PDA

View Full Version : Fly Online then get comms

Gustav_flyer
06-11-2005, 09:57 AM
For most of us who fly on WC. GG, etc. we all have comms, if you don't have it, GET IT. Teamspeak is free and Walmart has the mic and headphones. It burns me to no end when players come in and KIll Steal and they are not on comms. Also you cant warn people quick enough if they are being threatened. Besides it adds to the game!!!!!!!!!! On servers like WC, you have a great bunch of guys to fly with anyway, having a mic just adds to the fun of this great game.

9th_Spitin
06-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Very good statement. But do not assume that if someone is not on WC's TS or any other server hosted TS that they are not using it. Our squad has used the "server" TS and it is good when there is only 1 or 2 of us on it, but when we get 4-6 on it it gets too busy so we use our own dedicated TS.

As for the kill stealing, I feel your pain. It burns you up when you have the enemy plane on fire with engine out and some goof jumps in and puts a few bullets in him just before it crashes and gets your kill. As for your own team jumping right in front of you while your firing, all 9th are informed to keep finger on trigger http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif . That should teach them not to do it again.

S~

Tooz_69GIAP
06-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Whenever I go onto the WC or GG TS server, there's almost noone on it, and those who are on it are absolutely silent the entire time!!!

Prop_Strike
06-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Every time I'm on WC or GG with my wingman (VPG_GunJack), we are on comms....it' easier when we are working together, but we use the TS public server most of the time-just make our own channel-because a lot of the time noone's on the server TS.
We are in Australia so we probably play at different times than some others, so that could have somehing to do with it.
I agree though that TS really adds something, and every player should be on comms with at least one wingman.
But Spitin's right; don't assume that noone's on comms!

vocatx
06-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Tooz, I agree. I've been there numerous times lately when people were listed on the TS channel, I see them flying, but they don't answer me when I call. It could be they don't speak english, because I'm usually there around four to seven a.m. European Time. It's really nice to fly with someone else on comms. I had a couple of issues trying to get it going myself at first, but it's definitely worth the trouble to set up.