PDA

View Full Version : rear gunner

Perrazi
07-05-2006, 09:10 PM
i'm having a problem with my rear gunners,or any gunner in the controls menu. i push c which gets me to the gunner position,but the mouse doesn't move the gun or fire using the mouse button. i still get the rear view but nothing works. the ai rear gunner works ok,but what have i done wrong otherwise? thanks in advance for any and all assisstance.

Perrazi
07-05-2006, 09:10 PM
i'm having a problem with my rear gunners,or any gunner in the controls menu. i push c which gets me to the gunner position,but the mouse doesn't move the gun or fire using the mouse button. i still get the rear view but nothing works. the ai rear gunner works ok,but what have i done wrong otherwise? thanks in advance for any and all assisstance.

Heavy_Metal1982
07-05-2006, 09:16 PM
If I remember correctly you have to shut off the 'AI Gunner' once you are in the gunner seat. Simply press 'a' (or your autopilot key) to disable the AI Gunner.

Perrazi
07-05-2006, 09:22 PM
thanks for the help. will give it a try.

Deadmeat313
07-06-2006, 03:15 AM
It sounds like you have Autopilot Automation disabled. If you enable it (you'll need to assign a hotkey - mine's 'Alt-A') then you'll be granted control of the gunner station immediately on entry.

The AI will take over any station you leave, though, so if you leave the cockpit the plane will go to autopilot. Sometimes its better to leave Autopilot Automation off and just manually toggle when you're in the gunner seat - that way you can still control the plane.

T.

Perrazi
07-06-2006, 07:17 AM
it works. thanks a bunch guys.