PDA

View Full Version : Multiplay via internet and LAN problem

lucas_valentine
02-18-2004, 03:56 AM
I have set up a two-computer network to play IL2. This works fine...I can have one on one battles, etc, etc. The computers use a shared internet connection and I can log on to UBI.com and both computers can join the same or even different servers without any problems. But when I set up the computer with the internet connection to be host, no one else seems to be able to join the game. People seem to be able to enter the room, but they don't enter the game itself. If I disconnect the client computer, everything is fine again and people can join my server and the game works. Can anyone help me sort this out please. Both computers use Win XP home edition, file sharing etc is enabled and the network connection, as I said earlier, works fine. Also the firewall on the internet computer is dissabled. Any help is appreciated!!

lucas_valentine
02-18-2004, 03:56 AM
I have set up a two-computer network to play IL2. This works fine...I can have one on one battles, etc, etc. The computers use a shared internet connection and I can log on to UBI.com and both computers can join the same or even different servers without any problems. But when I set up the computer with the internet connection to be host, no one else seems to be able to join the game. People seem to be able to enter the room, but they don't enter the game itself. If I disconnect the client computer, everything is fine again and people can join my server and the game works. Can anyone help me sort this out please. Both computers use Win XP home edition, file sharing etc is enabled and the network connection, as I said earlier, works fine. Also the firewall on the internet computer is dissabled. Any help is appreciated!!

lucas_valentine
02-23-2004, 11:47 AM
I would say thanks for the response...but I can see I've had none!...Anyway, I've solved this problem myself. It seems you have to disconnect the client computer from the LAN before you start to host a game. Once the game is setup, the client can be reconnected and can join the game normally as can anyone else online. I'm not sure why this is but hey, I've solved my problem so I don't care! If anyone else has the same problem then this is how you can solve it!

ali3n_SLO
02-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Try this: change server's (host) game port (to 200500 for example); helped with me...