PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft please don't...

princeofyo
05-14-2006, 07:37 AM
There is ton's of rumors, from previews, and the lot that Assassin's Creed will partially take place in the future.

I for one do not understand why this has to be.

Imo the game would be much better without any "futurist twist"...its just so random...

I would be so happy if someone who worked on this game just comes along and confirms no "futuristic twist" or mental patient

FireEmpress
05-14-2006, 09:02 AM
The mental patient theory sucks, but what is wrong with some history being tied together with the future http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

That way the game is not just historical, but has a past-future mix http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Meh, I think it€s cool

Lhorkan
05-14-2006, 09:08 AM
I agree with Prince, the futuristic element would make the game a lot less fun.

princeofyo
05-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Lhorkan:
I agree with Prince, the futuristic element would make the game a lot less fun.

Oh the game will of course be fun.

I believe this game has the potentail to be game of the year and getting perfect 10's for graphics, gameplay, sound, but what about story?

Stories play a very important part in a video game (for me at least) and the whole mental patient thing kinda makes the game...well...a little less epic then it should be.

rajsoloman
05-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Im sure that ubi, the screenwriting geniouses that they are will take this strange premise and make it an epic awesome-*** game

Yog1243
05-14-2006, 03:40 PM
If applied right I think the game can handle a few years in the future very good. I don't however want to play this game in the year 2006 while at the begining I was playing in 1191 for exapmle .

Maybe 10 years after 1191 at the most ,and a glimpse of the future. I don't really like to have time rooms like there were in WW ,because that would be copying WW IMO.

The Story might be told from the future so that could work.

I'm say Ubi. should do it ,but not cause a huge time difference.

halcyoneg
05-14-2006, 06:28 PM
And you guys should note that in a recent video interview, the producer said that even though Assassin's Creed isn't out yet, they are already planning development for multiple sequels , so we also have to think as to how this futuristic twist will work out.

Illidan23
05-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by halcyoneg:
And you guys should note that in a recent video interview, the producer said that even though Assassin's Creed isn't out yet, they are already planning development for multiple sequels , so we also have to think as to how this futuristic twist will work out.

I noticed that too about multiple sequels already planned.

About the futuristic angle may be Ubisoft have a plan for multiple games about Altair that takes him through different time periods similar to what Silicon Knights did with Eternal Darkness on Gamecube.

hyperplus
05-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Timelines are an interesting part of gaming if you are into the storyline. But IMO is very hard to keep the style if time jumps are dramatics by era. Maybe they are trying to do some kind of Metal Gear Solid style storyline. But in this case we have an epic character who actually we don't know if changing history is for the "good" of the timeline.

What if he is a bad character, and we are presented with a new character in AC2 where the antagonist is actually the good guy.

ok.. i guess i just created a new theory. don't you love it?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Strabr93
05-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Woah, futuristic settings? Mental patients? Never seen these theories before. They seem to me to be the strange paranoia that usually arises a year or so before a game is launched.

gibbo3000
05-15-2006, 11:53 PM
do you think that with such a big area, at least three cities and surrounding areas, recreated that they would be able to also produce the same for a completely different area. all in the same game.

maybe the sequel will be in the future with a similar situation but a new charecter who is a member of the same assasins group trying to protect the holy land. in the 2000's. kind of like an ancient society, like in those mummy movies.

the first version of the game may be giving history for the second

choinkees
05-16-2006, 12:13 AM
Hmmm.. well there is that thing where parts of the interface seem futuristic, and then this thing from GameSpy (and I've read something very similar on either IGN or Gamespot):
-----
Apparently, this story is a part of a larger futuristic epic as well, as evidenced by occasional "transmission distortion" in the game. Also, when Altair died during one part of the demo, the screen shifted to a first-person view of someone seemingly coming out of a VR environment with references to "Genetic Memory."
----(http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-3/project-assassins/707941p1.html)

There was also a Game Trailers video interview with the producer, and she's trying to give details without giving anything away, but when she talks about these effects in a 'real' game world she says "if there's a health bar on the screen, if theres certain effects.. there's no... .. ...you don't wonder why that's there, ..and so there are explanations for all of these things, and some of them go back to.. well...heheh [GTtv: 'There are explanations but they're not explanations for now'] unfortunately not - I'm trying to figure out how to say it without saying it, but unfortunately we'll have to keep that secret"

...so... there are reports of weird distortion effects and futuristic looking interface elements, and the game's producer says there are reasons behind it but it's secret for now. ....Time capsules? Virtual reality assassin training? Dunno...

gibbo3000
05-16-2006, 12:52 AM
in some ways i don't care about the story in a game like this, just give me a weaons and a mission. No need for some great big elaborate background story to start with.

El_Vincente
05-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Considering you're a muslim, maybe you will forsee 9/11!

RedMageDan
05-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Actually, Ubisoft has stated emphatically that time travel is NOT involved, although I don't know if that rules out the whole Genetic Memory thing. That seems most likely to me, since POP seems to tell the story through someone else (Kaileena in PoP3, Prince in PoP1 & 2) this may just be the Assasins Creed version of that.

Nick1021
10-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Wow guys calm down.

beanodad
10-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
Wow guys calm down.

Why do people keep posting in threads from 4 years ago?

magesupermaster
10-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
Wow guys calm down.

Why?!