PDA

View Full Version : how would you like ubisoft to do "Desmond Combat" in AC3

Radman500
11-21-2011, 06:21 PM
its bound to happen in the next AC3.. desmond will fight dudes... how do you want it to go.. it would feel weird if they were swordfighting/melee in 2012 .... there bound to be some gunplay..

how do you want the combat for desmond to be, which i think will be sort of a challenge for ubisoft

ShadyFusion23
11-21-2011, 06:31 PM
lightsabers provided though the black market from abstergo. Killed by their own tech. lol. WHo knows, that's a challenge for the devs. Maybe desmond find his ancestors old weaponry but has them upgraded somehow to be more modern.

CRUDFACE
11-21-2011, 10:11 PM
It's not really a challenge. We already have enemies in AC: brotherhood & Revelations who use guns, but Ezio walks away just fine.

I think we needs us some awesome tech! then again, Ezio already has enough gadgets. just transfer them over to Desmond and we're good

naran6142
11-21-2011, 10:20 PM
im mainly wondering if ubi is going to add a health bar to desmond, cuz in all previous games we cant take damage

CRUDFACE
11-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
im mainly wondering if ubi is going to add a health bar to desmond, cuz in all previous games we cant take damage

I guess they'd have to. Or they might just keep Desmond out of the action...again.

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Im expecting dark places with a glow stick dangling from his waist, maybe even throwable flares like in tomb raider..

in fact wouldnt surprise me if they went down that style of gameplay. It makes sense if you think about the fact desmond is going to have to probably gain access to underground assassin vaults.

I suspect swords will still be present after all they have focused on the bleeding effect transition to desmond.

Puppet627
11-22-2011, 11:13 AM
He will probably have regenerative health.

As for weapons, I guess Desmond will have a (modernized) hidden blade with variants such as the Shock Blade which is in the AC Encyclopedia.

lukaszep
11-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Hidden blade and stealth. The Templar's and the Assassin's have to stay secretive, they can't run around with guns shooting at each other in public, so that pretty much settles the issue of gun combat anyway. (I'm sure they could include guns in the modern setting, i mean it's in AC2 on wards with Ezio).

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 12:12 PM
right hand a Shock Blade and left hand an hidden gun (handgun designed to be in the arm).

He would be carrying Master Yoda's blade (joke)

He would be carrying a garrote so ppl would have the chose to use the shock blade or the garrote and an assault gun (which requires u to aim)...

It would be weird if there is no gunfight in present days when we get to hear gun shots in ac1.

crash3
11-22-2011, 12:23 PM
I prefer hand-to-hand combat for Desmond, I just hope it's challenging-those Abstergo agents better not be push overs after two games' worth of multiplayer training!

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
I prefer hand-to-hand combat for Desmond, I just hope it's challenging-those Abstergo agents better not be push overs after two games' worth of multiplayer training!
Darn right they better..

deskpe
11-22-2011, 12:47 PM
do you think it'll have a cover system?

Ayush_S92
11-22-2011, 01:53 PM
I have 2 words for you my friend. "Arkham City"

BK-110
11-22-2011, 02:30 PM
He should certainly have the shock blade shown in the Encyclopedia. Other than that, an extendable baton and perhaps a selection of handguns, lethal or non-lethal. Seeing as he ought to be sneaky, he shouldn't run around with huge assault rifles and the kind, which enemies from Abstergo would probably have. So it would still require some stealth and skill to avoid detection and close in on enemies. They might incorporate some kind of cover system, seeing as these missions would likely require quite an amount of stealth. At least I hope they will.

Altair661
11-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Something along the lines of this (http://youtu.be/sxjr_9mPlVE) would be cool, adding in a hidden blade, and putting in some Assassin's Creed elements, it could be really cool. Just take out the guns. Just don't make it where everyone is suddenly using swords in 2012 when they clearly have some good technology (ex. Animus, Sattelitte POE thing, GUNS, etc.).

Please . . . no batons.

TheTruth3402
11-22-2011, 09:53 PM
First of all, now that Desmond has uncovered an artifact and been in contact with Assassins, the templars should be aiming to capture, not kill Desmond. This would take all of the modern artillery out of the equation.

The agents should be armed with tasers, tranquilizer darts and things like that. I'd like to see those silly batons gone, that element is completely unrealistic.

Also, notoriety and staying off the grid should play a major factor in the game. They could build entire missions based on this concept. If anyone remembers "Enemy of the State" with Will Smith, I think a lot of these ideas could be borrowed and updated.

As far as locations for Desmond, I think they should mix modern urban areas and ancient ruins. Perhaps the Temple could be located in some remote excavated city, but Desmond has to first escape an urban metropolis undetected using his assassin skills.

lucifero2114
11-23-2011, 11:28 AM
desmond gameplay:

desmond can leap (of faith) into trash cannisters from the top of skyscrapers?? - in New York ??!

how will ubisoft get rid of using ranged automatic weaponry in a way that is believable?
otherwise, it will be another splinter cell

what about all the cops around modern free roam cities, will desmond become a cop killer? murdering all gaurds he comes across like ezio?

with modern forensic science, hard to explain how desmond can get away with it

LightRey
11-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by lucifero2114:
desmond gameplay:

desmond can leap (of faith) into trash cannisters from the top of skyscrapers now

instead of regular beggars, we will see white trash, drug addicts, right wing fundamentalists, with mormons & creationists substituting the heralds

the end boos would be a jewish corporate scum secretly running wall street, and attacks desmond with USD

just messin around.....
I would hope so. You're going quite far with this.

S-EVANS
11-23-2011, 12:43 PM
I just noticed "TheTruth3402" signature picture (3 posts above) and thought whats to stop the developers making mankind catch up with the TWCB in city design, after all they must already have a degree of related artwork. Also would tie in with previous seen video footage.

I admit it would be a huge jump but considering it should be played out in desmond times rather than his ancestors...

iN3krO
11-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:
I just noticed "TheTruth3402" signature picture (3 posts above) and thought whats to stop the developers making mankind catch up with the TWCB in city design, after all they must already have a degree of related artwork. Also would tie in with previous seen video footage.

I admit it would be a huge jump but considering it should be played out in desmond times rather than his ancestors...

Why not use the atalantida idea? Then we should find it and find the "big" temple.

Ayush_S92
11-23-2011, 12:53 PM

If they want to keep close to the reality, like they have. Then they can't. You don't really think we would have that kind of buildings in an year's time, do you?

S-EVANS
11-23-2011, 12:58 PM
we already have similiar stuff now "IAC building" and that crazy bubble style olympic cube, whilst far fetched, i suppose so yea its possible...

LightRey
11-23-2011, 01:00 PM
we already have similiar stuff now "IAC building" and that crazy bubble style olympic cube, whilst far fetched, i suppose so yea its possible...
Which are all very unique buildings. People don't generally (re)build entire cities to fit "modern" architecture. They just go with whatever works well at the time.

pacmanate
11-23-2011, 01:02 PM
I want him to have japanese katana skills!

S-EVANS
11-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Agreed, just an idea...

Ur_Madjis-T
11-25-2011, 06:38 AM
I think Desmond would have at least a hidden blade, hidden gun and a dagger. I can see him with poison darts and a crossbow as well (Or any other silent long range weapon).

As for a sword, I can't imagine him carrying something other than a Japanese sword (Katana, Wakizashi or some other Japanese sword). Guards on the other hand would probably carry a baton and a sidearm, while Abstergo Templars would have stun rods in place of batons and other more sophisticated weaponry (Snipers would be a pretty exciting addition).

Templar stalkers would probably fight like the multiplayer characters I think, considering the purpose of the training simulations.

BK-110
11-25-2011, 06:59 AM
How can you actually imagine Desmond carrying around any kind of sword? Why exclusively Japanese swords? How in the world are those more likely than any others?!

If he were to carry around any bladed weapon aside from the hidden blade, it might be a combat knife at most in urban areas and perhaps a machete or a kukri if he were in a dense forest area...

itsamea-mario
11-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by BK-110:
How can you actually imagine Desmond carrying around any kind of sword? Why exclusively Japanese swords? How in the world are those more likely than any others?!

If he were to carry around any bladed weapon aside from the hidden blade, it might be a combat knife at most in urban areas and perhaps a machete or a kukri if he were in a dense forest area...

It's more likely he'd have some kind of short katana than a falchion or something.
Though it's unlikely he'd even have a sword.
Then again the majority of his training has been with swords.

tjbyrum1
11-25-2011, 07:13 AM
I imagine a free-roam New York City. That's where they were headed right?

As for combat, I figure we will have the Hidden Blade, the Poison Darts, and a small knife. The Hidden Blade could be used for stealth kills regardless of what year it was in any video game. The small knife could used in melee combat - say you're fighting street thugs or something, I don't know. Also, we could have a silenced pistol for ranged stealth kills, and a rifle for open-weapon combat.

I would ALWAYS hope for a cover system though.

Guards would be replaced by police.

LightRey
11-25-2011, 07:14 AM
Pffsh, you guys are all wrong. Obviously he'll be using an axe. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

tjbyrum1
11-25-2011, 07:17 AM
Regardless of what he uses it will strongly deviate from the original Assassin's Creed Combat I believe.

Unless every cop in New York carries night sticks around.

itsamea-mario
11-25-2011, 07:23 AM
I mean the crossbow may as well be a pistol in ACB/R, so it's not much of a step up to give dezzy a pistol.
A knife replaces the shortblade, throwing knives are still perfectly functional, no reason he can't have most of ezios gadgets.
Bombs are pretty much grenades and landmines.
But I don't think cops should be like guards, since then we'd be expected to kill them and AC doesn't seem like that kind of game.
Perhaps they'd be neutral/allied guards, and Templar owned security agencies would fill the other gaps.

All I really want to do is kill vidic though.

itsamea-mario
11-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
Regardless of what he uses it will strongly deviate from the original Assassin's Creed Combat I believe.

Unless every cop in New York carries night sticks around.

Which they do?

raven11d
11-25-2011, 07:48 AM
i hope the game won't be focussing on modern time. one of the best feature ( if not the best ) of AC is that we can explore historical places from centuries ago. if i wanna explore NY i'll just play GTA4. i wouldn't mind a partial gameplay with desmond but i hope we get to explore egypt now or greece

RzaRecta357
11-25-2011, 07:55 AM
THis is what I love. Now were all stuck for months and no ones knows.

I would love to see a Desmond game with motorcycles instead of horses and dumpsters and zip line shooting guns and what not.

But that probably won't happen and everyone would hate it.

Something is up with his glowly arm, that much is certain.

itsamea-mario
11-25-2011, 07:55 AM
I'd be okay with linear sections for Desmond, but vidic needs to die by des' hand!

RzaRecta357
11-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
I'd be okay with linear sections for Desmond, but vidic needs to die by des' hand!

Haha, I agree on the Viddic thing.

I almost think they're going to stretch out the 3rd game into 2 or 3 games again though.

It seems weird to me that we know almost nothing yet the next game will supposedly feature a new assassin and have Desmond save the world. That's quite the plate.

sameer_monier
11-25-2011, 01:06 PM
why not focus on deeper and harder Stealth with Desmond, since guns can kill faster than a sword, he needs to sneak around, stab from behind, or from above, there should also be un-armed guards, guards with electric rods, knives, ......etc, with some great Hand to Hand Combat, they can really take a page out of Batman Arkham City book

Also I think maybe Ubi will bring the end of the world thing to the game ?!, and we will be running in ruins of the modern day buildings in a post apocalyptic world (I am Alive kinda of thing)

xx-pyro
11-25-2011, 01:49 PM
No free roam cities for Desmond please, just linear sequences is fine (replayable though damnit!) Also, just give him a silenced pistol, his hidden blade, a schock blade, and some grenades. That's not really a step up especially since Abstergo guards aren't (yet) trying to kill him.

kudos17
11-25-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm all for harder stealth segments for Desmond due to the threat of guns.

As for combat? Hrm... I hate regenerative health - it kind of feels like a cop-out. Then again, I don't really want to see a health bar while playing Desmond. Immersion-breaker FTW.

Guns would demand stealth, obviously - unless Ubisoft would plan on making Desmond bulletproof. At the same time, I don't really want to see guards walking right up to ledges and turning around. That just screams "KILL ME ASSASSINS, KILL ME PLEASE!" to Desmond, and to me it screams "WE'RE GONNA HOLD YOUR HAND DURING THE STEALTH SEGMENTS!"

Anyone play Deus Ex: Human Revolution? There's some stealth that takes strategy and is not all stabbity-stabbity-McStab-Stab.

But meh, I'm goin' on a rant here. What I'm trying to say (in a rather smart-*** way) is either make the Desmond combat great, or please, please don't even attempt it. What's happened with Desmond so far in his sequences is fine, even without combat. Although I'm sure they have to do it sooner or later, because all that training to have him not do anything substantial combat-wise is just stupid.

Hm, kind of between a rock and a hard place on this one. Hope it turns out well. Ubisoft will think of something.

scout455
11-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by raven11d:
i hope the game won't be focussing on modern time. one of the best feature ( if not the best ) of AC is that we can explore historical places from centuries ago. if i wanna explore NY i'll just play GTA4. i wouldn't mind a partial gameplay with desmond but i hope we get to explore egypt now or greece

I agree that exploring ancient times is fun but how would they change it to a more modern time and they have to keep the hidden blade. It wouldn't be assassins creed without the hidden blade. Plus blade or still used to this day idk about sword fighting tho. And this guy is right.... Playing in history is fun to but it would be cool to see how they change the story and setting to a modern era. How would they use guns????? Of course they would have to have silencers but how will the game play look. This game would have to turn into some kinda killing batman/ninja type game. And if we are use Desmond in this last game....PLEASE have him an awsome outfit like all the other ancient assassins.

SolidSage
11-25-2011, 11:59 PM
I hope Desmond combat, if it appears in AC3, should be treated the same as Altair and Ezio. Combos, counters, assassinations, projectiles, executions, etc.
He should have all the weapon categories, just modern versions of some (no axes or bastard swords). I have no problem with him pulling out a pistol and using it, until the clip is empty if I choose, just as it is now, but probably with a different rate of fire and range to reflect the era. We can have some gun katas in there. Guards with guns, even fully auto are fine, we'll just have to develop countermeasures for Desmond that will allow us to hinder their use on approach, so we can get in to CQC range (limited ammunition for long range items due to limited cargo capacity for free running).

goclo822
11-26-2011, 06:41 AM
I definitely DO want to see some modern day Desmond combat/free-running. His storyline is the main arc and with all the training he's gone through, it would be lame to not have him do anything with it (If I could have it my way, I'd want all of AC3 focused on Desmond in modern time but I know that's not gonna happen.) Plus I've always been curious to know how Assassin's/Templars work in modern day. What is their strategy, fighting style, weapon choice, etc. It would be great to see that explored.

So on that note, I think it would be fairly easy for them to transition Ezio/Altair's weaponry onto Desmond in a more modern way. Ezio's arsenal was already pretty modernized. But i'm not sure I would want Desmond running around killing everyone. It made sense for Ezio/Altair but with our current times and Desmond's personality, I just wouldn't think it would fit to have him killing everyone. I want him to have a really nice selection of non-lethal weapons such as smoke bombs, gas bombs, tranquillizers, a tazer, etc. However I want him to keep the hidden blade. It's not AC without it and it would provide the option for people to kill if they choose.