PDA

View Full Version : War Clouds FYI

VFS-22_SPaRX
11-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Well we have had a few weeks with the PTO on the server. SO tomorrow, after i update the server with the patch, i will be switching it over to the Western Front for awhile. I have had alot of people asking me to make the switch and i have seen many wanting to get back into the Western Front. So as it stands right now, after i update the server tomorrow, i will be loading up the old Normandy missions on the server. We added in the A20, B25 and Beufighter to the maps as well.

Unfortunatly i have no other options right now. Running the server from a full install uses up just about every resource the server has. It takes just as much cpu and memory power to run the server right now as it does for you to play the game. With out the dedicated server, we have not choice but to only run one V3.0 server. Soon as we get the dedicated server, you will be seeing all the server back up and running.

S~!

SPaRX
www.war-clouds.net (http://www.war-clouds.net)

VFS-22_SPaRX
11-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Well we have had a few weeks with the PTO on the server. SO tomorrow, after i update the server with the patch, i will be switching it over to the Western Front for awhile. I have had alot of people asking me to make the switch and i have seen many wanting to get back into the Western Front. So as it stands right now, after i update the server tomorrow, i will be loading up the old Normandy missions on the server. We added in the A20, B25 and Beufighter to the maps as well.

Unfortunatly i have no other options right now. Running the server from a full install uses up just about every resource the server has. It takes just as much cpu and memory power to run the server right now as it does for you to play the game. With out the dedicated server, we have not choice but to only run one V3.0 server. Soon as we get the dedicated server, you will be seeing all the server back up and running.

S~!

SPaRX
www.war-clouds.net (http://www.war-clouds.net)

georgeo76
11-17-2004, 09:01 PM
I only have enough funding to keep my Internet connection for 2 more months! Maybe if you could send me some cash, Sparx, I'd be able to play on your server.

VFS-22_SPaRX
11-17-2004, 09:17 PM
Not sure what that has to do with what i posted here. But sorry to hear that bud. Hope things turn around for you.

SPaRX

Cyrano
11-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Hey Sparx,

First off, thanks for the server. Best one online IMHO. Any chance you could rotate maps to include a Western front one followed by a pacific one?
Or perhaps include some of the more "popular" Japanese and American planes in a hypothetical Western front scenario?
In any case thanks for the heads up.

VFS-22_SPaRX
11-17-2004, 09:31 PM
Changin maps does not work well when running the full install. The load times become too long and many other performance issues. So that is not possible right now.

As for the mixing of planes. I am really not a big fan of that as are most of the players on the server. So i really do not wish to do that.

I know that some are going to miss playing on the Pacific, but there are alot of people that miss flying the German planes. So in an effort to get some balance going, this is how we need to handle it right now. Let's just hope for a speedy dedicated server release.

S~
SPaRX

El Turo
11-17-2004, 11:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by georgeo76:
I only have enough funding to keep my Internet connection for 2 more months! Maybe if you could send me some cash, Sparx, I'd be able to play on your server. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Sir.Robin-1337
11-18-2004, 03:46 AM
Good stuff Sparx.
Warm up my Mustang will ya? I'm in the mood for 4 figured points.

Diablo310th
11-18-2004, 06:04 AM
Sparx...I think that's a good idea for now till we get teh dedicated patch. I'm looking forward to getting back to teh Western Front and taking on the new LW ac to see how they do now in 3.0.

Biloxi72
11-18-2004, 07:52 AM
Sparx,
Any chance you could throw the british corsairs in there too? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
If not oh well great server and that dedicated server patch cant come soon enough.