PDA

View Full Version : Level Stabilizer problem

Fighterduck
07-05-2005, 04:44 AM
Since I instaled the 4.01 patch , my level stab for the b-25 doesn't work anymore and i don't know why.

In the config files there is no default button for it, so i used N button. But when i push it....nothing happens.

VT-51_Razor
07-05-2005, 07:02 AM
Does it still work for the He-111, or Betty?

WWSensei
07-05-2005, 07:39 AM
It's working fine for me in all three...

Fighterduck
07-05-2005, 08:22 AM
i only use b25 for level bombing...never used others bomber.
But i really don't know why it doesn't work...I give TAS and altitude, then i push level stb button but it doesn't work. So i can't make good bombing rides.

Does anyone have a config file to give me please?meaby i have courrupted mine...don't know

antifreeze
07-05-2005, 10:47 AM
The key settings are not in the config file (conf.ini).
They are in a file called 'settings.ini' which is in your 'users' folder.
Try assigning another key instead, leave the controls screen, test that it works, and then re-assign the 'n' key and test it again. I'm sure it will work.
If not, then try clicking the 'default' button, and then reassign all your keys again; it'll only take a few minutes.

new-fherathras
07-05-2005, 11:04 AM
many people do the mistake of mapping the key to: "Toggle Level Autopilot"

this is wrong.

you must map the key to: "Level Stabilizer"

these two similar commands have caused me much headake. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Fighterduck
07-05-2005, 12:47 PM
I have try to set this:

N=AIRCRAFT_STABILIZER

i'm doing something wrong?

WWSensei
07-05-2005, 01:19 PM
instead of fiddling with the settings.ini file just set it on the Controls section of the game and avoid any typo problems witht he mapping file. That's how I did it and it works fine for me.

Fighterduck
07-05-2005, 01:23 PM
but first I've set it in the control pannel...i just used N button..but it didn't work..so i went to the setting.ini to try to do something...but no results.

Fighterduck
07-07-2005, 12:23 AM
please..tell me how do you have set your setting.ini....if my level stab doesn't work i cant really enjoy using b25 also in multyplayer.
help!

Art-J
07-08-2005, 02:57 AM
I don't do level bombing at all, but seeing Your problem, I decided to test this stabilizer and see how it works. First I mapped a key for "level stabilizer" in controls menu (used N key, like You did). Then I took B-25 for a short ride and I've noticed that it works OK. After hitting the N, the plane lifted the nose a little and started to fly at constant altitude.
I looked into "settings.ini" file and the line responsible for this mapping looks like this:

N=Stabilizer

(the line is in the [dgen] section, amongst other keys)
That's all! I have no idea why it doesn't want to work on Your rig. Make sure that the key You are trying to map for stabilizer isn't already mapped for other action. As far as I remember, PF doesn't warn You when You do that by mistake!

Good luck.