PDA

View Full Version : Only one Flak-gun firing at a time?

Wyrmo
10-21-2005, 09:32 AM
For some reason, only one of my flak-guns will fire when I let them go automatically. That beeing the last one I manned manualy.
Is this a bug, because I know I've seen my men using multiple flakguns in the past.

Kaleun1961
10-21-2005, 09:34 AM
I've read similar stuff as well. One possibility is that the field of fire for the one gun may be blocked. I've also read that in some circumstances you have to wake them up somehow. I'm sure somebody else who's had this problem will post a reply.

Wyrmo
10-21-2005, 10:24 AM
I managed to wake them by manning guns not currently working while the gun that were working engaged an aircraft.

AO1_AW_SW_USN
10-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Kaleun1961:
I've read similar stuff as well. One possibility is that the field of fire for the one gun may be blocked. I've also read that in some circumstances you have to wake them up somehow. I'm sure somebody else who's had this problem will post a reply.

Ive addressed this issue in the "SH3 Unoffical BugList Collection Thread/List" on page 16.

For some reason after you've mannually used a flak gun, the individual assigned to the gun that you were using refuses to fire again. It's incredibly annoying that you're getting hammered by enemy aircraft, and all, 1/2 or 2/3rds of your anti-air crew isn't working properly.

gabriel_cd
10-23-2005, 08:39 PM
I too, have had this problem.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Wyrmo
10-24-2005, 03:06 AM
I thought I already did http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Well, lets try to be a bit more precise.

If, for example only gun 1 is firing at incoming aircraft. Wait until you can see it start tracking a target.
As soon as it does, quickly enter gun 2 and then gun 3 (if you have 3) and then return to the bridge-view.
Voila, all guns should now be tracking and firing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Maj_Solo
10-24-2005, 11:19 AM
It is correct that it can happen, and I haven't found a way to rectify this problem for the rest of the cruise. Save reload does not help. Maybe I pushed on button or something I didnt know of.