PDA

View Full Version : 1946?

Zinmar
03-30-2007, 10:16 PM
I just bought the IL2, Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters. I have yet to install them on my system when this 1946 was shown to me. I guess my question is, do I need to install these others, patch them up than go buy 1946? Or can I take these others back and just go buy 1946 and be able to play all the various aircraft? If I do need to install all of them where can I find all these various patches that I have heard mentioned, from the 3. whatever to the now 4.o8, and what is the m designation that I keep hearing mentioned? Thanks for all the help that I hope to receive.

Zinmar
03-30-2007, 10:16 PM
I just bought the IL2, Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters. I have yet to install them on my system when this 1946 was shown to me. I guess my question is, do I need to install these others, patch them up than go buy 1946? Or can I take these others back and just go buy 1946 and be able to play all the various aircraft? If I do need to install all of them where can I find all these various patches that I have heard mentioned, from the 3. whatever to the now 4.o8, and what is the m designation that I keep hearing mentioned? Thanks for all the help that I hope to receive.

Skycat_2
03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
The 1946 DVD in the stores has everything. Just install the DVD and top it off with the 4.08m patch.

The download version of 1946 is an expansion for the earlier parts of the series. If that's what you are asking about, then yes you'll have to install FB+ Ace Expansion Pack + Pacific Fighters first. Those three and in that order. I think you'll have to install the five upgrade patches to get you to 4.04m before you install the 1946 download. Forget about IL-2 Sturmovik, it can't be expanded upon.

The DVD is the simplest route, and probably cheaper than buying the download version and also AEP (if you can even find AEP).

Skycat_2
03-30-2007, 10:31 PM
The 'm' is shorthand for 'merged.' By this, we mean that you have Forgotten Battles and Ace Expansion Pack installed, and you add Pacific Fighters as an expansion.

If you do not have AEP, there is no way to 'merge' Pacific Fighters to Forgotten Battles. You won't be able to use the 'm' patches (example: pf_303m, pf_401m). Instead, you'll have to use the PF upgrade patches that do not have the lower case 'm' in the name and are specifically for the 'stand-alone' version of Pacific Fighters.

More information and links can be found here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/4721047273).

Zinmar
03-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks Much!!! The box set I have does come with Aces expansion, however it sounds like I can take these programs back and just buy the 1946 game. That will allow me to fly the pacific and such or do I need to buy the download version and patch up to allow me to do the pacific region. I was wanting to run 2 campaigns for myself one in Europe and the other in SE Asia. So that is why I was wondering if I needed to just patch up or if 1946 included all the other versions out there.

Bearcat99
03-30-2007, 10:55 PM
46 is all you will need.... then just patch it to 4.08m.

Zinmar
03-30-2007, 10:59 PM
SWEET!!!! Thanks so much for the help and information!! Looks like I have some buying to do tomorrow.

Skycat_2
03-31-2007, 12:02 AM
After you get it, look here to upgrade the DVD version (http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2163129&page=1#Post2163129).

If you're hoping to play campaigns set in Western Europe, especially USAAF and RAF vs. Luftwaffe, the bad news is that the series does not include any as stock. There is a reason behind this, but what it comes down to is that you may want to consider an addtional dynamic missions pack titled Battle Over Europe. It's available from JustFlight.com for $14 (as I recall), and that includes the shipping from England. GoGamer.com also carries it but it will cost you a few more dollars through them. BOE was the first commercial add-on project for the IL-2 series by Ilya Shevchenko's Russian Rocket Group; Ilya went on to produce Pacific Fighters and most of the new content on the 1946 DVD.

BOE won't add any new planes or maps -- the Normandy and Ardennes maps that RRG built for this product were included in an official upgrade patch for Forgotten Battles -- but it will give you P-47, P-51, Me109 and Fw190 campaigns out of the box. Update patches add RAF careers plus P-38, Spitfire, A-20, B-25, Bf110 and other career options.

BOE is definately an optional purchase, but I consider it worth the money I spent.

RS.Wedge
04-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Hello Zinmar,

I see that you are relatively new to IL2 and are interested in IL2 Sturmovik 1946. I wanted to let you know that The Rogue Saints are recruiting all skill levels: from the beginning pilot to the most experienced ace. We are seeking team minded dedicated individuals for our IL2 Team. We have recently joined the Forgotten Skies Online War and are currently seeking competitive matching ladders that specifically host IL2 Sturmovik 1946.

Come check us out, post in our [RS] Welcoming Mat forum, and fill out an application if interested in working with dedicated teammates.

www.rogue-saints.com (http://www.rogue-saints.com)

Regards,

[RS]Wedge