (AMD/Nvidia) or a better Intel GPU - for example HD 3000/4000 or better.
I am not saying the game won't work, you have to try and see...

nickwalton1
01-01-2013, 10:27 PM
This was a computer that was on offer. I haven't bought it yet in case it didn't do what I wanted.

NakiBest
01-01-2013, 10:52 PM
This was a computer that was on offer. I haven't bought it yet in case it didn't do what I wanted.
What computer do you have now - what OS, what CPU/GPU/RAM?
It may still run Heroes VI, maybe you just need to tweak it.
Also, not sure what program you used to check that new PC (or laptop?) specs, but it sucks - there are no Intel GPUs with 1 MB of memory, that makes no sense.

nickwalton1
01-02-2013, 09:07 AM
My present system is old.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+ (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 1790MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03D6&SUBSYS_03D61849&REV_A2
Display Memory: 889 MB
Dedicated Memory: 249 MB
Shared Memory: 639 MB

This is the link for the PC http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/154308.htm

NakiBest
01-02-2013, 06:23 PM
My present system is old.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+ (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 1790MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03D6&SUBSYS_03D61849&REV_A2
Display Memory: 889 MB
Dedicated Memory: 249 MB
Shared Memory: 639 MB

This is the link for the PC http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/154308.htm
Your present PC will run the game fine, if you get a separate/discrete videocard. You just need to buy a Nvidia or AMD videocard with 512 MB or more of videoRAM, and the Heroes VI game will work sufficiently well.

EDIT: Sorry, got confused - is the link you are giving a link to your present PC, or a new system you intended to buy?
EDIT #2: Sorry, I am not sure about your CPU too - it seems it may be too weak for the game.
Maybe someone else here can chime in with a suggestion.

Anyway, this is NOT the proper forum to discuss computer hardware.

MyPol
02-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi peeps,

After a quick bit of advice as my knowledge of system requirements and what they mean is rubbish!

My present PC is about 5 years old and can't play Heroes 6 which I got for Christmas.

Will the following system play it?

CPU and Memory:

•Intel G550.
•Processor speed 2.6GHz.
•8GB DDR3 RAM.
Hard drive:

•1024GB SATA hard drive.
DVD optical drives:

•Dual layer 22x CD-ROM speed ,8x DVD-ROM speed.
Graphics:

•Shared graphics.
•On-board graphics memory.
•Intel Intel HD 2000 Graphics Card graphics card with 1MB memory.
Interfaces and connectivity:

•6 USB ports.
•Ethernet port.
•Wired keyboard and mouse.
Sound:

•8 channel sound system.
Operating system & software:

•Microsoft Windows 8.
•Microsoft Home and Office (trial version).
•Adobe Reader.

Thanks for your help

Your old computer will not be able to run it. Minimal specs for the game are here (http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14932/p/88,2333/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyNjU0NjcwMy9zaWQvRFdRNCo2T2s%3D). Your new computer will do but you will need to add a graphic card, probably ATI HD6670. Anyway I hope that it's a deal, cause it's just office PC.

Specifically for Windows 8 I can't say. Probably it will not be complication, haven't chance to try. As for Microsoft Office try to take something from Toshiba or HP, where is included Microsoft Office Start.