PDA

View Full Version : how they shooT!!!

S.taibanzai
01-18-2005, 12:41 AM
Question

in the zero the pilots would pul levers towards him for shooting he's guns right? or not ?

but i wonder how is it posible to do it when in combat

you need your bouth hands one for stick other for trothle ,mix trim, etc

was this dont by o cord that atached the two gunlevers on ? or did they realy put left hand on lever pull, right hand on lever pull

or must they be so fast with there hands

or did they shoot only right then left

i was thinking of it and i cant understand it how is it posible ,how they did it

there seems no pics of gunbutons on the stick

or am i just completly wrong here

i need a answer on this, i cant figure it out, realy i cant

S.taibanzai
01-18-2005, 12:45 AM
if some one would have some pics of zero cockpit

with the gunlevers maybe i can understand it

Matz0r
01-18-2005, 01:02 AM
The levers are there for cocking the guns in case they jam.

actionhank1786
01-18-2005, 01:37 AM
if anything, i'm sure they could have done it on the ground before take off

Waldo.Pepper
01-18-2005, 01:43 AM
The levers are for 'charging' the guns before you fire them.

On the Zero the firing button (the trigger if you will) is on the throttle.

SaQSoN
01-18-2005, 01:50 AM
The gun trigger on many Japanese fighters, particulary the naval ones, was situated on the throttle lever. It was looking like a bicycle handbrake lever. On the right side of the throttle lever was also a weapon switch, used to select either machine guns only or all weapons.
And on the control stick they oftenly had the combat flap control. A pilot would select the desired flap deflection angle with a special rotary control (sometimes situated on the top of the stick) and then pull a "trigger" on the stick to lower flaps. When the "trigger" was released, the flaps would automatically rise.

TenYardxFight
01-18-2005, 02:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SaQSoN:
The gun trigger on many Japanese fighters, particulary the naval ones, was situated on the throttle lever. It was looking like a bicycle handbrake lever. On the right side of the throttle lever was also a weapon switch, used to select either machine guns only or all weapons.
And on the control stick they oftenly had the combat flap control. A pilot would select the desired flap deflection angle with a special rotary control (sometimes situated on the top of the stick) and then pull a "trigger" on the stick to lower flaps. When the "trigger" was released, the flaps would automatically rise. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, that's pretty clever.